Does anyone have the feeling they can't settle?

If you say so. Imagine only having fast fingers.
You’re not comparing apples with apples. Obviously exercise is better, but gaming while sat on your arse is better than staring at soaps or reality tv all night while sat on your arse.
He is right. Many games have the puzzle or strategy element.

If he said he was going playing chess or cards, everyone would nod and acknowledge it was good mental stimulation. If it is just a random shooter game then fair enough. I got a xbox to play games with the kids and most of the games we have, we often stop and sit trying to figure out the solution.
Exactly. I spent 8 hours the other day and only completed 4 missions. Took multiple goes to figure out the strategy, learning a bit more from each attempt. He probably never got beyond playing space invaders man.

Last edited:
He is right. Many games have the puzzle or strategy element.

If he said he was going playing chess or cards, everyone would nod and acknowledge it was good mental stimulation. If it is just a random shooter game then fair enough. I got a xbox to play games with the kids and most of the games we have, we often stop and sit trying to figure out the solution.
I never questioned the mental aspect, it was the manual dexterity.

Fine motor will be impacted, depending on game possibly gross motor too, lots of care homes have a Nintendo for wii fit or even just the ten pin bowling.
Aye. Maybe so but as a middle aged man you can’t convince yourself it’s doing you good (physically) spending 8 hours a day on a computer.

Aye. Maybe so but as a middle aged man you can’t convince yourself it’s doing you good (physically) spending 8 hours a day on a computer.
Anyone who works in a non-manual job is probably doing that for a living. I’ve just sat down at my computer for the day. Far better than being out in this rain today. The important thing is mixing it with exercise and other things that get you moving or standing.

Back