Does anyone have the feeling they can't settle?

Bit of a follow up thread from @Gillythedilf but I just can't rest. I've always got to be doing something.

This morning for example I got up early and went for a walk. Came back had a cup of tea. House asleep. Kids wake up I made them a hit chocolate. Mother reading them a story. I go and put petrol in the car.

I just cannot not be occupied.
You need to work on that mate. I 100% know what you mean. Its not healthy but at the same time its difficult to down tools n do fuck all, even for half an hour, but you need to.

A customer text me on 27th. I was like ah ffs, Id been chilled to fuck for a week bar kids, family etc.

Make a point of making a bit time for yourself in ‘24, mainly cos your timetables stress me to fuck! 😉

All the best!

I've been like that most of my life. I find it difficult to do nothing and I cant just relax. It's probably why I've never had a holiday where you sit on a beach all day, sunbathe and do nothing. It used to annoy my kids because that's what they wanted to do. I'd rather explore the area where I am and maybe visit a local museum to find out a bit of it's history.

Bit of a follow up thread from @Gillythedilf but I just can't rest. I've always got to be doing something.

This morning for example I got up early and went for a walk. Came back had a cup of tea. House asleep. Kids wake up I made them a hit chocolate. Mother reading them a story. I go and put petrol in the car.

I’ve sat about constantly since Friday morning due to getting my Barnet sorted and recovering.

I’m sitting here now with a neck pillow round my neck and feel groggy as fuck. Not due to the operation , but due to doing nowt. This might sound daft but it’s as though there is no ; up, down, day night and so on. Absolutely terrible.

After today I think I’ll have to get sorted and do something, I’m cracking up and my temper is bubbling under the surface.

I’ve sat about constantly since Friday morning due to getting my Barnet sorted and recovering.

I’m sitting here now with a neck pillow round my neck and feel groggy as fuck. Not due to the operation , but due to doing nowt. This might sound daft but it’s as though there is no ; up, down, day night and so on. Absolutely terrible.

After today I think I’ll have to get sorted and do something, I’m cracking up and my temper is bubbling under the surface.
You know what you need in ‘24 gilly!

Golf, with me n your man @buster

😉

Have you considered a nice hand shandy?

I'm happy to chill, but increasingly find it hard to feel like I'm not 'Wasting the day', or alternatively feel very low level stress of what to do when taking it easy - do I watch a film, listen to music, go for a beer etc. I can't figure out why but I think this might be just because there's so many options available nowadays.

Ahh yes Golf.

The sport of lazy bastards with 2nd generation money.

On a serious note though mate the amount of people who I know who play golf whose wives are in loveless marriages is very high.
😂

I dont find the last point mate. And I know lots.

And how can hiking up n down hills for 4 hours a few times a week be for lazy bastards? Gets you fit as feck.

I'm always thinking about something, usually worrying. Whenever I sit down and shouldn't have a care or worry in the world, my brain will find something.

Today though I'm more preoccupied with going back to work tomorrow. :neutral:

Wouldn't say I can't settle because I'm generally lazy but I'm done in being off work for so long over Christmas. First time I've felt like this though.

Back