Dodds

If by coach you mean someone to have on the coaching staff, it's not really possible to say from the outside, although the lack of development of most players is a worry.

If by coach you mean Head Coach, yes, he is really a bad coach. On three occasions he has taken on a team in the top half of the division.

His overall record is P14 W3 D3 L8, which is relegation form.

The club will have spent months looking for a replacement by the summer so we they should be confident enough in who they approach, that person should be able to bring in their own assistant and a couple of first team coaches

I personally would peddle Dodds but if he does stay it should only be as part of the coaching staff and not as Assistant. In the main we have been horrific under him with the players often looking like they don't even know what they are meant to be doing

If we hire cheap and force Dodds as assistant on the new fella it will be clear the club have learned fuck all from this season.

Twice now he’s outfoxed a Leeds manager who is working with a squad of PL players. Clearly Dodds is a good coach. Has to be kept at our club in some capacity.

Has he outfoxed him or did Leeds just not show the required quality in the final third? It was hardly like we set up in a fashion that they’d have totally unexpected.

Leeds’s was like a Sunderland performance under Mowbray earlier this season. I wouldn’t say Mowbray was outfoxed by opposition managers setting up with two deep banks of four, we just didn’t have the guile or players to get through it.

Cry all you like about him, he's going nowhere.
Probably right, but could see it being a bit of a sticking point with a decent new manager. Would you want someone in a senior role who has done the job for half a season and clearly has the ear of your boss.
That's before we even get into whether he is up to the job.

The club will have spent months looking for a replacement by the summer so we they should be confident enough in who they approach, that person should be able to bring in their own assistant and a couple of first team coaches

I personally would peddle Dodds but if he does stay it should only be as part of the coaching staff and not as Assistant. In the main we have been horrific under him with the players often looking like they don't even know what they are meant to be doing

If we hire cheap and force Dodds as assistant on the new fella it will be clear the club have learned fuck all from this season.
Nobody coming in will be bringing their own full team of staff. How many times does this need to be said.
Probably right, but could see it being a bit of a sticking point with a decent new manager. Would you want someone in a senior role who has done the job for half a season and clearly has the ear of your boss.
That's before we even get into whether he is up to the job.
Not saying I agree with it mate, just pointing out the reality. Dodds & Co are going nowhere.

Last edited:
Has he outfoxed him or did Leeds just not show the required quality in the final third? It was hardly like we set up in a fashion that they’d have totally unexpected.

Leeds’s was like a Sunderland performance under Mowbray earlier this season. I wouldn’t say Mowbray was outfoxed by opposition managers setting up with two deep banks of four, we just didn’t have the guile or players to get through it.
Watching Phil Smith and his mate on “At The Whistle” this morning . Very decent quick review vlog on YT. I think it was pointed out that difference in the two squads was/is massive. They brought a sub on second half who has 14 caps for Italy 😳

I don't think he's very good.

For someone's who's been at the club, working with players day in/out for over 3 year, the bloke seems a bit clueless. I struggle to see what he brings to the table, but he's going nowhere whilst Speakman is here.

Watching Phil Smith and his mate on “At The Whistle” this morning . Very decent quick review vlog on YT. I think it was pointed out that difference in the two squads was/is massive. They brought a sub on second half who has 14 caps for Italy 😳
But we have 7/8 Premier league ready players ready to sell for 100m + .

If Dodds stays will the next head coach be wary of him from the start? Knowing that if results turn then the club have an emergency manager already here who seems well liked by the players.

I honestly don't really judge him for results, he's been without Clarke and Roberts for most of his spell. Doesn't mean I think he's done well, just that the player who was carrying 90% of our goal threat being missing is hard to replace.

His record since taking over from Beale is:
P9
W1
D3
L5
GD-7

In mitigation he inherited a squad short on confidence and with injuries to key players but in fairness most managers that start mid season inherit a side with issues.

As others have said on here if he has genuine aspirations of being a head coach I suspect he’s need to start with a club in L1 or L2 and gain more experience.

Personally, I thought Leeds were as much in control of the game as they were dreadful in the final third. There is no way they are at the top of the Championship being as indecisive as that every week and we benefitted from it last night.

I thought we had moments, dug in when we needed to and that’s about it.

Last edited:

Back