Do you think there will be a second wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we change the title to “another wave”. Saves having these first wave arguments/theories. It’s clear what the concern is. Will it get bad again. Who cares what wave it’s classed as.

Dont be a silly bugger as per normal.

The experts base their views on facts and statistical evidence.

Next you'll be saying Science is all just a bit of negativity.

Where could they get the facts and statistical evidence to all this, say in March?
They were slapping figures into a computer pressing a button and getting a figure without any real genuine data to go off.

Totally disagree, even now they’re just guessing.
They're not guessing as such - they're giving their advice based on the knowledge and experience they have with a number of assumptions factored in to account and caveat for what they don't yet actually know.

That's why they are telling us to prepare for the 'worst case' scenario. It's not guaranteed to happen but it's best to be prepared for it. That way, nobody will be too bothered if they get it wrong and it doesn't materialise.

Better than saying it won't happen then get pelters if it does.

so which expert should we listen to?

boris :lol:

1 day 1 says 120,000 gonna die , next day one says we have enough immunity to cope with 2nd wave. i think the govt have fucked it up but may come out smelling of roses, if our 1st wave was so bad that our 2nd is a blip . just guessing like everyone else, lets wait and see

1 day 1 says 120,000 gonna die , next day one says we have enough immunity to cope with 2nd wave. i think the govt have fucked it up but may come out smelling of roses, if our 1st wave was so bad that our 2nd is a blip . just guessing like everyone else, lets wait and see

you are right. A USA style fuck it up, get it right blame others approach.

That herd immunity study is yet to be peer reviewed.

Press picking up on it just to make stories.

They're not guessing as such - they're giving their advice based on the knowledge and experience they have with a number of assumptions factored in to account and caveat for what they don't yet actually know.

That's why they are telling us to prepare for the 'worst case' scenario. It's not guaranteed to happen but it's best to be prepared for it. That way, nobody will be too bothered if they get it wrong and it doesn't materialise.

Better than saying it won't happen then get pelters if it does.

They have no idea is my take on it.
When you listen to them they don’t even have the same opinions on it as each other, basically full of shit.

That herd immunity study is yet to be peer reviewed.

Press picking up on it just to make stories.

All I know is Sweden are pretty much through this, no masks, no distancing, no pubs/restaurants shut, no restrictions on small gatherings, just common sense and largely basic guidelines.

All I know is Sweden are pretty much through this, no masks, no distancing, no pubs/restaurants shut, no restrictions on small gatherings, just common sense and largely basic guidelines.
Sweden 578 deaths per million, Norway 59, Finland, 62 and Denmark 109.
Sweden cases per million 8,555, Norway 2259, Finland 1557 and Denmark 3,491.

i wish people would put Sweden into the context of similar countries around them who did lockdown.

The other aspects are that the Nordic countries have a lower population density and very few large cities.

Sweden 578 deaths per million, Norway 59, Finland, 62 and Denmark 109.
Sweden cases per million 8,555, Norway 2259, Finland 1557 and Denmark 3,491.

i wish people would put Sweden into the context of similar countries around them who did lockdown.

The other aspects are that the Nordic countries have a lower population density and very few large cities.

Indeed but it proves the point that this is not the highly deadly virus that we were originally told it was and in fact if Sweden had managed to keep it out of the care homes their figures would be reduced by about 60% IMSC. As it is they seem to be achieving herd immunity & can crack on with their lives supporting the economy whilst most of Europe returns to turmoil.
France 10k a day, Spain 12k a day, if that’s not a second wave dunno what is.

And yet France have fans in the ground and we a scrimping about with only 5 other people allowed 🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back