Do You Still Send Cards?

££'s for a folded bit of paper with a picture and shite verse on! It's racketeering, I tell thee. Her indoors sends them, I never have. I don't care to receive them too.

Last edited:
For Christmas and Birthday's etc, or is it now a thing of the past?

When i was a kid, the living room walls would be covered in cards from family, friends and parents work for Xmas and Birthday's.

And now family, friends and neighbours over the last few years are saying they aren't sending any cards and not to send them any back.
Fuckin hell I forgot about all that
Stamps cost more than the cards

Indeed, I meant to type Mr Hartley but I was cradling an American guitar and made a goddam error. Slippery sucker that it is.
Way too turn your typo into a ... I made a mistake while being cool. Well done.

I still send quite a few. Family and friends. Suppose cos I live far away.

Always write a few words..or longer in each of them too.

Love getting them as well.

Tho always promise, this year we will make an effort and meet up then before you know it it's next Christmas and no meet up.

Aye. Still send them to folk who send us one, close family, and those who live quite a distance away Just courteous really.

Also send them to customers.

Way too turn your typo into a ... I made a mistake while being cool. Well done.

I still send quite a few. Family and friends. Suppose cos I live far away.

Always write a few words..or longer in each of them too.

Love getting them as well.

Tho always promise, this year we will make an effort and meet up then before you know it it's next Christmas and no meet up.
I was wearing Raybans indoors anarl and something zany on my head.

Its been a slow day 😂

close family only now and deliver as many personally as possible. Parents used to get a few hundred but very few now due to the postage costs

We send one to everyone in our street - have done since we moved in in 1996 and realised it was an already established tradition.

Close family and friends get cards as well - it's just a nice traditional way of letting people know you haven't forgotten them.

I hope the tradition-less, soulless, impersonal and sterile Christmases that some seem to crave are a long way off yet - Ffs it's the only thing to look forward to in our sh!tty winters.

That's me....22 to be sent, a couple more hand delivered and a few more round the neighbours. Everyone with a wee note inside not just salutary seasons greeting. My hand knacking.

Stopped about 15 years ago.
Could tell loads of peeps thought I was being horrible.

Now most people agree with with me.

The only ones I like are ones my kids make.

Nope! was never big on it , but did it reluctantly, now don't bother. Another part of our culture, along with newspapers etc, that is disappearing, all very sad, but times change I suppose. Even buying a present for my kids is a big NO NO these days, just send us the money dad they will say, again all very cold and sad, in an increasingly cold and sad society that we have become. I always think it is nice that someone has put time and effort into buying you a present, even if on many occasions that present is not exactly what you wanted or its too large or small etc, sending money or a voucher or a text is just so lazy and cold. It is difficult to believe that only as recently as 10 years ago, my parents would spend all day around this time of year, writing out Xmas cards then my dad would go around the village posting them by hand. The Royal Mail was booming as people posted presents all over the country and the world. Technology is slowly killing life. I wouldn't like to be a 20 yr old today.

Back