Do you have a door number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to a 6 figure grid ref. when using an OS map that.

Some counties in Asia just use the telephone number directly into the day nav.
The thing with this is that it has indexed every single indoor / outdoor area of the globe.

For example, at a festival you could find a mates tent to the exact 3m x 3m spot in the camp.

In the SOL you can navigate to a seat.

In a club you can navigate to find a mate.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work vertically.

Irritated the life out of me when I delivered takeaways, having to walk up and down streets looking for a door with a number on. My guilty pleasure was knocking on the neighbours door, then missing the customer out again by knocking on the other neighbours door.

no house number here, just the name. don't think any houses in the street ever had numbers tbh.
i often feel sorry for the delivery folks as there's not many numbered houses at all.

Those with house names might regret it if an ambulance has trouble finding your house. In cardiac arrest cases chances of survival drop by 10% or so for every minute passed without defibrillation. Also bit of a nightmare if you need the police there to deal with something, an extra minute or so when someone is kicking off can feel like hours. Trumpton won’t have any problems though, they just look for the flames or the crowds gazing upwards to the stuck cat.

Some streets go up one side and down the other as well.
Ours is like that - Goes up to 15 on one side of the street, opposite 15 is 16, opposite 14 is 17, opposite 12 (no number 13) is 18, and so on.

The weird bit is that there is a road dividing number 6 and 7 and the houses opposite numbers 1 to 6 have a different street name - causes havoc with deliveries.

Last edited:
The village I lived in in kent had some very random numberings due to houses which had been demolished after suffering bomb damage during the war. In my old street I think it was something like 1 to 21 on one side then about 80 to 100 on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back