Do you have a door number?

:lol::lol: what the fuck.
I don’t think you quite understand the delivery process mate. Not for takeaways anyway. Do you think the drivers pop your newly cooked pizza in the car and then have a leisurely drive to your house?
When it’s busy, it’s more like this: You get maybe 5 deliveries to put in your car at once, and you have 5 minutes each to deliver them. You might just do it if you break all speed limits and everyone is waiting at the door with the correct money (plus tip;))
30 seconds looking for a house or waiting to see if anyone’s heard a possibly non-working bell is time you can’t afford.

I don’t think you quite understand the delivery process mate. Not for takeaways anyway. Do you think the drivers pop your newly cooked pizza in the car and then have a leisurely drive to your house?
When it’s busy, it’s more like this: You get maybe 5 deliveries to put in your car at once, and you have 5 minutes each to deliver them. You might just do it if you break all speed limits and everyone is waiting at the door with the correct money (plus tip;))
30 seconds looking for a house or waiting to see if anyone’s heard a possibly non-working bell is time you can’t afford.

It's almost as if I don't give a shit isn't it?

I bet you’re straight on the blower if your food is cold though .

It's never, ever happened and I've lived here two over two years. My doorbell works just fine.

Ordered a takeaway twice over the weekend and they both arrived earlier than expected, same as every weekend I'm in the house. Received deliveries from Amazon, Royal Mail and DHL in the week and again, no problem whatsoever.

Perhaps being promoted to delivery driver was a step up you weren't ready for? The ability to count is probably a key requirement.

Briefly lived in a house on the edge of corbridge as a kid. Just a few months, renting I think. My old man joked the address was just “1 Corbridge”. Sent a postcard to it from holiday and sure enough it was there when we got back.

Never worked out what house it was when I’ve been back that way.

It's never, ever happened and I've lived here two over two years. My doorbell works just fine.

Ordered a takeaway twice over the weekend and they both arrived earlier than expected, same as every weekend I'm in the house. Received deliveries from Amazon, Royal Mail and DHL in the week and again, no problem whatsoever.

Perhaps being promoted to delivery driver was a step up you weren't ready for? The ability to count is probably a key requirement.
You still don’t get it do you?

You still don’t get it do you?

You're standing on my street with a piping hot pizza that's meant to be delivered to house number 21. The house in front of you hasn't got a number on it. To the left is number 19, and to right is number 23. Over the road on the opposite side are houses 18, 20, 22 and 24.

And you're confused.

I get that.

You're standing on my street with a piping hot pizza that's meant to be delivered to house number 21. The house in front of you hasn't got a number on it. To the left is number 19, and to right is number 23. Over the road on the opposite side are houses 18, 20, 22 and 24.

And you're confused.

I get that.
People shouldn’t have to look at other houses to work out which one yours is though! That’s the point of the thread.

Back