Do you enjoy food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to work with a chap who told me in all seriousness that there was no food that he enjoyed eating for it's taste very much and that he only really ate because he recognised that his body required sustenance. It was a necessary inconvenience to him.

WTF???? I love food, most food in fact and I reckon nearly all people on here do as well. No quips about fat fuckers are necessary, it's a given :lol:.

Do you only eat because you have to?

Perhaps he had no sense of smell (I'm being serious).

Haha didnt realise they served them to sober people

In my quest to find the NE's best Doner kebab a month or so ago I discovered that Donatellos in Shields make their own kebab meat with 100% lamb. So I went there stonecold sober at approx 6pm on a Thursday night and ordered one. As I was waiting for it to be served I mentioned to the lad behind the counter that the kebab meat smelled nice. He looked at me as though I had taken leave of my senses! :lol::lol:

As a result of the subsequent pouching of said meat, I can report that it tasted no better than the mixed-meat doner served by most kebab shops, and it was much tougher. I will make no comment about the cheeseburger they served me for our lass :evil::evil:.

Perhaps he had no sense of smell (I'm being serious).

He did have a sense of smell.He told me my kedgeree smelled overly fishy. Oo-er matron!

Last edited:
I used to work with a chap who told me in all seriousness that there was no food that he enjoyed eating for it's taste very much and that he only really ate because he recognised that his body required sustenance. It was a necessary inconvenience to him.

WTF???? I love food, most food in fact and I reckon nearly all people on here do as well. No quips about fat fuckers are necessary, it's a given :lol:.

I'm with you there scimmy. Love food and mealtimes are something i always look forward to.
And i saw someone interviewed a while back saying much the same thing, about because they had no choice, and got no enjoyment from it. Weird.
Have these people never had a Chicken tikka chilli garlic ?

In my quest to find the NE's best Doner kebab a month or so ago I discovered that Donatellos in Shields make their own kebab meat with 100% lamb. So I went there stonecold sober at approx 6pm on a Thursday night and ordered one. As I was waiting for it to be served I mentioned to the lad behind the counter that the kebab meat smelled nice. He looked at me as though I had taken leave of my senses! :lol::lol:

As a result of the subsequent pouching of said meat, I can report that it tasted no better than the mixed-meat doner served by most kebab shops, and it was much tougher. I will make no comment about the cheeseburger they served me for our lass :evil::evil:.

He did have a sense of smell.He told me my kedgeree smelled overly fishy. Oo-er matron!

I only asked because I know someone with a chronic sinus problem - he can't smell properly and doesn't really enjoy food.

I can't imagine not being able to smell a curry house, chip shop or whatever.

I'm with you there scimmy. Love food and mealtimes are something i always look forward to.
And i saw someone interviewed a while back saying much the same thing, about because they had no choice, and got no enjoyment from it. Weird.
Have these people never had a Chicken tikka chilli garlic ?

Lusheroony!!

My workmate on a Friday night would sup a few bottles of Stella and as a concession to his wife would get a Chinese delivered. He would eat half of his and have the second half for breakfast.

Knew one lad like that. He'd lost his sense of smell and ha taste had followed. Not even a lunatic burger would shift him.

sometimes yeah.

i love eating nice food and sometimes will happily spend an hour or two prepping, but often i just eat because if i don't i'll get tired. especially when on a budget, focus is energy, not taste or satisfaction.

I only asked because I know someone with a chronic sinus problem - he can't smell properly and doesn't really enjoy food.

I can't imagine not being able to smell a curry house, chip shop or whatever.

My Da lost his sense of smell completely aged 35 following a bout of pneumonia. This should have been a tragedy for him as he loved his bait. However, he claimed that strangely he still enjoyed food. Maybe he was just a greedy bugger! :lol:

Im possibly towards that end of the camp. I just dont get high end fine dining & foody thing. Id rather have a nice sunday roast or fish & chips anyday. Of course theres foods that i do enjoy but at the same time i could quite happily eat the same bland thing everyday

Lass I work with has a packet of instant chicken noodles every day for lunch without fail.

As anyone else got such a bland narrow diet?

I used to do the same when I was younger to save money for weekends football and drinking. Could get 5 packs for £1 that was dinner sorted slice if toast for breakfast then a proper(ISH) meal for tea. Only drink water when not out as well.

Tbh now I'm lucky that my job allows me to eat out a few times per week for nowt :)

My Da lost his sense of smell completely aged 35 following a bout of pneumonia. This should have been a tragedy for him as he loved his bait. However, he claimed that strangely he still enjoyed food. Maybe he was just a greedy bugger! :lol:
I lost my sense of smell about 4 year ago, even though I ate just to stop being hungry at work, I still enjoyed my food when I had time to savoir it

Is your quest still on going mate?

Adults who don't eat adult foods baffle me, those who don't like liver, or broccoli, or owt else- get to fuck man
Stick to your chicken nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back