Do you believe Aliens are already here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
It's interesting to hear Bob say that "some/all" craft in the bunker are archeological finds.

Just my opinion, but I think that if this advanced technology does exist, it's not from civilisations from distant planets, much closer to home.

Ellis Silver's thesis is that humans did not evolve along with the rest of life on earth but that we were planted here by aliens (either fully formed or after being interbred with Neanderthals)

The reasons:

The sun hurts our eyes
The sun kills us (skin cancer)
Some people suffer from seasonal affective disorder
We commonly suffer from bad backs
We have over 200 unique genes
There is no missing link the fossil record
We lack the ability to sense the Earth's magnetic fields
We lack body hair
Many people suffer from hay fever and asthma
We like eating tasty food that is sometimes bad for us
We breed too much, resulting in overpopulation
We lack natural defenses against large predators
We're destroying the environment
The technological leap from protohumans to modern day is just too great
We suffer from a host of chronic illness.
etc

there are far too many coincidences for it to be a coincidence.

OK here we go...

The sun hurts our eyes
The sun kills us (skin cancer)
Some people suffer from seasonal affective disorder
We commonly suffer from bad backs
Many people suffer from hay fever and asthma
We suffer from a host of chronic illness.

All of these are the same point, which is that people get ill and injured.
- Well, for a start, so does every animal on the planet.
- Secondly, how is any of this evidence of alien intervention? Surely if aliens had messed with our evolution they would have made us immune to these sorts of things? Or are you suggesting that either their technology is so amazing they can travel to distant galaxies to fuck with other species' evolution but are incapable of curing these things, or they have deliberately designed us to be shit?
- Thirdly, why should we not be affected by these things? Evolution isn't a perfect process. There's no "direction" of evolution, there's no endgame to it, no aim. There's only who survives long enough to have offspring and keep them safe long enough for them to do the same. Along the way, shit happens and often traits survive that aren't advantageous in a creature that has other traits that help them survive.

We have over 200 unique genes

- You can say the same thing about every species of life form on the planet.

We breed too much, resulting in overpopulation
We like eating tasty food that is sometimes bad for us
We're destroying the environment

- Many humans are stupid. Why should this be evidence of alien intervention in our evolution? Surely if anything this is evidence aliens haven't intervened?
- Do you think proto-humans had better diets than we do nowadays or bred less than we do nowadays? No. Raw meat and whatever they found on the floor, that's what they ate, and they had no contraception, a high infant mortality rate, and no concepts of monogamy or responsibility for family, meaning they had to breed much more than we do nowadays just for the bloodline to survive.

There is no missing link the fossil record

- There are literally billions of missing links in the fossil record. Can you tell me where all your great-great-grandparents are buried? Any of them in fact? And that's just 16 links in the fossil record related to you personally. Expand that logic across every living thing on the planet that has ever lived and realise how absurd that suggestion of yours is.

We lack the ability to sense the Earth's magnetic fields

- And the relevance of this is...? We also lack the ability to smell our prey from miles away like sharks do, or to communicate with other people using only body chemicals like ants, or to use sonar like bats, or run as fast as cheetahs, or hang from trees with prehensile tails. If we did have all the best attributes of every animal on the planet I would take it as evidence that aliens had interfered with our evolution, but as we're actually pretty shit creatures apart from brains and thumbs, I'd say it's highly unlikely that any kind of higher being had anything to do with our "design".

We lack body hair

- "Sexual selection". Look it up. It's a key component of evolution. In short, less hair = less ticks, fleas, parasites = more attractive to a mate = more likely to reproduce.

We lack natural defenses against large predators

- Apart from our intelligence, ability to hide, climb, use tools, communicate with each other to co-ordinate against them... the list goes on.
- Mice lack natural defences against large predators. Are they created by aliens too? Neither do bacteria, small fish, deer, antelopes, frogs... it's a nonsense argument.
- Why would aliens create us to be shit? It's a point I've made already but it's appropriate here too. Surely if aliens wanted us to survive, we'd have the best natural defences on the planet, the best immune systems, the ability to eat what we want without it killing us. Why wouldn't the aliens kill the large predators while they were here to make it so that we didn't need defences against them?

The technological leap from protohumans to modern day is just too great

- No, it isn't. Read more books and understand.

see if you can do better

How's that, marra?

Last edited:
I know how you feel marra. Cattermole leaving has had a big impact on me too.
Has it marra, I just brushed it off then had a game of chess. I'm a brilliant goalkeeper as I have great hand eye co-ordination after learning tai chi.

Last edited by a moderator:
The interesting point about information transfer is that the maximum is thought to be the speed of light. However, experiments with quantum entanglement have indicated that correlations have been measured at such a distance that information transfer has been up to 10,000 time faster than the speed of light.

However so-called "loophole-free" Bell tests have been performed in which the locations were separated such that communications at the speed of light would have taken longer—in one case 10,000 times longer—than the interval between the measurements.

This could indicate that information transfer has been instantaneous.

Also there are some indications that the speed of light has slightly slowed since the big bang.

Back