Do you believe Aliens are already here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Even if you could travel at the speed of light or close to it, it would take years to reach the nearest star, some thousands. So which star do you pick to travel to? There's no guarantee that they'll even be there when you arrive as some of what we see today is how things were thousands of years ago. It's a highly enjoyable fantasy, but that's all it will ever be.

Apart from the stresses on the human body accelerating to and decelerating from light speed there is also the small matter of cosmic dust to contend with. Hitting even the tiniest amount would destroy any space craft.
What if they are a billion years ahead of us with technology, which is very possible.

So aliens more than likely do exist then.
I also didn't believe aliens have visited Earth at any point in history until I looked closely at credible sighting, I know millions of ufo/alien sighting are bullshit but the credible ones really made me take notice and research it further and the result of that research makes me believe aliens do exist and they are closer than people think. I do not know this for a fact but its what I believe. Its always important to have a sceptical mind and that trumps everything including my belief but you don't know the truth anymore than I do.

More than likely there is life elsewhere, yes. Whether there's intelligent life elsewhere is less likely but still probable IMO. Whether intelligent life is aware of us is less likely again but still possible. Whether intelligent life has visited us is extremely unlikely.

You are correct in that I don't know the truth anymore than you do, but I'm a scientific type (or sceptic if you prefer that title). I start with a blank slate, and if someone wants to write "something is a fact" on my blank slate (whatever that something might be) then I want to see proper evidence that can't be refuted, otherwise my slate stays blank.

When Stephen Hawking himself says that he dismissed the idea that any UFO seen from Earth has alien origins, and he's actively worked intensively with SETI, then I would expect any evidence to contradict him should need to be pretty water-tight for me to take notice.

What if they are a billion years ahead of us with technology, which is very possible.
Of course, but we have only been leaking radio transmission for 100 years so if it can be detected then we might be of interest to them. Other wise why would they bother looking here. And if the nearest intelligent life is more than 100 light years away then our first transmissions will not have go there yet.

Of course, but we have only been leaking radio transmission for 100 years so if it can be detected then we might be of interest to them. Other wise why would they bother looking here. And if the nearest intelligent life is more than 100 light years away then our first transmissions will not have go there yet.
Its widely reported in the tin foil crackpot community that its the nukes we have been setting off, probably something to do with splitting the atom, look it up.

Its widely reported in the tin foil crackpot community that its the nukes we have been setting off, probably something to do with splitting the atom, look it up.

It would still take years for evidence of that to reach our nearest neighbouring systems.

Have you not seen Contact?

It would still take years for evidence of that to reach our nearest neighbouring systems.

Have you not seen Contact?
Depends what the universe is made of marra, and need to take into account, the capability of sensors in 1 million years time.

Depends what the universe is made of marra, and need to take into account, the capability of sensors in 1 million years time.

It doesn't. It depends on the speed the information can travel. You could have the best sensors in the universe and they won't pick something up that hasn't reached them yet.

It doesn't. It depends on the speed the information can travel. You could have the best sensors in the universe and they won't pick something up that hasn't reached them yet.
Its a question of evolution though.

More than likely there is life elsewhere, yes. Whether there's intelligent life elsewhere is less likely but still probable IMO. Whether intelligent life is aware of us is less likely again but still possible. Whether intelligent life has visited us is extremely unlikely.

You are correct in that I don't know the truth anymore than you do, but I'm a scientific type (or sceptic if you prefer that title). I start with a blank slate, and if someone wants to write "something is a fact" on my blank slate (whatever that something might be) then I want to see proper evidence that can't be refuted, otherwise my slate stays blank.

When Stephen Hawking himself says that he dismissed the idea that any UFO seen from Earth has alien origins, and he's actively worked intensively with SETI, then I would expect any evidence to contradict him should need to be pretty water-tight for me to take notice.

What do you base this on?

In what way?
past present and future

Your maths are quite correct from a certain perspective. Have you ever thought of the highest number though? Its infinity. Maths can be mind boggling for most people. Top scientists have done equations that suggests ETs do exist and that's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you could travel at the speed of light or close to it, it would take years to reach the nearest star, some thousands. So which star do you pick to travel to? There's no guarantee that they'll even be there when you arrive as some of what we see today is how things were thousands of years ago. It's a highly enjoyable fantasy, but that's all it will ever be.

Apart from the stresses on the human body accelerating to and decelerating from light speed there is also the small matter of cosmic dust to contend with. Hitting even the tiniest amount would destroy any space craft.
I don't think it will be travel like we know it but immediate transportation/Teleportation, bending of space and time or something we could not fathom, that is beyond our current understanding of physics? I could be wrong but we cannot predict what technology and it's advancement will be in centuries time?

I don't think it will be travel like we know it but immediate transportation/Teleportation, bending of space and time or something we could not fathom, that is beyond our current understanding of physics? I could be wrong but we cannot predict what technology and it's advancement will be in centuries time?
if this possible travelling through worm holes.. bending space and time these aliens are also going forwards or backwards in time,, not sure which.. so when they arrive their either not born or dead..

if this possible travelling through worm holes.. bending space and time these aliens are also going forwards or backwards in time,, not sure which.. so when they arrive their either not born or dead..
That's a very good point marra.

Back