Do people still use a greengrocer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes.

Much better value and fresher than supermarkets.
Bit of a myth them being fresher than supermarkets. Supermarkets source their fruit and veg direct from farms and usually have strict quality standards. High street independents usually (not always) will go through wholesalers.

What if they work neets?
Heard all these arguments before mate.The top and bottom of it is that a large % of immigrants keep their curtains closed 24hrs a day.A walk down st Marks rd or Eden vale/Millfield to see the evidence .Have a look on google st view

I do nowadays. Always go in Grainger Market for me veg. Reason being is cost. Some of the stuff they’re practically giving it away. Yesterday I got...

6 Blood Oranges for £1
7 Avocados for £1
4 Punnets on blueberry for £1
4 punnets of blackberries for £1

Miles cheaper than the supermarkets.
That is insanely cheap. A great price on the blueberries/blackberries here would be $2 (£1) a punnet. Not sure about oranges but £1 for 7 avocados :eek:

Bit of a myth them being fresher than supermarkets. Supermarkets source their fruit and veg direct from farms and usually have strict quality standards. High street independents usually (not always) will go through wholesalers.
Hutchies do a service to the locals but they do buy/sell class 2 produce, that’s why their prices are so keen, still wouldn’t put me off buying their gear though.

Heard all these arguments before mate.The top and bottom of it is that a large % of immigrants keep their curtains closed 24hrs a day.A walk down st Marks rd or Eden vale/Millfield to see the evidence .Have a look on google st view
I hate that. You’re right.
That is insanely cheap. A great price on the blueberries/blackberries here would be $2 (£1) a punnet. Not sure about oranges but £1 for 7 avocados :eek:
They’re about £3 for one in Tesco. Avocados would be no good for supermarkets. They’re all different sizes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back