Do people still use a greengrocer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do nowadays. Always go in Grainger Market for me veg. Reason being is cost. Some of the stuff they’re practically giving it away. Yesterday I got...

6 Blood Oranges for £1
7 Avocados for £1
4 Punnets on blueberry for £1
4 punnets of blackberries for £1

Miles cheaper than the supermarkets.
We drive twenty minutes to Spain to go the market Sunday morning cheap as compared to a French supermarket. Remember when Stan Blakey and his hoss Jessie brought veg to your door for next to nowt.

I do nowadays. Always go in Grainger Market for me veg. Reason being is cost. Some of the stuff they’re practically giving it away. Yesterday I got...

6 Blood Oranges for £1
7 Avocados for £1
4 Punnets on blueberry for £1
4 punnets of blackberries for £1

Miles cheaper than the supermarkets.

Seems a bit too cheap, did each punnet have 4 blueberries in?

Definitely - I use Ely Market Every week for vegetables, fruit, bread, fish and venison. Other meats from local village butcher.

I’m extremely passionate about supporting local businesses. I use local milk delivery, coal, logs, car servicing, trades (plumbers, sparkies, about to have windows replaced) and of course my local pub.

aye. Ashburton village greengrocers in Gosforth.

Big selection of different types of spuds and are much better than you get at Asda etc.

Was it Hutchies? 7 avocados for a quid. You were ripped off. Grainger market is a cracking place. Some great places to eat and places Nanas can get wool.
Have you been to the tapas? It’s really, really good. Their Patatas Bravas is the best I’ve had. They don’t have a big menu but what they do is pretty near perfect.
4 punnets of blueberries for a £1? Were they selling them off as near sell by?
Nah they always have them. I always get them and make me own cordials
Seems a bit too cheap, did each punnet have 4 blueberries in?
Nah just your normal little punnets from supermarkets. Always have them.

Last edited:
Tried buying things like raspberries and strawberries from one of the ones in the town (the stall outside Wilkinson’s) because they were loads cheaper than the supermarket, they were shite.

Always use them
One in sea road is good and much cheaper than supermarket
Agree about the grainger market some great cheap fruit and veg in there too
Thorburns in jw market sells a great range too although must be depressing work in there all day no wonder the lasses on the till are miserable
Parkers sell cracking langoustines about £4 Ib
Like ibbotsins ham and the little quiches are good too but pastry is sometimes a bit hard though o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back