DNECL - Durham & North East Cricket League 2021

In the NYSD, 2 seasons ago Darlington finished in a relegation spot in the Premier league. Their 2nds finished 3rd in the division below.
1sts were relegated and so were the 2nds. NYSD do not allow 1sts and 2nds in same league.
Wasnt aware of that. Something I think I’ll bring up for us then as Durham City could be impacted this year.

Wasnt aware of that. Something I think I’ll bring up for us then as Durham City could be impacted this year.
Why would Durham City be impacted ? 1st finished 6th in Division 1, so not relegated ?
2nd team finished 2nd in Division 3, so promoted into Division 2 ?
Still in separate leagues.

Why would Durham City be impacted ? 1st finished 6th in Division 1, so not relegated ?
2nd team finished 2nd in Division 3, so promoted into Division 2 ?
Still in separate leagues.
Think he means next year mate If Durham City 1st X1 are relegated .🤔 Probably thinking ahead to cover scenarios

Think he means next year mate If Durham City 1st X1 are relegated .🤔 Probably thinking ahead to cover scenarios
Correct. If Durham City seconds win league or first finish in bottom two what would it mean, we have rules to cover it but will need a review

I like the idea of the stronger 2nd teams playing against 1st team opposition, and the reverse, weaker 1st teams playing against some 2nd teams.
This way all teams (1st and 2nds) find their own level.
Agree with the NYSD, that 1st and 2nd teams from the same club should not be in the same division as this could lead to abuse, or "perceived" abuse.
If one team needs a win, to win the league,or to avoid relegation, and they play each other ??

Back