DNECL - Durham & North East Cricket League 2021

ac arundez

Central Defender
Shaping up to be a corker of a season after some shock results in Division 1 and 2 yesterday!

Still have Brandon down as favourites for Div 1 personally but a brilliant win for Esh on Saturday. Seaham Park failed to capitalise too and they went down to a big defeat at Marsden which would’ve been probably the shock result of the day. Wide open now.

Division 4 is shaping up to be competitive. With East Rainton, Coundon, Ryhope and Belmont all vying for the title. Turning into a good competitive division.

It’s a shame but no real surprise.

Do a bit of work over in Horden and there’s a lot of deprivation and a lot of ‘evacuees’ over there, tend to get the feeling that has contributed to the general disinterest in cricket and in community amongst the people now living there.
Lived there 33 years was great place to live, play sport and night out,community spirited and great cricket club.

Very different now by all accounts

As it stands in the D&NECL

Div 1
Promotion - Seaham Park, Esh Winning, South Shields.
Relegation - Ushaw Moor, Bill Quay

Div 2
Promotion - Seaham Harbour, Ryhope
Relegation - Horden Silksworth

Div 3
Promotion - Langely Park, Durham City, Wearmouth
Relegation - Marsden, Tudhoe

Div 4
Promotion - East Rainton, Ryhope
Relegation - Ushaw Moor (Horden resigned)

Div 5
Promotion - Seaham Harbour, Dawdon, Hunwick
Relegation - East Rainton, Kibblesworth

Div 6
Promotion - Brandon, Mainsforth
No Relegation

That the teams occupying those berths at the moment (or close) still lots to play for!

What happened to their old ground, I take it its still being used for some purpose. It had a canny bar and facilities last time I was in.

The bar owner also owned the ground (I think) and has very little interest in cricket. He runs another bar on a cricket ground that no longer has cricket on it too.

Back