DNECL 2022

If a 17 year old is making 50 for the Academy, then he has already progressed as required.
If someone takes 55 overs to do it, then he’s obviously not what Durham are looking for, though you would have to admire their concentration

I agree that the Academy should be made to face relegation if they finish in a relegation spot
Not sure why anybody would admire anyone scoring 50 of 55 overs in a competitive limited over cricket match, quite the opposite.

Personally if that did happen what can’t imagine it would I would call it entirely selfish

Last edited:

Not sure why anybody would admire anyone scoring 50 of 55 overs in a competitive limited over cricket match, quite the opposite.

Personally if that did happen what can’t imagine it would I would call it entirely selfish
I’ve clearly said it wouldn’t be something Durham or any team would want.
What I said was admirable was somebody being able to concentrate for 55 overs

Depends on the match situation though .If a young un of 16/17 yrs old is batting for a 'weak' side against one of the top dogs and the top order are out then it would be very commendable.If you can't win then try not to lose.He could be up against an overseas pro and a "Durham" bowler.Even more special if the wicket's doing tricks.Different story if a TSL or DNECL game with set overs .

I’ve clearly said it wouldn’t be something Durham or any team would want.
What I said was admirable was somebody being able to concentrate for 55 overs
Fair enough mate, just making the point it’s only admirable if the game situation dictates that.

It’s selfish batting if it doesn’t imo and can’t imagine any situation ( apart from above ) why it would be admirable to do that playing in a local league where games are limited overs

Last edited:
Back to the original topic.I've noticed in the NEDCL fixtures for the upcoming season that Kimblesworth have only one team which is in Division 5 and that Kibblesworth seem to have none 🤔 Good to see Tantobie still continuing and Langley Park in Division 2 .

Back to the original topic.I've noticed in the NEDCL fixtures for the upcoming season that Kimblesworth have only one team which is in Division 5 and that Kibblesworth seem to have none 🤔 Good to see Tantobie still continuing and Langley Park in Division 2 .

Kimblesworth have only had one team in the league for the last few seasons iirc.

They’d rather be flat track bullies probably.
They don't have the players to do that anymore. Their two sunday teams are made up of an asian team which prefer a sunday and the other team is made up of some youngsters with a requirememt of some of there first team to play to make sure they get 11

Kibblesworth folded.

Big shame.Back in their NWD League days they were always competitive with a good junior side . Mostly with local lads .Ex Crook Town FC legend with 4 Amateur Cup wins was the supremo as well as turning out at a canny age for the Seconds.The Wilson brothers were good craic and it was a canny tea. Sad sign of the times

Bit harsh

Agreed, we’ve all aged somewhat at the end of the day. Karl’s a good lad, loads of talent too. Sad to hear he’s not playing, grew up in same age group representative sides as him and always an asset to any side he’s in. Lovely family too. His Mam did the best teas I’ve ever had outstanding at Boldon CA back in the day.

Agreed, we’ve all aged somewhat at the end of the day. Karl’s a good lad, loads of talent too. Sad to hear he’s not playing, grew up in same age group representative sides as him and always an asset to any side he’s in. Lovely family too. His Mam did the best teas I’ve ever had outstanding at Boldon CA back in the day.
I know him mate alls well haha. Teas were insane weren't they

My da played for Boldon 2s back in the day. Used to love them teas as a kid. Probably contributed to my gut as an adult 😂😂

Probably the best teas I’ve ever seen.

Back