DNECL 2022

Heard today, from a reliable source, that Dawdon are considering only entering one team in DNECL for this season.
I did a bat refurb for one of their lads back end of last season and he was saying they were looking to add a Sunday 3rds team for this season. Wouldn’t make sense to do that and drop 2nd team.

I did a bat refurb for one of their lads back end of last season and he was saying they were looking to add a Sunday 3rds team for this season. Wouldn’t make sense to do that and drop 2nd team.
South Hetton, a few years ago dropped out of the NEPL because they could not put out 2 teams on a Saturday. They did retain their Sunday 3rds and were allowed to play in the NEPL Sunday league.

Definetly entered the Hetton Lyons Sunday league. Be surprised if they folded twos though. Were a strong side last year.

As long as it's used as a 'development' league.

It gets spolit when ultra competitive teams like Newcastle City use it to wrack up 300+ by hammering juniors to all corners of the field
Agree to a certain extent, could be argued playing against better and older players will help the younger players develop.

Agree to a certain extent, could be argued playing against better and older players will help the younger players develop.
I faced some very decent bowling last year in division 2 of the hetton lyons league -certainly better than a lot of what i faced in the durham league at second team level. These were young lads who will probably be playing first team or very close to it. Good amounts of swing and some very well directed bouncers.

Slightly off topic but the match referee in the India v Windies ODI is Manu Nayyar.I'm sure he was a professional in the local leagues,maybe the County League in 80's/90's 🤔 .Anyone else recognise the name ?

Slightly off topic but the match referee in the India v Windies ODI is Manu Nayyar.I'm sure he was a professional in the local leagues,maybe the County League in 80's/90's 🤔 .Anyone else recognise the name ?
Not heard of that name but there was a Suru Nayak who played for a few clubs at that time. Crook, Reyrolles and Philadelphia to name 3.

Back