Disney world Florida

There's a MIllers walking distance from Disney Springs, canny place. Not sure about any others though. Irish pub *in* Disney Springs is nice, but obviously isn't cheap.
There's a Denny's, iHop, Olive Garden along the way too for scran other days

Massive shame they closed all the places at the Crossways or whatever it was called. Decent pizza place, Red Lobster, Perkins etc - was canny having all that on the doorstep
There’s loads of places near the Ale House. Olive Garden, Chillis etc.

If you get down near the premium outlets there Longhorns, Bahama Breeze, Cheesecake Factory, etc

You need to check exactly where the hotels are that claim to be in Lake Buena Vista, it’s a big area and some of them are certainly NOT within walking distance of anywhere.
Free dining packages are out too if you want to compare too.
Very doubtful that this will save you money, especially compared to staying off Disney.
There loads of people on YouTube comparing the Dining Plan and paying cash.

Last edited:

Very doubtful that this will save you money, especially compared to staying off Disney.
There loads of people on YouTube comparing the Dining Plan and paying cash.

Free dining can save a canny bit. Paying for dining is a waste of money.

You can't beat staying on-site on the free dining plan if you have kids and they like character dining etc.

What hotel are you stopping at? I was just on checking prices earlier today as today is exactly a year from when we will be checking out, so prices are just coming online.

Was planning the Drury, as it has free breakfast, free afternoon tea with drinks (alcoholic too) and no resort fee - and of course those free shuttle busses every 30 mins, which is absolute gold. But the pricing is crackers as it stands
Rosen LBV we’ve stayed in the one at point a few time before so went with familiarity.
Do the lynx buses still run to Disney transport place ?

Last edited:
Free dining can save a canny bit. Paying for dining is a waste of money.

You can't beat staying on-site on the free dining plan if you have kids and they like character dining etc.
It’s not free though. They’ve just put the prices up compared to a couple of weeks ago. You are paying for it.
The rules have changed as well, so be careful about kids offers. They have to eat from the kids menu which may not be enough for bigger children.

Free dining packages are out too if you want to compare too.
When I checked, the weeks we are going were blackout dates (Easter)
You need to check exactly where the hotels are that claim to be in Lake Buena Vista, it’s a big area and some of them are certainly NOT within walking distance of anywhere.
For me, only the Hotel Plaza Bvd hotels make sense, as those are the ones that have the free Disney hopper busses that run on a continous loop.

Do the lynx buses still run to Disney transport place ?
The Lynx buses are different to the free Disney ones (and I say "Disney" ones because they are, but they are not badged as Disney like the ones you get from Disney Springs - the Hotel Plaza Bvd hotels are somehow on Disney land and partially count as "on-Property" - its a bit odd, aye)

Last edited:
When I checked, the weeks we are going were blackout dates (Easter)

For me, only the Hotel Plaza Bvd hotels make sense, as those are the ones that have the free Disney hopper busses that run on a continous loop.

The Lynx buses are different to the free Disney ones (and I say "Disney" ones because they are, but they are not badged as Disney like the ones you get from Disney Springs - the Hotel Plaza Bvd hotels are somehow on Disney land and partially count as "on-Property" - its a bit odd, aye)
Oh aye I knar. We used to walk from I drive to sea world then jump lynx to tcc then use the Disney buses to get about. Then lynx bus back.

It’s not free though. They’ve just put the prices up compared to a couple of weeks ago. You are paying for it.
The rules have changed as well, so be careful about kids offers. They have to eat from the kids menu which may not be enough for bigger children.

It was free last time I was there. My kids were small, but I think they could order whatever from the QS at that point.

Cheers. Just order once get off plane? We have no hold luggage.
most places in the states tend to have Ride Share pickups well signposted these days.
Not like when we used them 6 or so years ago, and you'd have to figure out where the car was coming, which was a bit annoying

Still trying to book our holiday for next year. Flights dont seem to have been released yet, and the hotel for the weeks we want to go are suspiciously sparsely available compared to the week before and after.

Back