Disney have ruined STAR WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind they brought in Ron Howard, who has made maybe three good films in fifteen years, after sacking the lads they originally had lined up, who’ve yet to make a bad film. Because there were too many funny lines in the film the way they were doing it. I know, right. Imagine Han Solo being some kind of wisecracking character who says the occasional witty one liner.

:lol: Screwed and pooch come to mind mate. They do have precedent for this, and in fairness I suppose it has worked in the past with Marvel, but fuck me Ron Howard is the epitome of blah.

agree with what most have said , film for kids and blokes who still live at home with their mams or cross dress on the side... and as for Disney FFS man.. utter shite , surprised they don't have the hero in a wheelchair just to tick another box
Shoulda seen the clip of the whopper in the row in front of me with his blue lightsaber man. :rolleyes: :lol:

And bang on.

Bear in mind they brought in Ron Howard, who has made maybe three good films in fifteen years, after sacking the lads they originally had lined up, who’ve yet to make a bad film. Because there were too many funny lines in the film the way they were doing it. I know, right. Imagine Han Solo being some kind of wisecracking character who says the occasional witty one liner.
Well that sort of flies in the face of what they've tried to do with TLJ 'cos it's jam packed full of corny gags. Unless of course in Disney's galaxy it's only black men and old people that crack wise.

Last edited:
They've pretty much all been gash. Nostalgia is the main thing sustaining its popularity these days, like nerdy parents with fond memories of the originals forcing their kids along with them to watch the new ones.

Empire is the only SW film that has been good IMO.

There's been a few that are ok and a few worse than that.

I like Rogue One. This is Disney's take on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

A lad at work said he went to see it so I asked him "who won, the bad guys or the good guys ?".
He replied "do you really want me to tell you and spoil it ?".
Kids these days don't get sarcasm.

They've pretty much all been gash. Nostalgia is the main thing sustaining its popularity these days, like nerdy parents with fond memories of the originals forcing their kids along with them to watch the new ones.

I know lads in their 40's and 50's who refer to the films as Episode 3 and Episode 6..etc..just say the name ffs..to me Episode 3 would be the 3rd film..apparently not like.

F@ck u lot, i really enjoyed it. Far better than any of the prequils, and disney are doung a great job of extending the series

From that link, for anyone who's seen the film I doubt they could find fault with this review... http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454564/star-wars-last-jedi-unoriginal-tone-deaf-mess

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's full of spoilers so don't read it yet.
Well done that man.

I haven't seen TLJ but that sounds far more believable than the explosive diarrhoea of platitudes coming from every other reviewer.

Never underestimate the power of PR departments.

They literally bribe reviewers with meals, days out, merchandise, competitions, preview tickets and use the threat of being blacklisted from this land of milk and honey if anyone dares to slate their cash cow.

Well, yeah. The rot started to set in with the f***ing teddy bears who detracted from another otherwise good third part of the original trilogy. Said teddy bears got their own spin off film ffs. Then the prequels, Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Personally thought Force Awakens was canny but not earth shattering, Rogue One was a bit poor. Not in a rush to see Last Jedi but hard to see what Disney could do, short of shitting in Darth Vader's helmet and making Mark Hamill wear it, that would ruin something that featured so much Hayden f***ing Christensen before now
The prequels may have been poorly executed in a number of aspects, but at least the narrative was there. The most interesting aspects of the story in the latest two (that weren't simply complete rehashes of the original trilogy) have now been resolved in the most underwhelming manner imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back