Disney have ruined STAR WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar empire and the first one it's all shite anyway. Daft boring crap for bairns, nerds and perverts thats being milked to fuck. Eight films and counting to tell the story of some bloke in a big black helmet, a few ewoks and a robot puff ffs
This. I used to love it as a kid, but if you're still into it as an adult then you're a bit sad.

Hard to argue against this tbf

As soon as I saw the incredibly positive reviews I knew they were blowing smoke up our arses.

The original Star Wars was universally panned by critics

They obviously weren't kids under 10 year old, which are, or should be the target audience.

Aye. And if this was crap they'd say so. The idea they are all saying they like it because Disney are powerful is shite.
Fair enough. I'm not bothered what they say. It's crap.

The fact Mark Hamill is now expressing his disappointment at Disney rejecting Lucas's ideas and story treatment for Episodes VII, VIII and IX says it all really. There's a better story out there but what we're getting is Disney's vision of when you wish upon a star you can grow up and be a hero no matter what your sex, ethnicity or background is - just as long as it's not a white male 'cos they can be nob heads. And that's quite sad really.

Was ruined long before Disney got it.

Well, yeah. The rot started to set in with the f***ing teddy bears who detracted from another otherwise good third part of the original trilogy. Said teddy bears got their own spin off film ffs. Then the prequels, Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Personally thought Force Awakens was canny but not earth shattering, Rogue One was a bit poor. Not in a rush to see Last Jedi but hard to see what Disney could do, short of shitting in Darth Vader's helmet and making Mark Hamill wear it, that would ruin something that featured so much Hayden f***ing Christensen before now

Aye. And if this was crap they'd say so. The idea they are all saying they like it because Disney are powerful is shite.
It's going to score high on review sites no matter what. Just look at all the pansies on Facebook (and on here) drooling about it before it's even out.

It's just popular to say you like it. Same as Harry Potter etc. It's socially acceptable to say these things are brilliant.

Think about your average internet moron member of the public, are they really going to give a critical review of something so popular when narcissism rules online these days? No. They are going to wank themselves silly over it no matter how shite it is.

Well, yeah. The rot started to set in with the f***ing teddy bears who detracted from another otherwise good third part of the original trilogy. Said teddy bears got their own spin off film ffs. Then the prequels, Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Personally thought Force Awakens was canny but not earth shattering, Rogue One was a bit poor. Not in a rush to see Last Jedi but hard to see what Disney could do, short of shitting in Darth Vader's helmet and making Mark Hamill wear it, that would ruin something that featured so much Hayden f***ing Christensen before now

f***ing ewoks :evil:

That Han solo film has car crash written all over it anarl. Ron Howard FFS

Star wars is for f***ing nerd sad sacks.... Grow up.

Now if you don't mind I'm busy dressing up as an Orc for my weekly live action roleplay meet up.

Car crash? Flies a ship space doesn't he?

Bear in mind they brought in Ron Howard, who has made maybe three good films in fifteen years, after sacking the lads they originally had lined up, who’ve yet to make a bad film. Because there were too many funny lines in the film the way they were doing it. I know, right. Imagine Han Solo being some kind of wisecracking character who says the occasional witty one liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back