`Disgrace to uniform´ policeman jailed for 26 years over drugs stolen from force

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brother of an ex of mine finally got accepted into the NYPD (the real one, not the one based on Tyneside) and the next time I saw her, she proudly showed off her "Friend of the Police Officer Benevolent Fund" (or somesuch) which she kept in the window pocket of her purse where folk normally keep their ID/driver's License. The logic being that if you're ever stopped then the officer will 'accidentally' see it, realise you have a relative in the force ... and wave you on your way.

I don't know if she saw the look of horror on my face and I couldn't think of how to politely word my feelings on the matter.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape.

Don't see the argument really, there are bad people in every job. Some tradesmen rip the elderly off, some medical professionals enjoy killing their patients, some truckers enjoy dumping dead prostitutes on highways, some priests like touching kids etc etc
Exactly this.
Obviously (rightly) gets highlighted more when it's the likes of a copper , surgeon etc... but it's a fact of life that there IS good n bad in all walks of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back