Devestating news. People who have pretend jobs aren't earning money

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, people already think this way!

And when every 14 year old decides to fuck school off and go and do this? Their career aspiration is to start getting Insta followers, or whoring out on cam sites until they are popular enough to get a "gig". Its a dystopian nightmare. But its happening, right now.
What is happening right now? Every 14 year old is f***ing off school to become an instagram influencer? I think you are exaggerating a bit. Some will do it and make it some will try it and not make it. Much like most things in life.

Another reason in addition to what I've already said - the world is awash with marketing. Its everywhere, and now its taken over social media - which was about connecting people - its all about people pushing brands on other people, they've killed social media and turned it into one big advert.

And they've slipped it into normal life - yet more marketing, to young people, influencing not just what people will want to buy, but also with what people want to do with their lives.
They make it seem so amazing, "get paid loads of money to go to parties and have fun". Its very enticing to young minds who can't see through it. The social media element is dangerous as it opens the platform to everyone - there's no bar to get over in order to get involved. Thousands of people are wasting their lives already thinking they're going to make it - and they won't. And they'll lose years of their formative years on this.

You're not wrong there mind.
However it's a perfect platform for business, you cannot blame them.

Reactions: PTR
:)
Knew that would come up.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed at the final piece that I wrote. This drive towards brands and the encouragement to spend money on pointless luxury instead of building a better life for yourself is what frustrates me.
We live in a country that relies on foodbanks, and an underfunded NHS, yet there's people being paid a grand to go a party holding a particular bag.
Its not the person's fault - is the system at blame for facilitating this insanity. These brands need to pull their weight and contribute to society, instead of just taking for themselves.
Entirely agree. Excellent post.

Coronavirus: Influencers' glossy lifestyles lose their shine

"Israel Cassol - better known as Birkin Boy for his collection of designer handbags worth over £100,000 - is paid hundreds of pounds to attend events and feature brands on his Instagram account. Now he says he has to borrow money from his father to make ends meet. "
His "job" is to take a handbag with him to an event. Get fucked pal

Karen Beddow left her job as a lawyer four years ago to run her family travel blog, Mini Travellers.
This month she's made just £350, down 95% from January.

You had a job, that would have paid your income. Instead, you went down a easier, riskier route. Unlucky

"On Twitter, countless bloggers have posted links to donation platforms on social media, asking people to buy them gifts or send money to #spreadkindness. "
Un-f***ing-lucky. Your pretend job doesn't really exist.

Tabby Warley is a part-time Instagrammer who has been furloughed from her day job in retail. She would have expected to earn around £5,000 through brand partnerships in the coming months but has seen a slowdown in business.
"I'm very lucky that my Instagram is a supplementary income that I'm saving for a house deposit one day," she says. "Obviously clothing retailers have shut down; a couple have gone into administration that I usually work with.
"In the pre-corona world, the trend was for businesses to throw money at influencer marketing..."

The world has gone mad. When will we see that all of these brands are just extracting money from people. Clearly, there's a group of people who simply have too much money and can waste it on vast arrays of luxury goods to the point these brands are making a fortune, and literally throwing cash at people - fuck those people, tax them and get that money into our public services rather than into the pockets of billionaires. Then you have normal people who feel obligated into spending what little money they have, taking out loans to buy £5,000 handbags that are made of £20 of leather and 10minutes time from 13 year old in a Chinese sweatshop.

This culture we live in absolutely disgusts me.
⬆ Dreams of marrying Zoella ⬆

:)
Knew that would come up.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed at the final piece that I wrote. This drive towards brands and the encouragement to spend money on pointless luxury instead of building a better life for yourself is what frustrates me.
We live in a country that relies on foodbanks, and an underfunded NHS, yet there's people being paid a grand to go a party holding a particular bag.
Its not the person's fault - is the system at blame for facilitating this insanity. These brands need to pull their weight and contribute to society, instead of just taking for themselves.

To be honest I'm not super bothered about this. There are people currently "managing" IT projects and "working" in HR who would be causing me a lot less bother if they would only fuck off and get a job looking at handbags

I don't understand why any hotel owner would agree to some no-mark who rocks up and asks for a free overnight stay because they're an 'influencer'. Are people genuinely that f***ing stupid?

I generally agree with you as they seem to hand out free nights to anyone with even a small following however it does make sense for them to do so for influencers with a large number of followers.

And when every 14 year old decides to fuck school off and go and do this? Their career aspiration is to start getting Insta followers, or whoring out on cam sites until they are popular enough to get a "gig". Its a dystopian nightmare. But its happening, right now.
When I went to school there were dozens of girls who wanted to be models. It’s no different.

You're not wrong there mind.
However it's a perfect platform for business, you cannot blame them.
It's very easy to short circuit all the influencers. You just don't follow them. I follow and allow myself to be followed by about 70-80 people who I know, no businesses (other than the company I do a Real Job for), no celebrities and no influencers. I couldn't imagine visiting a platform only to have to scroll through pouting bints hawking shit and celebrities bring vain to find a post by someone I actually know.

All that's left are a few ads based on what I search and click. Mostly booze for delivery right now. Facebook is pretty bad for ads and suggested content, Instagram is for now still tolerable.

When I was 14 we all wanted to be pop stars.

We’re not all pop stars.

Don’t worry about it.

It's very easy to short circuit all the influencers. You just don't follow them. I follow and allow myself to be followed by about 70-80 people who I know, no businesses (other than the company I do a Real Job for), no celebrities and no influencers. I couldn't imagine visiting a platform only to have to scroll through pouting bints hawking shit and celebrities bring vain to find a post by someone I actually know.

All that's left are a few ads based on what I search and click. Mostly booze for delivery right now. Facebook is pretty bad for ads and suggested content, Instagram is for now still tolerable.

Isn't that where it started to go wrong, it took it to a new level?

Isn't that where it started to go wrong, it took it to a new level?
It had to be this way as it had to earn money at some point. Wasn't Facebook worth billions before it made any profit? It will all burn itself out when enough people get sick of it and move on, Facebook Inc just needs to milk it for as long as it possibly can.

I am just waiting for the day they try to really milk WhatsApp for revenue. The day will come and everyone will stop using it. I am fairly sure their AI profiles users and their messaging for advertising on their other platforms without overtly advertising at you in WhatsApp. They claim they don't.

Last edited:
It had to be this way as it had to earn money at some point. Wasn't Facebook worth billions before it made any profit? It will all burn itself out when enough people get sick of it and move on, Facebook Inc just needs to milk it for as long as it possibly can.

I am just waiting for the day they try to really milk WhatsApp for revenue. The day will come and everyone will stop using it. I am fairly sure their AI profiles users and their messaging for advertising on their other platforms without overtly advertising at you in WhatsApp. They claim they don't.

The WhatsApp stuff is coming soon, or at least was until the Corona business.

But Facebook already own and use the data from it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back