Devestating news. People who have pretend jobs aren't earning money

PTR

Striker
Coronavirus: Influencers' glossy lifestyles lose their shine

"Israel Cassol - better known as Birkin Boy for his collection of designer handbags worth over £100,000 - is paid hundreds of pounds to attend events and feature brands on his Instagram account. Now he says he has to borrow money from his father to make ends meet. "
His "job" is to take a handbag with him to an event. Get fucked pal

Karen Beddow left her job as a lawyer four years ago to run her family travel blog, Mini Travellers.
This month she's made just £350, down 95% from January.

You had a job, that would have paid your income. Instead, you went down a easier, riskier route. Unlucky

"On Twitter, countless bloggers have posted links to donation platforms on social media, asking people to buy them gifts or send money to #spreadkindness. "
Un-f***ing-lucky. Your pretend job doesn't really exist.

Tabby Warley is a part-time Instagrammer who has been furloughed from her day job in retail. She would have expected to earn around £5,000 through brand partnerships in the coming months but has seen a slowdown in business.
"I'm very lucky that my Instagram is a supplementary income that I'm saving for a house deposit one day," she says. "Obviously clothing retailers have shut down; a couple have gone into administration that I usually work with.
"In the pre-corona world, the trend was for businesses to throw money at influencer marketing..."

The world has gone mad. When will we see that all of these brands are just extracting money from people. Clearly, there's a group of people who simply have too much money and can waste it on vast arrays of luxury goods to the point these brands are making a fortune, and literally throwing cash at people - fuck those people, tax them and get that money into our public services rather than into the pockets of billionaires. Then you have normal people who feel obligated into spending what little money they have, taking out loans to buy £5,000 handbags that are made of £20 of leather and 10minutes time from 13 year old in a Chinese sweatshop.

This culture we live in absolutely disgusts me.

Last edited:

Can't imagine being as bitter as the OP. Must be awful being him and being around him.
:)
Knew that would come up.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed at the final piece that I wrote. This drive towards brands and the encouragement to spend money on pointless luxury instead of building a better life for yourself is what frustrates me.
We live in a country that relies on foodbanks, and an underfunded NHS, yet there's people being paid a grand to go a party holding a particular bag.
Its not the person's fault - is the system at blame for facilitating this insanity. These brands need to pull their weight and contribute to society, instead of just taking for themselves.

Last edited:
Are those birds on twitter and insta who post pics of themselves pouting and shit coining it in via only fans or has that gone tits up?

I don’t really get why people get so wound up about influencers. It’s just a different type of marketing.

Companies have always marketed their products. Now, instead of paying billions to marketing companies, they’re paying smaller amounts to individuals, who then benefit directly from it. It’s no big deal. In fact, it’s a wee bit nicer and more personal.

Coronavirus: Influencers' glossy lifestyles lose their shine

"Israel Cassol - better known as Birkin Boy for his collection of designer handbags worth over £100,000 - is paid hundreds of pounds to attend events and feature brands on his Instagram account. Now he says he has to borrow money from his father to make ends meet. "
His "job" is to take a handbag with him to an event. Get fucked pal

Karen Beddow left her job as a lawyer four years ago to run her family travel blog, Mini Travellers.
This month she's made just £350, down 95% from January.

You had a job, that would have paid your income. Instead, you went down a easier, riskier route. Unlucky

"On Twitter, countless bloggers have posted links to donation platforms on social media, asking people to buy them gifts or send money to #spreadkindness. "
Un-f***ing-lucky. Your pretend job doesn't really exist.

Tabby Warley is a part-time Instagrammer who has been furloughed from her day job in retail. She would have expected to earn around £5,000 through brand partnerships in the coming months but has seen a slowdown in business.
"I'm very lucky that my Instagram is a supplementary income that I'm saving for a house deposit one day," she says. "Obviously clothing retailers have shut down; a couple have gone into administration that I usually work with.
"In the pre-corona world, the trend was for businesses to throw money at influencer marketing..."

The world has gone mad. When will we see that all of these brands are just extracting money from people. Clearly, there's a group of people who simply have too much money and can waste it on vast arrays of luxury goods to the point these brands are making a fortune, and literally throwing cash at people - fuck those people, tax them and get that money into our public services rather than into the pockets of billionaires. Then you have normal people who feel obligated into spending what little money they have, taking out loans to buy £5,000 handbags that are made of £20 of leather and 10minutes time from 13 year old in a Chinese sweatshop.

This culture we live in absolutely disgusts me.
No idea why you are so annoyed by this, it's just marketing in a different guise to the traditional model. If anything I would say it's a better model, give a bit to individuals rather than millions to an agency or a traditional 'celebrity'.

I don’t really get why people get so wound up about influencers. It’s just a different type of marketing.

Companies have always marketed their products. Now, instead of paying billions to marketing companies, they’re paying smaller amounts to individuals, who then benefit directly from it. It’s no big deal. In fact, it’s a wee bit nicer and more personal.

totally agree, it’s here to stay. The Covid-19 impact isn’t a reflection on it being a bad model. It doesn’t appeal to me or lots of others but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

It's bollocks really though. Why would anyone think 'ooh, ill stop there' just because some young'un has said aye it's great? Blame the people like hotel owners that are taken in by it really.

I don't understand why any hotel owner would agree to some no-mark who rocks up and asks for a free overnight stay because they're an 'influencer'. Are people genuinely that f***ing stupid?
They must - so many owners have posted messages about telling these people to get fucked - so it must be the case that some do actually give things away - otherwise these people wouldn't ask?

They must - so many owners have posted messages about telling these people to get fucked - so it must be the case that some do actually give things away - otherwise these people wouldn't ask?
Crackers, not a f***ing chance I'd hire the 'expertise and influence' of these no marks if I had a business.

No idea why you are so annoyed by this, it's just marketing in a different guise to the traditional model. If anything I would say it's a better model, give a bit to individuals rather than millions to an agency or a traditional 'celebrity'.
I suppose I just don't want my 3 kids to grow up in a world where people aspire to wear a handbag to a party full of rich dickheads as a career, instead of working hard, getting a good education and having a proper life with security and self-determination.

Rather than a job that doesn't really exist, and can end in the click of someone's fingers. Problem is, it looks so easy and enticing, we're risking an entire generation of people who have no interest in a "normal" life.

I suppose I just don't want my 3 kids to grow up in a world where people aspire to wear a handbag to a party full of rich dickheads as a career, instead of working hard, getting a good education and having a proper life with security and self-determination.

Rather than a job that doesn't really exist, and can end in the click of someone's fingers. Problem is, it looks so easy and enticing, we're risking an entire generation of people who have no interest in a "normal" life.
Would you want them to get a marketing degree and work for an ad agency? We have had advertising by celebrities for year for handbags and most other products, not sure why this is different.
I think the world is changing, plenty of people earn a very good living on line in a multitude of different ways, not sure what a 'real' job is now.

Getting paid thousands for going to a party with a bag sounds like a pretty good way to earn a living to me, could easily lead to a great lifestyle.

Another reason in addition to what I've already said - the world is awash with marketing. Its everywhere, and now its taken over social media - which was about connecting people - its all about people pushing brands on other people, they've killed social media and turned it into one big advert.

And they've slipped it into normal life - yet more marketing, to young people, influencing not just what people will want to buy, but also with what people want to do with their lives.
They make it seem so amazing, "get paid loads of money to go to parties and have fun". Its very enticing to young minds who can't see through it. The social media element is dangerous as it opens the platform to everyone - there's no bar to get over in order to get involved. Thousands of people are wasting their lives already thinking they're going to make it - and they won't. And they'll lose years of their formative years on this.

Getting paid thousands for going to a party with a bag sounds like a pretty good way to earn a living to me, could easily lead to a great lifestyle.
See, people already think this way!

And when every 14 year old decides to fuck school off and go and do this? Their career aspiration is to start getting Insta followers, or whoring out on cam sites until they are popular enough to get a "gig". Its a dystopian nightmare. But its happening, right now.

Back