Devestating news. People who have pretend jobs aren't earning money

The thing that baffles me with all this Instagram stuff is all the youngs uns copying what they see just so they can post their own photos doing similar.

Staged photos of clothes, holidays, hotels, bars, cars etc. The wannabees can't be getting it all for free how on earth do they afford it in their early 20s or whatever.

Surely they must be maxed out in debt just for a few likes.

Strikes me that the 'easier' route would be keeping the salaried solid job not going self employed running a digital business but hey ho
Working as full time lawyer is easier than going to a party and making sure to take a photo of the handbag you've been paid to promote, then bragging about it on social media?

I don’t really get why people get so wound up about influencers. It’s just a different type of marketing.

Companies have always marketed their products. Now, instead of paying billions to marketing companies, they’re paying smaller amounts to individuals, who then benefit directly from it. It’s no big deal. In fact, it’s a wee bit nicer and more personal.
I'm 100% with Bill Hicks when it comes to marketing.

"By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing…kill yourself. It’s just a little thought; I’m just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they’ll take root – I don’t know. You try, you do what you can.

(Kill yourself.)

Seriously though, if you are, do.

Aaah, no really. There’s no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan’s little helpers. Okay – kill yourself.

Seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good.

Seriously.

No this is not a joke. You’re [going], “There’s going to be a joke coming.” There’s no f***ing joke coming. You are Satan’s spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are fucked and you are f***ing us. Kill yourself. It’s the only way to save your f***ing soul. Kill yourself

Planting seeds."

I'm 100% with Bill Hicks when it comes to marketing.

"By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing…kill yourself. It’s just a little thought; I’m just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they’ll take root – I don’t know. You try, you do what you can.
(Kill yourself.)
Seriously though, if you are, do.
Aaah, no really. There’s no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan’s little helpers. Okay – kill yourself.
Seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good.
Seriously.
No this is not a joke. You’re [going], “There’s going to be a joke coming.” There’s no f***ing joke coming. You are Satan’s spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are fucked and you are f***ing us. Kill yourself. It’s the only way to save your f***ing soul. Kill yourself
Planting seeds."
I see you're going after the anti-marketing dollar there. Good idea.

God I loved Hicks.

Working as full time lawyer is easier than going to a party and making sure to take a photo of the handbag you've been paid to promote, then bragging about it on social media?
You linked ease and risk. I think it's fairly commendable somebody took what is clearly a risk: ditching being a lawyer and becoming self-employed

I'm also really unsure why you're so gleeful people are losing income. It's generally considered bad news when people lose their jobs & income

You linked ease and risk. I think it's fairly commendable somebody took what is clearly a risk: ditching being a lawyer and becoming self-employed

I'm also really unsure why you're so gleeful people are losing income. It's generally considered bad news when people lose their jobs & income
I've already posted a couple of times to explain more tbh. Its not *really* about that.

Instagram “Influencers”

I don’t know who’s more gullible, them , the supplier or the followers.

Not bothered in the slightest about their business losing turnover , their business model is built on sand and unsustainable.

Welcome to the real world.

this ^^

Coronavirus: Influencers' glossy lifestyles lose their shine

"Israel Cassol - better known as Birkin Boy for his collection of designer handbags worth over £100,000 - is paid hundreds of pounds to attend events and feature brands on his Instagram account. Now he says he has to borrow money from his father to make ends meet. "
His "job" is to take a handbag with him to an event. Get fucked pal

Karen Beddow left her job as a lawyer four years ago to run her family travel blog, Mini Travellers.
This month she's made just £350, down 95% from January.

You had a job, that would have paid your income. Instead, you went down a easier, riskier route. Unlucky

"On Twitter, countless bloggers have posted links to donation platforms on social media, asking people to buy them gifts or send money to #spreadkindness. "
Un-f***ing-lucky. Your pretend job doesn't really exist.

Tabby Warley is a part-time Instagrammer who has been furloughed from her day job in retail. She would have expected to earn around £5,000 through brand partnerships in the coming months but has seen a slowdown in business.
"I'm very lucky that my Instagram is a supplementary income that I'm saving for a house deposit one day," she says. "Obviously clothing retailers have shut down; a couple have gone into administration that I usually work with.
"In the pre-corona world, the trend was for businesses to throw money at influencer marketing..."

The world has gone mad. When will we see that all of these brands are just extracting money from people. Clearly, there's a group of people who simply have too much money and can waste it on vast arrays of luxury goods to the point these brands are making a fortune, and literally throwing cash at people - fuck those people, tax them and get that money into our public services rather than into the pockets of billionaires. Then you have normal people who feel obligated into spending what little money they have, taking out loans to buy £5,000 handbags that are made of £20 of leather and 10minutes time from 13 year old in a Chinese sweatshop.

This culture we live in absolutely disgusts me.
I totally agree with you but I must admit you had me proper howling with your little summaries of these people. Wonderful stuff 😂
Am I missing something vis-a-vis Instagram? My mate asked me to sign up and follow his son that was trying to become ... I dunno, a lad that visits car shows? None of it made any sense to me.
😂

Last edited:
Yes, let's celebrate other peoples misfortune because of a global downturn.
I'm certainly not celebrating but it's not exactly a sound business model. The majority of the 'influencers' would have had to get a proper job eventually. Fair do's some might manage to continue to blag it for a while longer but it's crackers for anyone to call it a career.

Back