Developing safc story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bless! I obviously disagree.
If they were buying the club why would it make a difference they were buying the club? The issue as I can see it is that the DD led to them seeing it wasn’t quite as rosy in the accounts as SD spins so they wanted it for less and he wouldn’t accept it. Whatever the books look like today, as a big unit in league one we need investment for tomorrow and they’ll see through that.

Sloane works for (i dont know if he has shares in)the betting firm at the ground ..the name escapes me!

Reiver has said a lot of things some true and some false ..The yanks would not want to be associated with a recently sacked(for non footballing reasons) england manager so the umbrella man story rings true...I personally think there are several reasons reasons why the takeover did not go through last year and one of them you can firmly lay at the feet of reiver as being the catalyst for its demise!
You honestly think some banter on a football message board scuppered the deal? Interesting.

No not the way you have stated it no!
Without getting personal this time you have a negative spin on literally everything on here. Im all for constructive criticism but Im at a loss how Riv/Smug can be blamed.

You have become a caricature of yourself looking for conspiracies and the bad in everyone to support your negative patter. Honestly lighten up or you will give yourself a heart attack :)

Without getting personal this time you have a negative spin on literally everything on here. Im all for constructive criticism but Im at a loss how Riv/Smug can be blamed.

You have become a caricature of yourself looking for conspiracies and the bad in everyone to support your negative patter. Honestly lighten up or you will give yourself a heart attack :)
Sorry mate but I don't agree with your critique. I take everybody on face value and I assume everybody is being honest and genuine until experience proves otherwise. I have always wanted the best for safc and I like to debate stuff without resorting to abuse.If your after caricature I would ask anyone on here to pop over to n606 and see what smug is saying about the good folk of rtg .

Out of interest, oddbod, what is your reason for attributing some of this to him?

I think he's an arrogant, self-aggrandising prat who takes every opportunity to pretend that anything that happens is in line with a vague grand plan that he's aware of (while simultaneously playing 4d chess and telling us he has no ITK contacts now, which I'm sure will change the next time something happens and he says 'was aware of this the other day but couldn't say publicly'.

But I'm not sure how he can be held responsible for any of this. The business is the reason, it's not actually worth much.

If you are after a job, hanging around Sunderland is not a bad idea. We advertise more manager jobs than cleaners.
If I was an out of work manager up there I’d be at every game in the NE, Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Years ago I was at a wedding where I knew no one but the then Mrs raff. We were at a table and I’d been sat near a then director of a Yorkshire club, he was there under similar circumstances and his Mrs ended up swapping seats during the meal when she got sick of the football talk. Anyway eventually I’d unloaded a few of my running a club theories and he was in full agreement with them.
One of which was that I if a young player I would go to all “our” reserve and youth gamesthat I could and any other local clubs games inc ressies n youths. My club would sort out a tkt so there’d be no hassle etc even accompany a few scouting trips etc. The director reckoned any player doing that would be mentally filed away by owners, boards, dofs, head scouts etc as a future possible employee. As the interest shown by players outside of their own little world is shocking until they turn 30 and reality dawns on them. Fuck what the arseholes in the dressing room have to say.
If he could do that he wouldn't have accepted it or took it out in the 1st place
Not necessarily. At the moment he’s still playing with the bookies money so to speak. If it all goes tits up all he loses is the club, sol and aol and the little money he’s put in so far and not all that +£10m. He obviously thinks it’s worth the risk. Plus the loan buys him time to find other suitors IF the loan terms allow it that is.
If it goes tits up for him I think he’ll get away with minimal losses for the situation.....and hopefully he’ll be a bit wiser next time.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but I don't agree with your critique. I take everybody on face value and I assume everybody is being honest and genuine until experience proves otherwise. I have always wanted the best for safc and I like to debate stuff without resorting to abuse.If your after caricature I would ask anyone on here to pop over to n606 and see what smug is saying about the good folk of rtg .

I'm a long time poster on Not606 and I have never noticed Smug/Reiver slag everyone on this site off. he may have commented about some that have had a very negative take on his posts, but that is surely very understandable considering some of the things said about him.

I'm a long time poster on Not606 and I have never noticed Smug/Reiver slag everyone on this site off. he may have commented about some that have had a very negative take on his posts, but that is surely very understandable considering some of the things said about him.
Aye agreed. He couldn't wait to dig out his 606 account so he could go over and throw abuse at smug. Didn't last long though before he was rightly smited and banned from the board.

Sloane works for (i dont know if he has shares in)the betting firm at the ground ..the name escapes me!

Reiver has said a lot of things some true and some false ..The yanks would not want to be associated with a recently sacked(for non footballing reasons) england manager so the umbrella man story rings true...I personally think there are several reasons reasons why the takeover did not go through last year and one of them you can firmly lay at the feet of reiver as being the catalyst for its demise!
:eek::eek:

Pancho for one!I if you disagree with him your negative...if you point out ..I was going to go on. but it's pointless! Folk if they are bothered can look on 606 and make their own minds up!

Last edited:
Pancho for one!I if you disagree with him your negative...if you point out ..I was going to go on. but it's pointless! Folk if they are bothered can look on 606 and make their own minds up!
You're a bit of a hypocrite TBF. You had a major meltdown when Smug asked you what your RTG callsign was, yet there you are on here asking other posters what their identity is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back