Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

4,7,9. All absolutely fed up and going crazy with lack of sleep etc. We've got a garden which helps but obviously they get bored quick. We try to have days out but then that often can be a chore when youre feeling rubbish anyway.
We've had a real struggle with our kids (7,9). They're sleep has been affected, they bicker, and seem somewhat anxious. With working from home for me and the wife we spend so much time together. I don't know if their behaviour is worse or just that I have less tolerance because we spend so much time together without a decent break. I was so relieved when I knew the schools would reopen in September. Its been really really hard at times

We had the it's not you it's me chat earlier. Don't suppose it's easy being around someone who doesn't seem right for no particular reason

Yep! I suffer from social anxiety and the Mrs thinks im rude when I dont talk to people or seem detached. She just doesnt believe that I cant just push through it.

And our new problem is my daughter is showing signs of being like me.. quiet and not great socially. Mrs tells her off for coming across rude... and then me more understanding how she feels. Causes arguments.

I've struggled with mental health, i was depressed i believe for one year around 10 years ago. I still have battles.

One thing that has changed my life around is running and in particular trail running through nature. If anyone, regardless of fitness or running capability, fancies getting out and running or walking, and just enjoying the outdoors, i'll happily put my hand up to help you get started ...it's saved my life really and I owe it to anyone to do the same for them and show them what i've found.

There is light, 100%

Last edited:
Yep! I suffer from social anxiety and the Mrs thinks im rude when I dont talk to people or seem detached. She just doesnt believe that I cant just push through it.

And our new problem is my daughter is showing signs of being like me.. quiet and not great socially. Mrs tells her off for coming across rude... and then me more understanding how she feels. Causes arguments.
I suffer from anxiety and worry my kids will have it. I've think I've seen more evidence of that over lockdown. The only positive is that I'll talk very openly to them about anxiety whereas my own parents were of the old stoical type

I've struggled with mental health, i was depressed i believe for one year around 10 years ago. I still have battles.

One thing that has changed my life around is running and in particular trail running through nature. If anyone, regardless of fitness or running capability, fancies getting out and running or walking, and just enjoying the outdoors, i'll happily put my hand up to help you get started ...it's saved my life really and I owe it to anyone to do the same for them and show them what i've found.

There is light, 100%
It's hard because I get that it helps but I'm in a lot of pain

Liked, but meant, I know how that feels

Am very similar. Struggle in groups. Work meetings were always a problem. Could manage about up to 3 people. Any more had me on edge

Just mentioned this to her actually. She said it's like I've left the building sometimes

And understand about kids. My eldest daughter is very quiet and sensitive. You do worry.

Am very similar. Struggle in groups. Work meetings were always a problem. Could manage about up to 3 people. Any more had me on edge

Just mentioned this to her actually. She said it's like I've left the building sometimes

And understand about kids. My eldest daughter is very quiet and sensitive. You do worry.

Makes me happy when I know people are similar.. so thanks. Eerily like me... Im great in groups of 2 or 3... any more and I struggle.

There is light, 100%
Agreed... I started 4 years ago with Couch25K and discovered Parkrun then it took off from there... Mental health is also one of my biggest barriers to running as well...stupidly

@daveydavey are you on Strava ?

I'm in a very weird funk right now. I made some important decisions in the last couple of weeks. I've taken decisive action at work and am in the middle of a transition to a different role that is less stressful and allows me to focus more on my mental health. I felt relieved for a few hours but now I just feel empty.

In general I'm struggling to have enthusiasm for anything. I'm not sleeping well and struggle to get out of bed on a morning. If I'm having a good day i shower and might get up to half an hour fresh air. On a bad day, I just sit around in a brain fog all day and wonder how things will ever change.

It's not that I don't understand what I need to do and what habits I need to create to give myself the best opportunity for better health, its just that I feel so exhausted and lacking in energy that I feel unable to physically get through the day.

I'm in a very weird funk right now. I made some important decisions in the last couple of weeks. I've taken decisive action at work and am in the middle of a transition to a different role that is less stressful and allows me to focus more on my mental health. I felt relieved for a few hours but now I just feel empty.

In general I'm struggling to have enthusiasm for anything. I'm not sleeping well and struggle to get out of bed on a morning. If I'm having a good day i shower and might get up to half an hour fresh air. On a bad day, I just sit around in a brain fog all day and wonder how things will ever change.

It's not that I don't understand what I need to do and what habits I need to create to give myself the best opportunity for better health, its just that I feel so exhausted and lacking in energy that I feel unable to physically get through the day.
I'm going away Monday and said IL go watch me brother play golf Tuesday but said I might not feel like it to my fam as I feel my worst physically on a morning they said just don't give in but it's hard when you feel rotten

Do a weekly planner of things you intend to do . A few small things in every day (even if it's just showering and putting fresh clothes on daily ). Start small, as small as you need to to make sure you can do them, make sure you have them diairised to time, do them... on time
Do another planner the week after , do that.
Look back in a month on what you are doing now and what you are doing then .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back