Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quickly 😀😀. For how much it eventually helps though it’s worth it and your body does get used to it. Be prepared for some bad days initially. It can feel f***ing awful but if you’re like me, once it’s in your system in a couple of weeks it really helps.

Good luck mate and pm if you ever need to chat.
Cheers man, appreciated. How long before you noticed a difference?
stick with it through the stomach problems - it works really well for many including me
Thanks marra.

I posted a couple of weeks ago as I'd just started to take Escitalopram for anxiety / depression.
Fortunately I had a week off and just lay on the setee having the darkest thoughts I could ever imagine.
I'm 3 weeks in and things are still tough but not a patch on that first week.
I thought, probably unrealistically, after 2 weeks I'd be a lot better but its all still not great.
I'm eating a bit more and I do have times usually on an evening when I can feel a bit calmer.
Last Friday I felt so Ill my wife dragged me off to see the emergency doctor and he's given me beta blockers - Propranolol and that's helped a bit.

My appetite hasn't returned but I'm managing to eat a bit more although I've lost over a stone.
Sleeping about 4 hours a night and constantly tired.
Mornings are the worst. It takes me a long time to bring the anxiety down with the beta blockers and exercises my counsellor showed me.

I thought I'd be a lot better by now but I'll stick with the tablets.
I'm seeing the doctor next week so we'll hopefully see what's what then.

I really want to be well but I have a great fear I won't be.

Good luck everyone.

I posted a couple of weeks ago as I'd just started to take Escitalopram for anxiety / depression.
Fortunately I had a week off and just lay on the setee having the darkest thoughts I could ever imagine.
I thought, probably unrealistically, after 2 weeks I'd be a lot better but its all still not great.
I'm eating a bit more and I do have times usually on an evening when I can feel a bit calmer.
Last Friday I felt so Ill my wife dragged me off to see the emergency doctor and he's given me beta blockers - Propranolol and that's helped a bit.

My appetite hasn't returned but I'm managing to eat a bit more although I've lost over a stone.
Mornings are the worst. It takes me a long time to bring the anxiety down with the beta blockers and exercises my counsellor showed me.

Good luck everyone.
As I posted previously, some medication, works well for some people, but not for everybody.
See how things work out with your current meds, and give your body a chance to adjust to the meds.
Keep a diary and make notes of how you're feeling each day, while on the prescribed medication.
Keep your gp informed of any adverse reaction, or any positive reaction to the meds.
I also only manage 3 to 4 hours sleep, per night, so can certainly empathise with you, on that score.
Keep posting on here too, because there are some undoubtedly good people on here, who are far better qualified, than I am, to answer any queries, or allay any fears you might have.
Hopefully, you'll soon begin to see some light, at the end of the tunnel.
Very best of luck to you, mate.

Hi all, First time I have posted on this page...I didn't know it existed until someone mentioned it on the football thread a few weeks ago. I suffered from depression and anxiety some years ago (reactive depression following a loss) and struggled for around 3 years. I'm ok now, but with more insight, I do realise this is something I have perhaps been prone too throughout my adult life, although I'm lucky in that it is mostly manageable for me. I'm a female, however I suspect the majority of posters on this website are male. There is a charity in south durham (Shildon/Bishop/Spennymoor area) whose focus is to support males with their mental health and increase awareness. Some people may wish to take a look at the facebook page here ManHealth. (I have nothing to do with this charity am just aware of it and thought others may benefit from things it can provide). I also haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if people are already aware of it.

A good mate of mine set up man health and there's branches throughout the north east. i hope it's of help to anyone who needs it. good luck all.

As I posted previously, some medication, works well for some people, but not for everybody.
See how things work out with your current meds, and give your body a chance to adjust to the meds.
Keep a diary and make notes of how you're feeling each day, while on the prescribed medication.
Keep your gp informed of any adverse reaction, or any positive reaction to the meds.
I also only manage 3 to 4 hours sleep, per night, so can certainly empathise with you, on that score.
Keep posting on here too, because there are some undoubtedly good people on here, who are far better qualified, than I am, to answer any queries, or allay any fears you might have.
Hopefully, you'll soon begin to see some light, at the end of the tunnel.
Very best of luck to you, mate.

Again, many thanks

A good mate of mine set up man health and there's branches throughout the north east. i hope it's of help to anyone who needs it. good luck all.
There is also Mens Shed, in Hartlepool.
There's a lot of groups like MS, popping up, across the UK, these days, which can only be a good thing, imo.
Again, many thanks
You're most welcome, RJS
Don't ever, give up hope, that you can/will be well again.
Without hope, we have nothing.
You take care, friend, and don't hesitate to post, if you ever need to vent, or ask questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck everyone.

Baby steps mate. From your post you sound like you’re making them so objectively you know you’re on your way back. You are eating again, having some better evenings etc. Baby steps. Over time the meds will level in your System and mornings will be better. More baby steps. Then you get out and do some odd jobs. More baby steps.

Everything in your post tells me you’ll be ok mate. Some hard yards but do what you’re doing and talk to people. Pm me if you need too anytime.

Pretty quickly 😀😀. For how much it eventually helps though it’s worth it and your body does get used to it. Be prepared for some bad days initially. It can feel f***ing awful but if you’re like me, once it’s in your system in a couple of weeks it really helps.

Good luck mate and pm if you ever need to chat.
They're here today :cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back