Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every one and @becs. Thanks for asking.

Work hasn't been too bad in all honesty. It's been kind of good to get a routine back. Sleep is still an issue, but I guess most parents with a month old baby have that.

I saw my therapist on friday and she mentioned that going back on medication might be good for me just to ease my anxiety.
I'm a bit sceptical as it hadn't really helped with my intrusive thoughts which are the main cause of my anxiety. I'll have a think.

Hope you are all well. Mindfulness comes highly recommended. There's a couple of apps such as Headspace which you can get or I also bought a book which came with a CD. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Ive been struggling recently.
Moved to Leeds and I dont know many people. This weekend for example I haven't spoken to anyone. Just find myself watching loads of TV.
Its just getting me down
My flatmates all keep themselves to themselves and the few people I know in Leeds I don't want to bother to often.
Anyone got any advice?

Anyone got any advice?

Someone told me about this website which I've joined but not actually been to anything yet!
https://www.meetup.com/

If you look for groups with similar interests etc., you might find something.

Is there a park or something nearby? Even just getting out for a walk lifts your mood. I was on my own today and took my dogs out. It was a lovely day and I was out for ages just walking around in the local area.

Someone told me about this website which I've joined but not actually been to anything yet!
https://www.meetup.com/

If you look for groups with similar interests etc., you might find something.

Is there a park or something nearby? Even just getting out for a walk lifts your mood. I was on my own today and took my dogs out. It was a lovely day and I was out for ages just walking around in the local area.
Thanks that looks great.
I wanted to go to the pub today to watch the football, but got outside and just couldnt get myself to go in. Really struggle with Anxiety when its someone I dont know, which is part of the problem! As its a new city I know very few places!
Il have a look on that website and hopefully I can find some sport ones as that normally makes me feel better about myself!

Been struggling again recently, especially since we had the dog put down around last month, becoming increasingly issolated and less active, not that I don't want to get out to the gym, go walking, just get out generally etc, mixture of feeling tired nearly all time and doubts/anxieties building stopping me, seniors at work have kinda noticed it too. Need to pick myself back up, should be looking forward to Florida next month

Been struggling again recently, especially since we had the dog put down around last month, becoming increasingly issolated and less active, not that I don't want to get out to the gym, go walking, just get out generally etc, mixture of feeling tired nearly all time and doubts/anxieties building stopping me, seniors at work have kinda noticed it too. Need to pick myself back up, should be looking forward to Florida next month

Sorry to hear about the dog. It's natural to struggle as it's a big loss in your life. Hugs xx

What about baby steps? Just go for a walk for 10 minutes if you can manage it. That's easy enough to handle and you'll be back in no time. Then keep building up on the time you spend out. Would that work?

Thanks that looks great.
I wanted to go to the pub today to watch the football, but got outside and just couldnt get myself to go in. Really struggle with Anxiety when its someone I dont know, which is part of the problem! As its a new city I know very few places!
Il have a look on that website and hopefully I can find some sport ones as that normally makes me feel better about myself!
If you like running/jogging try and find your local Park Run to meet new people.

As for the pub try and go. I'm a pretty shy person and when I changed jobs to a new place I didn't know anyone. I went to a pub on a Sunday to watch football and after a few weeks got to know the faces and became friendly with a couple of girls (batted for the other side but hey ho!) and we'd meet up every Sunday for lunch and to watch the football.

If you like running/jogging try and find your local Park Run to meet new people.

As for the pub try and go. I'm a pretty shy person and when I changed jobs to a new place I didn't know anyone. I went to a pub on a Sunday to watch football and after a few weeks got to know the faces and became friendly with a couple of girls (batted for the other side but hey ho!) and we'd meet up every Sunday for lunch and to watch the football.
Spot on about Parkrun....
Everyone is so friendly and there's a whole range of people, from the club athletes to mature ladies who walk the dog round.... And very supportive.

Sorry to hear about the dog. It's natural to struggle as it's a big loss in your life. Hugs xx

What about baby steps? Just go for a walk for 10 minutes if you can manage it. That's easy enough to handle and you'll be back in no time. Then keep building up on the time you spend out. Would that work?

What a thoughtful person you really are.
Your kids should be mighty proud of their Mum.

To everyone on this thread it's a tough world for sure. Don't take it on alone that's the best advice anyone can give you. Stay strong.

Making an effort to cut down my drinking as it's started creeping up again.
I'm back to choir as well as music lessons.
Going on a midweek one night spa break this week with my mate... Just 45 mins up the road, so that will be something to look forward to as being away from the smallholding is a rare treat. Anxiety on overload at times though.

That could be my exact weekly repeated post on here to be honest.
And always failing to achieve it pretty much.
None of us are perfect though & I think everyone deserves to do something in life that's not particularly good or positive for them but they enjoy doing.
Fine line of acceptance I guess, & obviously its needs to be kept in check or knocked on the head completely when it causes real genuine problems.

That could be my exact weekly repeated post on here to be honest.
And always failing to achieve it pretty much.
None of us are perfect though & I think everyone deserves to do something in life that's not particularly good or positive for them but they enjoy doing.
Fine line of acceptance I guess.

Not ideal, but I've replaced my alcohol habits with cake/muffins. I occasionally make them on a weekend too, play round with different flavours, keeps me occupied and makes me feel like I've achieved something that day even if I couldn't face going out.

Sunday club: how's everyone doing?

Managed 7 hrs 4 mins average sleep this week, so I'm quite pleased with that. Had a quiet week with work with it being half term. Didn't do a lot - just had a lazy time at home which has done me the world of good.

I pruned some bushes back last weekend and left the tiny bits of twigs on the garden. I've noticed Mrs Blackbird has been busy picking them up and taking them into an evergreen bush. I'm hoping for birdy babies again :D

Had my birthday... I'm 47 !! Celebrated by going on a cheapo hotel midweek break with my best mate, ate lots of food, drank some wine, went plodging in the sea the morning after Storm Doris.

Daffodils are flowering, despite the rain knocking them flat, and the evenings are definitely getting lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back