Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use Sertraline? I've just been prescribed it. Any side effects early on?
Be prepared to feel a bit worse as your brain chemicals adjust... Usually takes a few days, then should stabilise a bit.
If you find they're making you very drowsy, take in the evening rather than the morning.

On 50mg I just felt lively and fairly positive within days though they did make me a bit snappy if questioned though nothing major . after a while I was put on 100mg and regressed over night . Lethargic , low mood and tired all the time . I've gone back on 50mg and take them of a morning

I know someone who has been on them since November and they took a while to work but he's been a bit brighter over the last couple of weeks. Don't expect instant results and give them time to work.

Dad never got his operation. More urgent cases came in and were higher priority. He was nil by mouth and had to watch everyone eat a roast dinner and then the surgeon came round late afternoon and said that the main theatre staff had gone home and there was just skeleton support staff in to deal with really urgent operations now. He said due to my Dad's other health issues and him being high risk, he'd rather do the operation tomorrow with more support staff on hand in the theatre just in case.

I did speak to him on the phone but he didn't want to talk about how he felt and just wanted me to tell him about the match yesterday!

I know someone who has been on them since November and they took a while to work but he's been a bit brighter over the last couple of weeks. Don't expect instant results and give them time to work.

Dad never got his operation. More urgent cases came in and were higher priority. He was nil by mouth and had to watch everyone eat a roast dinner and then the surgeon came round late afternoon and said that the main theatre staff had gone home and there was just skeleton support staff in to deal with really urgent operations now. He said due to my Dad's other health issues and him being high risk, he'd rather do the operation tomorrow with more support staff on hand in the theatre just in case.

I did speak to him on the phone but he didn't want to talk about how he felt and just wanted me to tell him about the match yesterday!
Has he got internet access? If so I'll send you half a dozen links that will cheer the owld fella up nee sweat.

Has he got internet access? If so I'll send you half a dozen links that will cheer the owld fella up nee sweat.

Aww thanks that's really kind, but he's in hospital and he can't work tablets or smart phones so no internet access.

Never thought of that - doh! Aye send them over and I can show him.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-manager-david-moyes-hails-12559197

Video from above - http://c.brightcove.com/services/mo...r.m3u8?videoId=5310615312001&pubId=4221396001

Moyes post match interview -

Big Sam not happy -

Extended highlights of the game - http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2017/february/crystal-palace/highlights-v-palace

16:30 in phone interview with Jermain Defoe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08dwg6r/motd2-extra-05022017

you might want to google for a video downloading app as well, there are loads around

Last edited:
How's every one getting on?

I'm back at work tomorrow after three and a bit weeks off with paternity and hols. A bit apprehensive as I know how I've been previously when returning to work after a period of time off. I'm hoping to go to the gym first thing, then out with the dog and then work to get something under my belt early.

I've still been seeing my therapist and she is certain I have OCD. It's weird as it all began with health anxiety, then GAD and now OCD. I've always been a worrier so I guess it's a natural progression.

My main reason for feeling down is it's severely impacting my relationship with my new daughter. I have horrific intrusive thoughts which I am dealing with. I seriously wouldn't wish this on any one (not even a mag).

Anyways all the best to every one. Here's hoping for a good week.

How's every one getting on?

I'm back at work tomorrow after three and a bit weeks off with paternity and hols. A bit apprehensive as I know how I've been previously when returning to work after a period of time off. I'm hoping to go to the gym first thing, then out with the dog and then work to get something under my belt early.

I've still been seeing my therapist and she is certain I have OCD. It's weird as it all began with health anxiety, then GAD and now OCD. I've always been a worrier so I guess it's a natural progression.

My main reason for feeling down is it's severely impacting my relationship with my new daughter. I have horrific intrusive thoughts which I am dealing with. I seriously wouldn't wish this on any one (not even a mag).

Anyways all the best to every one. Here's hoping for a good week.

I hope it all goes well, sounds like the work in therapy should be positive. Once you find out what exactly you're dealing with is half the battle when it comes to getting help & fighting the damn thing. It's hard going back after time off, whether it's for holidays or sick etc, I guess the one thing that will help a little is that coming back from having a new baby people will expect you to be presenting as tired & worn out, we're all here for support too when you need it.

I'm hoping for a good week, though I'm trying to work through some things that even without my issues would probably throw anyone for a while. I've found out that I have a medical issue that I wasn't expecting... the real kicker is that it may well have been caused by the MH meds I was on last year. It's really playing on my mind so I'm going to be proactive and make sure I reach out for support this week.

I hope it all goes well, sounds like the work in therapy should be positive. Once you find out what exactly you're dealing with is half the battle when it comes to getting help & fighting the damn thing. It's hard going back after time off, whether it's for holidays or sick etc, I guess the one thing that will help a little is that coming back from having a new baby people will expect you to be presenting as tired & worn out, we're all here for support too when you need it.

I'm hoping for a good week, though I'm trying to work through some things that even without my issues would probably throw anyone for a while. I've found out that I have a medical issue that I wasn't expecting... the real kicker is that it may well have been caused by the MH meds I was on last year. It's really playing on my mind so I'm going to be proactive and make sure I reach out for support this week.

Sorry to hear that and hope it isn't too hard to deal with. Being proactive is really good and will hopefully be a help to think you're controlling it rather than the other way around.

Again, this thread is always here if you need to talk.

Best of luck at work today and hope it goes well xx

Do you read to your daughter? I know she is tiny and won't have a clue what you are saying, but I always found it soothing looking at a book with mine. Find a book with bonny coloured pictures and she will probably stare at the pictures at this age and she will be aware of your voice. It builds a close bond of story time that you can carry on for a long time. Mine were all around 7-8 years old when they gave up bedtime stories and preferred to read by themselves.

I'm deadly quiet at work this week so plenty of time if you fancy a cuppa and a natter. I'll message you later on.

Sorry for not starting Sunday club everyone. I'm a scatterbrain and just totally forgot :oops:

I'm doing ok now, and my Dad is better. He's had an op and is back at home. It was caused by a massive kidney stone blocking a tube and causing his kidney to swell up. As it's risky giving him a op, they did a quick op and put a temporary drain in for now. He's going back in 4-6 weeks to have another op so they can remove the stone and temp drain, but they'll have time to properly prepare him for that one, so it's less risky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you read to your daughter? I know she is tiny and won't have a clue what you are saying, but I always found it soothing looking at a book with mine. Find a book with bonny coloured pictures and she will probably stare at the pictures at this age and she will be aware of your voice. It builds a close bond of story time that you can carry on for a long time. Mine were all around 7-8 years old when they gave up bedtime stories and preferred to read by themselves.

I'm deadly quiet at work this week so plenty of time if you fancy a cuppa and a natter. I'll message you later on.

Sorry for not starting Sunday club everyone. I'm a scatterbrain and just totally forgot :oops:

I'm doing ok now, and my Dad is better. He's had an op and is back at home. It was caused by a massive kidney stone blocking a tube and causing his kidney to swell up. As it's risky giving him a op, they did a quick op and put a temporary drain in for now. He's going back in 4-6 weeks to have another op so they can remove the stone and temp drain, but they'll have time to properly prepare him for that one, so it's less risky.
Glad your dad is okay x

One of our lasses ex pupils sadly took his own life yesterday.
Just 18 years old & had been struggling for a while but an absolutely lovely lad & model student by all accounts with his whole life still ahead of him.
He even rang 999 beforehand to tell them what was going to happen & they arrived when he was still alive but sadly couldn't save him.

Just horrible this illness, particularly in it's worse case scenario :(

read to mine from the day i brought them home from hospital........ precious times, perhaps the most precious

Sunday club: How's everyone doing?

How did work go @Crammy Mackem and how's the bairn doing?

I've been working hard on cracking the insomnia and aiming to get 7 hours sleep per night. I looked at my FitBit stats this morning, and my average sleep for the last week was 7 hours 1 minute :D Three nights were under 7, so the next step is to get it over 7 hours every night. I was struggling on 3-4 hours per night last year so that's a massive improvement and I feel loads better in myself.

Still doing the Calm mindfulness app and I really like it. I was telling my middle one about some of the stuff it teaches you, so he's calling me Mother Zen now :lol:

Making an effort to cut down my drinking as it's started creeping up again.
I'm back to choir as well as music lessons.
Going on a midweek one night spa break this week with my mate... Just 45 mins up the road, so that will be something to look forward to as being away from the smallholding is a rare treat. Anxiety on overload at times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back