Depression thread continued...

Think they have a list to work through. I know for PMDD, there were several steps of treatment I had to follow with different drugs at each stage. I had a copy of the NICE guidelines for that, as I needed to push for treatment at every step.

Sorry to hear that mate. What plans have you got for your birthday and the rest of the weekend?
Have the day off on Friday. Was supposed to be going for breakfast or lunch with our lass but that won't be happening so I might just cancel the day off. Supposed to be going to Durham for drinks with my mate on Saturday but not sure I'll do that either because drinking seems a really bad idea at the minute.

Have the day off on Friday. Was supposed to be going for breakfast or lunch with our lass but that won't be happening so I might just cancel the day off. Supposed to be going to Durham for drinks with my mate on Saturday but not sure I'll do that either because drinking seems a really bad idea at the minute.

Could you go out with mate and stay on soft drinks? I know that's easier said than done like. Just getting out and chatting to someone might help.

Could you go out with mate and stay on soft drinks? I know that's easier said than done like. Just getting out and chatting to someone might help.
I've had enough of talking about it. I need some escapism. If I had some spare cash I'd be looking at the cheapest flights I could find and disappearing for a few days but I don't have the money and I don't want to upset the kids. I hate birthdays. Can't remember the last one I enjoyed.

Sorry for ranting I'm just very sad and frustrated.

I've had enough of talking about it. I need some escapism. If I had some spare cash I'd be looking at the cheapest flights I could find and disappearing for a few days but I don't have the money and I don't want to upset the kids. I hate birthdays. Can't remember the last one I enjoyed.

Never be sorry. Ranting is better than keeping it bottled up.

Anywhere local you can go on Friday? Even just a wander round a park or somewhere?

I just meant chat about other random stuff with the mate, not necessarily anything to do with how you're feeling. Taking your mind off it for a little while can give you a lift.

Never be sorry. Ranting is better than keeping it bottled up.

Anywhere local you can go on Friday? Even just a wander round a park or somewhere?

I just meant chat about other random stuff with the mate, not necessarily anything to do with how you're feeling. Taking your mind off it for a little while can give you a lift.
I'm going to put a brave face on and take the kids to school then I'm just going to walk until it's time to pick them up again. It's exhausting pretending to be ok though when my world is falling apart. Hoping to keep up the act until my daughter has got her sats out of the way.

I'm going to put a brave face on and take the kids to school then I'm just going to walk until it's time to pick them up again. It's exhausting pretending to be ok though when my world is falling apart. Hoping to keep up the act until my daughter has got her sats out of the way.

I sympathise as I know what you're going through and it is hard. Keep talking on here or PM one of us if you want to. No need for brave faces and pretending here as we're all supporting each other. Take care mate xx

SATS are a bugger like! So much stress for the poor bairns. Hope she's doing ok with them.

I sympathise as I know what you're going through and it is hard. Keep talking on here or PM one of us if you want to. No need for brave faces and pretending here as we're all supporting each other. Take care mate xx

SATS are a bugger like! So much stress for the poor bairns. Hope she's doing ok with them.
She will do really well aslong as we can keep a lid on stuff for the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Can you not ask for something else to try or do you not want to? I don’t blame you for stopping ☹️

I have panic attacks, I can honestly say they were ruining my life at one point, I even had a massive one in the middle of a skinny pigs session which was mortifying. I couldn’t go back because in my head i thought it was going to happen again if I did and my anxiety was through the roof. I was so angry at myself because I couldn’t control it, a grown woman. I had to ring my mam so she could calm me down. I take propranolol now if I feel one starting and it’s been a godsend and weirdly I’ve gone from having one every day to maybe one every 2 weeks if not less and I think that’s because I know I can take something to nip it in the bud. I’ve tried all the mind and breathing techniques and they didn’t really help. I just wish I’d been offered that medication sooner because my life was miserable with it at times.
Lord, I’m sorry for the me me me!! 😳☹️

It gave me headaches too but nothing that severe, that’s scary Becs. Have you not thought of taking something else or do you not want to?

I don't really know. I'm just going to see how I get on for a while.

That is horrible. The only time I've had panic attacks were getting onto a plane and heading into work and it scared the shit out of me.

I realised I didn't really have control of how I was feeling and I'd never felt like that before.

I find it interesting that my anxiety has got worse as I've got older. You'd imagine you'd get a bit more used to situations and how to deal with them, but nope...not at all. Just find more and more things to worry about.

Have you ever done camping in your car? If it's your sort of thing it could be a good distraction for you and cheap. There's a canny group on Facebook (I know) that's all about people's experiences.

Can you not ask for something else to try or do you not want to? I don’t blame you for stopping ☹️

I have panic attacks, I can honestly say they were ruining my life at one point, I even had a massive one in the middle of a skinny pigs session which was mortifying. I couldn’t go back because in my head i thought it was going to happen again if I did and my anxiety was through the roof. I was so angry at myself because I couldn’t control it, a grown woman. I had to ring my mam so she could calm me down. I take propranolol now if I feel one starting and it’s been a godsend and weirdly I’ve gone from having one every day to maybe one every 2 weeks if not less and I think that’s because I know I can take something to nip it in the bud. I’ve tried all the mind and breathing techniques and they didn’t really help. I just wish I’d been offered that medication sooner because my life was miserable with it at times.
Lord, I’m sorry for the me me me!! 😳☹️

It gave me headaches too but nothing that severe, that’s scary Becs. Have you not thought of taking something else or do you not want to?

Propranolol worked for me. Good luck.

Have you ever done camping in your car? If it's your sort of thing it could be a good distraction for you and cheap. There's a canny group on Facebook (I know) that's all about people's experiences.
I don't drive mate. Would have been extremely useful at the minute typically.

Foundation of Light is proud to announce the launch of its dedicated women’s mental health group, Believe.

The initiative marks a significant milestone for the Foundation as this is the first group of its kind in addressing the mental health needs of women in our community.

The group, titled ‘Believe’ aims to provide a safe and supportive space for women to openly discuss their experiences, challenges, and triumphs.

Offering an informal environment to recognise the importance of creating spaces where women can connect with like-minded individuals, the group will provide a platform for sharing stories, insights, and coping strategies.

"We are thrilled to be bringing this idea to life and look forward to ‘Believe’ making a positive impact in the lives of women in our community,” said Jade Gilbertson, Foundation of Light Health and Wellbeing Manager.

"Women face mental health challenges every day and societal pressures that can impact their well-being.

"Our goal with this initiative is to create a space where women feel heard, understood, and supported."

The group will be facilitated by Samaritans and listening ear trained volunteers and will cover a range of topics relevant to women's mental health, including stress management, self-care, relationships, and resilience-building.

Through facilitated discussions and peer support, participants will have the opportunity to learn from one another.

The free to attend drop-in group is open to all females aged 18+. The first ‘Believe’ session will take place at the Beacon of Light on Tuesday 23 April, 6.30 - 7.30pm and every Tuesday thereafter.

What the actual fuck has happened? Not been on properly for few days.
Hope everyone is keeping on the best they can. I’ve got a new hobby. Bastard darts!
Me and me best mate playing every two days at mine and have a laugh and time flies over.
I’m shit like hahaha.
Sending love to everyone. Love Rhubarb. Xx
I don't drive mate. Would have been extremely useful at the minute typically.
Answer me txt mate let me know your ok

Last edited:
I find it interesting that my anxiety has got worse as I've got older. You'd imagine you'd get a bit more used to situations and how to deal with them, but nope...not at all. Just find more and more things to worry about.
This.

You have put into words something I also find strangely puzzling. Although I have suffered variously all my life, it really gives me a headache trying to think still. To the outside world I seem to have the perfect life and I acknowledge....it should be.

But the depression, the emptiness, the intrusive thoughts just keep coming and have to be managed. After so many years I manage better and safer yet still they return.
I call it putting my face on. You are right bloody exhausting, but necessary sometimes.

Last edited:
This.

You have put into words something I also find strangely puzzling. Although I have suffered variously all my life, it really gives me a headache trying to think still. To the outside world I seem to have the perfect life and I acknowledge....it should be.

But the depression, the emptiness, the intrusive thoughts just keep coming and have to be managed. After so many years I manage better and safer yet still they return.

I call it putting my face on. You are right bloody exhausting, but necessary sometimes.
Yeah yesterday was awful. Trying not to ruin the kids excitement. I ended up taking them to school then going back to bed until it was time to pick them up. I've had some crap birthdays in my time but that was definitely in my top 2.

Just been put on Sertraline as I’m in the middle of a massive bout of health anxiety.

Had some muscle twitches - used dr Google and the rest is history. Off work.
Good luck.
Getting out the house is usually a good move like.

Last edited:

Back