Depression thread continued...

Pancho

Laundry Manager
Staff member
The original thread has been locked as a result of a volume of accusatory posts of a personal nature.

Continue the discussion on this thread but, particularly bearing in mind the thread topic, please restrict the more personal comments/discussions to private messages.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Right, my first post on mk2. Feeling anxious and discombobulated. Have a stressful week ahead of me but God willing (i'm an atheist but you know what I mean) I will get to the end of this week intact.

I will get strength, encouragement, a few laughs and a few things to think about by reading posts on here. Some will help, offering sound advice. Some will make me think, what do I do when I feel like that. And some will make me reach out to see if I can offer words.

Have a good week everybody.

Having a break from this thread just seems like there was so much information on the last thread and so easy to just reply and it was going from 2013 and would have been so much easier to just delete certain messages and carry on.
I've slept on it and still feel the same this morning so take care all but I'm out ❤️.
Its still there mate n this is just a continuation, stick around.

Having a break from this thread just seems like there was so much information on the last thread and so easy to just reply and it was going from 2013 and would have been so much easier to just delete certain messages and carry on.
I've slept on it and still feel the same this morning so take care all but I'm out ❤️.

Hang in mate. I've been away this last week but I'm going to sort something out next week. Possibly Tuesday as I'm off work doing colonosopy prep so it'll take my mind off things!

@Pancho can you just not delete the posts on the other thread it’s a shame to lose one that is very old!

I think it’s a very shitty deal that we have to lose out here
The number of posts that required deletion, which includes many posts quoting the personal material, would have cut out swathes of posts and thus rendered the thread unnavigable.

We are aware that this is not an ideal solution but the original thread is still there for reference, albeit locked.

The number of posts that required deletion, which includes many posts quoting the personal material, would have cut out swathes of posts and thus rendered the thread unnavigable.

We are aware that this is not an ideal solution but the original thread is still there for reference, albeit locked.
A do get ya point mate it’s a shame as it’s great thread.

Just wished it was something you’d put time in to save

I won’t be posting on this one wish everyone the best.

The original thread has been locked as a result of a volume of accusatory posts of a personal nature.

Continue the discussion on this thread but particularly bearing in mind the thread topic, please restrict the more personal comments/discussions to private messages.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Glad I didn't see that particularly heinous descent. Thanks for cleaning it up.

My depression and anxiety are full throttle at the moment as I don't have to work or anything so I can afford them full rein... I'm like an even more annoying Orphan Annie than the original... thinking Tomorrow all the time and guess what... I truly believe that tomorrow I'll snap out of it 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I know what I need to do, want to do but can not move to do any of it. Mainly down to being so rubbish at processing grief over my brother which I think is down to autism mad skills but exacerbated by the outrageous last few months at my job where I was tortured. The job thing on it's own wouldn't have dented me so badly but I have always taken solace in work and used it to avoid life stuff so it was bad because of having that so soundly destroyed.

I've avoided this thread and its previous incarnation because it makes me anxious to even look at it 😀👍🤣

So.... I reckon this is me drawing a line in the sand and hoping putting it out there will force me to action.

Now I have this absolute boon of time off and I'm doing absolutely nothing with it.

Tomorrow though.... 💃🏻

I will respectfully disagree with you that mods have got it wrong on this occasion

I understand where you are coming from, but moderating on a large active board really is a lot harder and a lot more effort than most people realise. Threads take a lot of untangling, more people get aggravated on the still active thread when we do that and this is only one of the many threads that the moderators are working on. Its not ideal, but sometimes the best option on a thread is to start it again and keep a tighter control on it from the begining. Its never as simple as just deleting a few posts.

The moderators had already attempted to lock that thread and clean it up for re-opening before, but that had failed to be successful.

I understand where you are coming from, but moderating on a large active board really is a lot harder and a lot more effort than most people realise. Threads take a lot of untangling, more people get aggravated on the still active thread when we do that and this is only one of the many threads that the moderators are working on. Its not ideal, but sometimes the best option on a thread is to start it again and keep a tighter control on it from the begining. Its never as simple as just deleting a few posts.

The moderators had already attempted to lock that thread and clean it up for re-opening before, but that had failed to be successful.

It's a shame as it was possibly the best thread on the whole board in terms of the good it did people. And until the end it was a thread where people mostly put aside petty squabbles. Just the size of the thread meant people could see they are not alone with their depression. And that's before they read the helpful comments.

Back