Depression thread continued...

Because the argument will go on and on. And the rest of the good posting will be lost along the way. The mods have played a blinder. People saying they won’t post on this one is a bit petty imo. But I suppose everyone has their own thoughts.
If ya think it’s petty fair enough

I think it’s pissed on years of support.

They could have just banned posters from the thread (like they do in many others)

Or even banned the posters if it was bad enough.

If ya think it’s petty fair enough

I think it’s pissed on years of support.

They could have just banned posters from the thread (like they do in many others)

Or even banned the posters if it was bad enough.
And take away the support they might need? The very thing you are talking about. The thread is still there to
reference mate. Don’t make it harder than it is. Try and look on the positive side. No one’s been banned everything is still there and we have another thread to fill with promise, hope, help and goodwill. Also something else you don’t get in other threads. Like @Billericay Dichio said it’s a thread where pettiness is put aside. Let’s keep it like that.

And take away the support they might need? The very thing you are talking about. The thread is still there to
reference mate. Don’t make it harder than it is. Try and look on the positive side. No one’s been banned everything is still there and we have another thread to fill with promise, hope, help and goodwill. Also something else you don’t get in other threads. Like @Billericay Dichio said it’s a thread where pettiness is put aside. Let’s keep it like that.

i do get your point mate,

Me and others have been on that thread for years and in theory it’s saved my life so forgive me if I’m a tad pissed off a few have spoilt it.

il try and embrace it but I can see a fair few who don’t post who may lose what support they had which I hope they don’t.

You call it pettiness for some it’s the anxiety and feeling of losing support it’s not just “petty”

Hope everyone who needs the help and support gets it.

Last edited:
There’s 33 posts over the last three pages which need deleting. Thread would still read and have all the context it had previously.

Come on mods, yous can do it. I’ll sign up as a contributor if you do.

i do get your point mate,

Me and others have been on that thread for years and in theory it’s saved my life so forgive me if I’m a tad pissed off a few have spoilt it.

il try and embrace it but I can see a fair few who don’t post who may lose what support they had which I hope they don’t.

You call it pettiness for some it’s the anxiety and feeling of losing support it’s not just “petty”

Hope everyone who needs the help and support gets it.
@beverly macca actually after reading posts in other threads I agree with ya now!

Having a break from this thread just seems like there was so much information on the last thread and so easy to just reply and it was going from 2013 and would have been so much easier to just delete certain messages and carry on.
I've slept on it and still feel the same this morning so take care all but I'm out ❤️.
Oh no don't say that. Who is going to give me affirmation, encouragement and sympathy.....and make me feel better about myself?

A do get ya point mate it’s a shame as it’s great thread.

Just wished it was something you’d put time in to save

I won’t be posting on this one wish everyone the best.
Nooooo come back. We get through stuff together.
Glad I didn't see that particularly heinous descent. Thanks for cleaning it up.

My depression and anxiety are full throttle at the moment as I don't have to work or anything so I can afford them full rein... I'm like an even more annoying Orphan Annie than the original... thinking Tomorrow all the time and guess what... I truly believe that tomorrow I'll snap out of it 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I know what I need to do, want to do but can not move to do any of it. Mainly down to being so rubbish at processing grief over my brother which I think is down to autism mad skills but exacerbated by the outrageous last few months at my job where I was tortured. The job thing on it's own wouldn't have dented me so badly but I have always taken solace in work and used it to avoid life stuff so it was bad because of having that so soundly destroyed.

I've avoided this thread and its previous incarnation because it makes me anxious to even look at it 😀👍🤣

So.... I reckon this is me drawing a line in the sand and hoping putting it out there will force me to action.

Now I have this absolute boon of time off and I'm doing absolutely nothing with it.

Tomorrow though.... 💃🏻
Mind you it does seem to all pile on at once doesn't it.

Last edited:
TIme wasn't really a factor.

And the thread is still there.

you did a great job for no thanks it would seem, so please accept my thanks for your time, efforts and thoughtfulness... as one who one way or another ends up taking up egregious amounts of the Mods' time I am painfully aware of the irony here 🤪

Don't know what's happened with the old thread as I only dip in and out but glad there is a new one.

Had a really bad night last night with the Mrs. We both said and did some horrible things. I've ended up coming out alone for my birthday night out that she bought me tickets for and I am staying in a hotel in town alone tonight. What a mess.
Having a break from this thread just seems like there was so much information on the last thread and so easy to just reply and it was going from 2013 and would have been so much easier to just delete certain messages and carry on.
I've slept on it and still feel the same this morning so take care all but I'm out ❤️.
You have been a big help to many on here. I missed whatever happened on the old thread that got it locked but hope you will be back.

Last edited:
Don't know what's happened with the old thread as I only dip in and out but glad there is a new one.

Had a really bad night last night with the Mrs. We both said and did some horrible things. I've ended up coming out alone for my birthday night out that she bought me tickets for and I am staying in a hotel in town alone tonight. What a mess.
Sheesh, i've always been one to walk away from arguments with partners cos i know i will say something so horrible there's absolutely no coming back from it.

Hoping the night in a hotel, you jammy bastard, will put things in perspective and point you in YOUR best direction.

👍

Sheesh, i've always been one to walk away from arguments with partners cos i know i will say something so horrible there's absolutely no coming back from it.

Hoping the night in a hotel, you jammy bastard, will put things in perspective and point you in YOUR best direction.

👍
I tried to just go to bed last night but it went even worse after that. I'm not blameless but have no idea why the argument started in the first place.

I tried to just go to bed last night but it went even worse after that. I'm not blameless but have no idea why the argument started in the first place.
One of my exes would push and push the conversation into snarky replies followed by taunts and at my first reaction the waterworks would start and "this is how you treat me, such a lack of love and respect" and she'd run off to bed.

I'm sure she was wanting me to make a fuss but i would go home instead.😁

No reason for this behaviour was ever apparent, i found out years after we'd split that she'd phone me mam and give her all the gory details. 😳

School teachers are a strange cove i've found.

Back