Depression thread continued...

Is it bad form to say you're feeling ok at the moment? All the negative things in my life are still there, but I'm coping. I know what things I can affect change to and I know what I just have to accept and live with. Stopped blaming myself and it geels f***ing good tbh.
Absolutely not mate. I often get chewed up in my own thoughts until I sit and explain to myself that I either can’t control the majority of it, or it’s already happened in the past and done.

Keep it up mate.
Don't know what's happened with the old thread as I only dip in and out but glad there is a new one.

Had a really bad night last night with the Mrs. We both said and did some horrible things. I've ended up coming out alone for my birthday night out that she bought me tickets for and I am staying in a hotel in town alone tonight. What a mess.

You have been a big help to many on here. I missed whatever happened on the old thread that got it locked but hope you will be back.
Ah mate, this is crap. hope yous manage to find a solution soon.

Last edited:
Is it bad form to say you're feeling ok at the moment? All the negative things in my life are still there, but I'm coping. I know what things I can affect change to and I know what I just have to accept and live with. Stopped blaming myself and it geels f***ing good tbh.

No, it's not bad form. It's good to celebrate small wins and it gives others hope that they can beat their own demons. Well done on finding ways to cope and change your mindset 😎

Absolutely not. It's great to hear when someone is getting on. Encourages others. To me it illustrates there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Most people don't tend to post when they feeling OK but maybe a little "I'm feeling ok" now and again is just what most of us need.

Last edited:
After drinking far too much last week and Fri/Sat I stayed off it yesterday. I'm like a new person today!
After doing dry Jan and Feb I've hit it hard over the last few weeks and it does undoubtedly have a negative impact on mental wellbeing.

Not at all mate. It is inspiring when people are winning their battle.

I'm currently sat in the pub (drinking coffee) planning my next move. Missed work today and haven't phoned in so will have that to face tomorrow but first I have to go home and deal with that.

Oh no don't say that. Who is going to give me affirmation, encouragement and sympathy.....and make me feel better about myself?

There is nothing wrong with you because Ted the Labrador loves you from afar.
Stay strong, we all have a worry box, all about managing it.
Some cope better than others.
Best thing about this thread is people are talking and that is one massive help.
Here for anyone.
Only have myself to blame unfortunately Becs. I am my own worst enemy.

Stay strong Mate.
Don’t let those head demons keep punishing you.
Stick them in a sealed box and chuck the bastards out. Sunday nights never the best.

Last edited:

I'm currently sat in the pub (drinking coffee) planning my next move. Missed work today and haven't phoned in so will have that to face tomorrow but first I have to go home and deal with that.
I'd phone work ASAP if I was you - might limit the impact tomorrow.
Good luck going home

Did you call your GP for an appointment as mentioned in the locked thread?

You can't go on like this mate, seems to be a recurring pattern and things start to spiral when you can't even call work.

Last edited:

Back