Dennis Bergkamp/ Pat Viera Management Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New First Triumvirate!

I imagine Moyes resignation is a big red flag for potential managers

It could well be. Too much is made of the 'stability' thing in my view in respect of the managers position. For foreign coaches there's nothing unusual in changing managers regularly. Look at how Watford do it, they change managers every year and have a big turnover of players, always with a foreign coach but achieve mid table.

It could well be. Too much is made of the 'stability' thing in my view in respect of the managers position. For foreign coaches there's nothing unusual in changing managers regularly. Look at how Watford do it, they change managers every year and have a big turnover of players, always with a foreign coach but achieve mid table.
They've only been in the league two years!

It's a no from me, what happens when they get us into Europe but Bergkamp can't attend the away matches because of his fear of flying.

:lol:

Just getting stupid now.

I totally agree mate. Some of the people on here posting need a reality check. We are in the championship with potentially 11 of our squad leaving in the summer. We are skint and the last two managers have all publicly come out and said they feel Short made false promises, whom by the way is looking to sell the club. And by the way we £140 million in debt

What can they offer apart from being good footballers in their day?

Are we just going to shove anyone who used to be good at footy into our hotseat?!?

I'm talking about us (the fans). People need to appreciate our clubs reputation is at an all time low. We've just been relegated, the mercenary nature of our playing squad has been widely publicised and unlike the Keane appointment we can't even promise a prospective candidate a decent budget to work with.

Any inexperienced rookie would be mad to want this as their first taste of management.

What a load of shit, sorry marra, anyone inexperienced would love to have a go at a club like Sunderland, its the fuckers already on the gravy train who want to avoid it (and us them)

A hungry young manager is what we need (no idea who by the way)

What can they offer apart from being good footballers in their day?

Are we just going to shove anyone who used to be good at footy into our hotseat?!?
Bergkamp is assistant manager to a team in a Euro final. He is at a club that has a fantastic coaching program.

Last edited:
Bergkamp is assistant manager to a team in a Euro final. He is at a club that has a fantastic coaching program.

In early 1999, McClaren moved to Manchester United as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, replacing Brian Kidd. At the time, he was so little known that he was introduced by United chairman Martin Edwards as "Steve McClaridge", perhaps confusing him with the former Leicester City striker Steve Claridge.[14] His first half-season was distinguished by United winning the treble, consisting of the Premier League title, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League. He developed the reputation as one of the most tactically astute coaches in the country,[15] using modern methods such as video analysis and sports psychologists.[14] United later won the League titles in 2000 and 2001, thus ensuring they won every title contested while McClaren was at the club.

^ I'll just leave that there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back