Deluded Geordies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobs created by moving people from another city in - or making them redundant when they don't want to move.

Newcastle would have embarrassed itself trying to do this.

Aye, ok.

Bet Salford City Council are f***ing devastated and ashamed of Media City.

Do you think we have the talent base to run a national TV broadcasting centre?
I don't care. If we had it, it is there for people in our region to learn and improve skills.

It would give a generation of young people the impetus to perhaps go for a career in broadcasting and they would be ahead of the other kids in the country as a result of the opportunity it would bring.

I see what you mean by the talent base not being here and agree that that is likely the reason it hasn't been chosen but I still want it here as it benefits us directly.

I don't care. If we had it, it is there for people in our region to learn and improve skills.

It would give a generation of young people the impetus to perhaps go for a career in broadcasting and they would be ahead of the other kids in the country as a result of the opportunity it would bring.

I see what you mean by the talent base not being here and agree that that is likely the reason it hasn't been chosen but I still want it here as it benefits us directly.

You don't learn skills by working for national broadcasters - you work hard, learn and work your way there.

You don't learn skills by working for national broadcasters - you work hard, learn and work your way there.
I would be surprised if they didn't offer open days, apprenticeships, jobs in boat loads of other departments in the centre that aren't just broadcasting.

And all of my other points stand. You surely can see the benefits this would bring to the area?

I would be surprised if they didn't offer open days, apprenticeships, jobs in boat loads of other departments in the centre that aren't just broadcasting.

And all of my other points stand. You surely can see the benefits this would bring to the area?

It would bring benefits - but their output would go wildly downhill, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back