Decision made, with a heavy heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ayesane

Gonna trade all my gear in for a Canon EOS-M.

I was interested in making some money from photography, and saw it as a route out of writing code (which I have a love/hate relationship with). There is not enough money in professional photography to make it a worth wile venture, and I'm fucked if I have the time to do both. And TBH, I don't enjoy it enough either..

I think now is a good time to get rid of the DSLR and associated gear for a decent price.

I'll be sticking it up on gum tree, I've got a load of decent gear if anyone is interested I'll hoy a price list together, let is knaa.

I was interested in making some money from photography, and saw it as a route out of writing code (which I have a love/hate relationship with). There is not enough money in professional photography to make it a worth wile venture, and I'm fucked if I have the time to do both. And TBH, I don't enjoy it enough either..

I think now is a good time to get rid of the DSLR and associated gear for a decent price.

I'll be sticking it up on gum tree, I've got a load of decent gear if anyone is interested I'll hoy a price list together, let is knaa.
I hear ya brother. Walk toward the light......

EDIT: Could have just pulled my old thread up and added to it you attention seeking git :lol:

I hear ya brother. Walk toward the light......

EDIT: Could have just pulled my old thread up and added to it you attention seeking git :lol:

gonna hoy the money I make from sales into my BMW fund. ;)

No no no no no! Knee jerkers belong on the PF mate, not on here! I aim to talk you out of this ridiculous suggestion.

Set yourself a couple of challenges / projects that you will enjoy, rather than have to make money from. (Re)Discover a passion for the art of photography.

Mind you, no-one knows your mind better than you.

If you do press ahead with this, I'll have a look at some of your lighting set up and back drops.

No no no no no! Knee jerkers belong on the PF mate, not on here! I aim to talk you out of this ridiculous suggestion.

Set yourself a couple of challenges / projects that you will enjoy,
rather than have to make money from. (Re)Discover a passion for the art of photography.

Mind you, no-one knows your mind better than you.

If you do press ahead with this, I'll have a look at some of your lighting set up and back drops.

Maybe that's what he's doing though Steed? Getting back to the enjoyment

Difficult to make cash out of photography. I yearn for the days of film when nobody bothered trying myself

if I'm honest the only thing I enjoy from photography is taking pictures of my daughter and getting out and about with you lads.. which I can do with an EOS-M :cool:

I've done loads of photo-shoots and enjoyed them all, but wtf do you do with them after that? :lol: i detest the self whoring on 500px and fliker ect; not for me at all.

TBH, I haven't fallen out with photography or anything like that, it's just my ambition that has changed...

Paul: i've got a 430 EXII, diffusers, collapsible back drops, reflectors, umbrella with stand and grip. Will do you a good price for the lot.

if I'm honest the only thing I enjoy from photography is taking pictures of my daughter and getting out and about with you lads.. which I can do with an EOS-M :cool:

I've done loads of photo-shoots and enjoyed them all, but wtf do you do with them after that? :lol: i detest the self whoring on 500px and fliker ect; not for me at all.

TBH, I haven't fallen out with photography or anything like that, it's just my ambition that has changed...

Paul: i've got a 430 EXII, diffusers, collapsible back drops, reflectors, umbrella with stand and grip. Will do you a good price for the lot.

Quote me happy :-D

Glad to hear you're staying involved mate.

Chuck a price list up please mate, or jsut what kit you have

The 7d inc 2 CF cards & extra battery
50mm f/1.4
tamron 28-75 f/2.8
tokina 12-24 f/4.0
wireless shutter
kata DC-445 bag
manfroto 190XPROB, with a pano head

some filters i'd be cheeky asking for money for, they can go for nowt..

also selling my old 1100D, and 50mm f/1.8 but i think they have sold..

I will buy that ginger tart, don't care what price

:lol: she's damaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend a lot more time and effort trying to sell pictures than I do taking them which is a pain.

What sort of money are you after for the 7D and/or the Toki, I assume they are both in good nick. Also what is the pano head?

I won't enter the bidding war for the ginger tart cos I would never be able to afford it ;)

Good decision mate... over the last few months I've been working 75 hours a week to get the photo business off the ground... thats 2 full time jobs, so every waking second I'm not doing the day job including all weekend every weekend I work on the photo business. This weekend alone I've taken Friday off work and done a wedding, spent all day saturday editing and today shot another wedding... all with cold / man flu and now have to go back to the day job tomorrow knowing when I struggle through that I'll come straight home and work another 5 hours on the wedding editing.

I understand why i do it... I do it because I love not only the photography but the working with people, the pressure and the hard work.

Why anyone else would want to do it beats me though... it really is a one of those things where you have to dedicate yourself to it 100% and have a stupid amount of drive no matter what to get to where you want to be.

I think you are making a very good decision as you're getting out now before you lose your love of photography so well done... not everyone has the sense to do that and I'm glad you're going back to basics and have recognised what it is about photography that you enjoy. :)

Damn you Paul, would have had that flash!

Bit of a shock of I'm honest though, Sean.

been on the cards for a little while like Ross, I'm still gonna be taking pictures. Just with lesser kit. The 24-105mm lens started it TBH, been plauging since i had the discussion with Ni about that lens a while ago :cry: i'm sad about it like.

I spend a lot more time and effort trying to sell pictures than I do taking them which is a pain.

What sort of money are you after for the 7D and/or the Toki, I assume they are both in good nick. Also what is the pano head?

I won't enter the bidding war for the ginger tart cos I would never be able to afford it ;)

:lol:

All my kit is in impeccable nick. I've been looking at the various second hand prices on the likes of Amazon market place and MPB, they're around £850; but you can buy new from our Carlisle friends for £820. I'd sell the 7d for £750 with the cf cards and the extra generic battery if required. I paid just abit more :lol:

Tokina I would sell for £330.

pano head has dials and rotation angles an' that.. TBH I'd stick it with the tripod for free as it has a little cosmetic damage when i broke down a barb wire fence with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know where you are coming from, but for the long exposure (astro) photography I would sell my DSLR kit tomorrow. My Lumix MILC produces similar IQ in a cheaper and more portable package.

Know where you are coming from, but for the long exposure (astro) photography I would sell my DSLR kit tomorrow. My Lumix MILC produces similar IQ in a cheaper and more portable package.

EOS-M has the same low light as the 7d, same sensor as the 650d, and it's L quality glass out of the box. It will be just as good as the 7d for taking pictures of the daughter.

£769 for a compact with proprietary lens though :eek: but it comes in red so all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back