Decent point that

Rusyn coming on and actually, you know, running and giving their defenders a job to do, made a massive difference and it seemed to lift other players a little bit in terms of intensity as well. How we played for that 10 minute spell needs to be the norm with hopefully Rusyn in the starting 11. From 45 to 80 minutes it was arguably the worst I’ve seen us this season, it was like they were on Valium.

It was weird - first half was pretty even but the first 25 minutes of the second half we were nowhere at all like we didn't even turn up should really have been dead and buried in that period and then after we scored looked like there would only be one winner. Must have been one hell of a half time team talk.
To be fair, we were playing with 10 until Rusyn came on. It's little wonder we struggled in the second half.

Burstow was a complete passenger - didn't seem interested at all.

Never an easy game for us down there. A bit more composure and we could have won it. Great response to going a goal down and we looked the more likely side to nick it after Rusyn's goal.

Point gained. Move on.

PS, very promising debut from Hjelde.
More like 2 points lost . Boro just sold their best player and missing several with injuries . We looked lively first half but can't imagine what Beale said at half time . We barely toughed the ball in their half for the majority of the second half . It was obvious to all but Beale that we were going to give up a goal .
As usual Beale clueless and only reactive , should have made changes earlier. Then of those he makes the takes off our second most threatening forward ,instead of the ineffectual Jobe .
Fortunately for him ,Neil finds Clarke with a peach of a pass ,Clarke finds Russyn and he puts it away .
In the last 10 minutes we swarmed over them and if he had made the changes earlier we would have probably won .
For me he is too passive with a defensive mindset . His set up doesn't work most of the time as we are still a bit of a mess in defence.
Rusyn coming on and actually, you know, running and giving their defenders a job to do, made a massive difference and it seemed to lift other players a little bit in terms of intensity as well. How we played for that 10 minute spell needs to be the norm with hopefully Rusyn in the starting 11. From 45 to 80 minutes it was arguably the worst I’ve seen us this season, it was like they were on Valium.
Beale sucks enthusiasm out of both fans and players . God knows what he said at half time.

Last edited:
I thought the commentators were being overly harsh as well like. They made it seem it was a total fluke.

Whilst there was an element of luck for it to squeeze under their goalie, it was still an excellent strike.

The keeper did get his angle wrong. But what they didn't mention is rusyn clearly noticed that he had. It wasn't the first time in the game the keeper left his near post exposed. Both Clarke and ba tried to do the same earlier in the game
Bea
Beat Leeds marra

Wasn't that Dodds?

Last edited:
Ba was too central, far too often meaning their LB was strolling down the flank unopposed. Rangers fans told us Beale likes a narrow system hence my 41221 thread. I don't like it, not enough width in midfield to stop attacks from out wide.

Beale's coaching has got things happening that weren't under Mogga. Rusyn, Pritchard and even the hapless Burstow have all scored and Roberts has "made a goal" (which, as well you know, is what we called it, back in the day, before this assists nonsense): none of which happened under Mowbray. I can see Rusyn finishing the season with a decent handful. Beale is doing better than most are claiming and will still be here come the first dozen or so games of next season, before we change it again.

When did Roberts make a goal?

Aye, you could see he got over it to make it dip.
The commentator on Viaplay said it was the keeper's fault at first but then corrected himself when they showed it again and admitted Rusyn had got the ball to bounce that way to make it awkward for the keeper. So a very good goal!

Thought we were the better side first half, they were the better second half right up to when we scored, after that we could have nicked it.

Overall thought the quality of the game was poor

The keeper did get his angle wrong. But what they didn't mention is rusyn clearly noticed that he had. It wasn't the first time in the game the keeper left his near post exposed. Both Clarke and ba tried to do the same earlier in the game

Wasn't that Dodds?
Ooooh I stand corrected sir. You're right. BEALE OUT

I thought we shaded the first half and if Ba had his boots on the right feet we should have gone into ht ahead.

Second half there was only one team in it until
we scored against the run of play.

We then could have nicked it.

Decent point all in all
That's exactly how I saw it from the opposite point of view.

Disappointed that we dropped two points through a goal that should have been saved easily but a draw was a fair result.

Thought your fans were as good as I've seen them be at our place in a long while for most of the match as well.

would've took point before the game imo mate. but good god what did the gonk say at half time for them to come out so weakly there? and why in god's name did he leave so long before the legs?

More like 2 points lost . Boro just sold their best player and missing several with injuries . We looked lively first half but can't imagine what Beale said at half time . We barely toughed the ball in their half for the majority of the second half . It was obvious to all but Beale that we were going to give up a goal .
As usual Beale clueless and only reactive , should have made changes earlier. Then of those he makes the takes off our second most threatening forward ,instead of the ineffectual Jobe .
Fortunately for him ,Neil finds Clarke with a peach of a pass ,Clarke finds Russyn and he puts it away .
In the last 10 minutes we swarmed over them and if he had made the changes earlier we would have probably won .
For me he is too passive with a defensive mindset . His set up doesn't work most of the time as we are still a bit of a mess in defence.

Beale sucks enthusiasm out of both fans and players . God knows what he said at half time.
Two points lost? Since when have we been able to go into a game against Boro expecting to win? We've only beaten the buggers once in 12 years, and once down there in the last 20. It always a tough game for us. It's a derby that means more to them than it does us and they up their game accordingly.

I'm seeing a lot of comments about the way we came out in the second half, but to be fair, you've got to give some credit to the way Boro, the home side, came out in the second half as well.

I think Beale deserves some credit for the subs, and whatever it was he said to them during the injury break, 'cos after that it was all us.

On another day, if Ba puts either of his chances away, we win that game.

Back