December challenge - Low Light photography - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love these 2... where you there as an offical tog or did you just smuggle your camera in?

I was the "official", yes. I used to do it quite a bit during my gap year but only have the time do it every now and then these days what with work etc. Glad you like them!

OT smoker, what telescope do you use?

Soz, I'm sure you've described your gear before

OT smoker, what telescope do you use?

Soz, I'm sure you've described your gear before

Currently these:

Vixen R200SS Photo-Newtonian (main imaging scope)
William Optics Megrez 90 refractor (grab&go/outreach scope)
William Optics Megrez 72 refractor (guide scope for the R200SS)

Currently these:

Vixen R200SS Photo-Newtonian (main imaging scope)
William Optics Megrez 90 refractor (grab&go/outreach scope)
William Optics Megrez 72 refractor (guide scope for the R200SS)

Cheers

How much does all that set you back? What kind of de-noising do you do afterwards, and does that not get rid of a load of stars in the process?

How much does all that set you back? What kind of de-noising do you do afterwards, and does that not get rid of a load of stars in the process?

He claims the noise is stars man ;)

The entire set up was probably 5-6 k but that includes 3k for observatory shed and pier.

Noise reduction can be achieved by subtracting dark frames. This will remove pattern noise, thermal noise, plus hot pixels.

The entire set up was probably 5-6 k but that includes 3k for observatory shed and pier.

Noise reduction can be achieved by subtracting dark frames. This will remove pattern noise, thermal noise, plus hot pixels.

Like Southwold Pier or summat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back