Deadlifts on a squat rack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting to use the squat rack today to do some squats (believe it or not) and a bloke was doing dead lifts within the rack with the bar.

I asked how long he'd be, reply was 20 minutes and I said it was a bit of a waste of a squat rack. He was OK about it but said that he was going to do some "really heavy" weights.

Is this a genuine reason to use the only squat rack in the gym? I can't see how a rack would help unless he had those safety side bar things on a low setting to stop something dropping on his feet but the weights/bar would be higher than that.

:?:

Done my first proper set of deadlifts today as it happens.

I've always struggled with lower back issues which put me off, but I watched a good YouTube video to pick up some tips and kept the weight light. Only 15kg on each side.

Was amazed at how i felt immediately afterwards. Took a lot out of me and felt like a proper "all body" workout. Hopefully not too stiff tomorrow :lol:

I'll tell him next time! I felt a bit uppity when I said that it was a waste of a squat rack but there's only 1.

What's the gym etiquette re: people doing OHP in the squat rack? Is that as bad or more acceptable?
OHP in a rack is OK IMO. A lot of people will struggle to clean the weight they press off the floor comfortably.
Done my first proper set of deadlifts today as it happens.

I've always struggled with lower back issues which put me off, but I watched a good YouTube video to pick up some tips and kept the weight light. Only 15kg on each side.

Was amazed at how i felt immediately afterwards. Took a lot out of me and felt like a proper "all body" workout. Hopefully not too stiff tomorrow :lol:
You back? Where you training?

Was he doing them there because there were no free bars or were there free bars he could have used.

Fair enough imo if there was only the squat rack available to him

Was he doing them there because there were no free bars or were there free bars he could have used.

Fair enough imo if there was only the squat rack available to him

There are only x2 Olympic bars, one on the squat rack and one usually used for bench press. He was using the bar in the squat rack and the one on the bench was free. So I went off to use that for 20 mins then I went on the squat rack when he'd finished. I was sort of hinting that he should have fecked off to the one at the bench.

That said, I usually do them in the rack at Cleveland road because he's said it's probably best due to the limited space. Plus, no other fucker there seems to squat

Tw@t! ;)

OHP in a rack is OK IMO. A lot of people will struggle to clean the weight they press off the floor comfortably.

You back? Where you training?
Golds Gym, Abu Dhabi.... Full of absolute doyles :lol:

Back home in the summer though. That's why I'm practicing deadlifts. So I don't show myself up in your gym :oops:

Golds Gym, Abu Dhabi.... Full of absolute doyles :lol:

Back home in the summer though. That's why I'm practicing deadlifts. So I don't show myself up in your gym :oops:
Nothing can be worse than what a saw performed last night be a newbie. I've never see a bar move the way it did, was a mix of a dead and a t-bar row or summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back