Deadlifts - my success story

Status
Not open for further replies.
good going mate I'm well jel of your bench.

Like squats they seem to have a lot of things you should and shouldn't do to avoid injury. Puts me off completely, although I do squat now, not very well like and not much weight but I've not been doing them long. How long will it take for me to start seeing the benefit because my legs are skinny as out at the moment.

I know what you mean like, unless its your job then why take even a small risk for vanity or pride etc, I know might get hammered for saying this but use the smith at first with squats, its not as good but you should feel safer, does your gym not have a deadlift machine this might help to build confidence.

Aye its unbelievable how fast it's happeneing. A few months ago benching 100k I could barely do 1 rep, now I'm doing 5 or 6 no problem

quality. you use straps when you do them? Use straps for the first time on Tuesday in my back session and improve 5 out of the 7 machines, highly recommended

Lewberry pie said:

I know what you mean like, unless its your job then why take even a small risk for vanity or pride etc, I know might get hammered for saying this but use the smith at first with squats, its not as good but you should feel safer, does your gym not have a deadlift machine this might help to build confidence.

Smith machine in my gym moves on both axis and it's horrible for pretty much everything.

Lewberry pie said:

I hope you weren't using the smith when you've quoted lifts before!

SargentQ said:
quality. you use straps when you do them? Use straps for the first time on Tuesday in my back session and improve 5 out of the 7 machines, highly recommended

I could do with straps for deads cause my grip is the first thing to go but feel daft strapping with what I deadlift

Last edited:
Good going. Started these myself about 6-8 weeks ago and gradually improving but my legs/core are really weak so struggle but I am making myself do legs now so things are improving.

Deadlifts are a superb exercise. I don't really like doing them mind, always prefer squatting.

I could do with straps for deads cause my grip is the first thing to go but feel daft strapping with what I deadlift

Why what you lifting, nothing to be embarassed about whatever weight it is. Honestly get a pair bet you will see 5kg different each side,they keep the bar nice and tight to your hands, however even when you start to lose grip the tension of the straps lock so you can still lift!

I hope you weren't using the smith when you've quoted lifts before!

i use sponges as i find straps are tricky using the over under grip

SargentQ said:
Why what you lifting, nothing to be embarassed about whatever weight it is. Honestly get a pair bet you will see 5kg different each side,they keep the bar nice and tight to your hands, however even when you start to lose grip the tension of the straps lock so you can still lift!

140kg 3x5

luvulongtime said:
i use sponges as i find straps are tricky using the over under grip

Might give that a go, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back