DayZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few more guns, loads of new loot, oh and a crossbow so you can daryl dixon people. You can even stick a scope on it. Zombies can still run through walls which isn't ideal... they've also made them harder to kill if you hit their body.

More areas and I think theyre starting to add little bits and bobs so you can hunt animals.
Your clothes can even get wet in the rain which is pretty cool.

Vehicles and base building will be a long way off.
So they still haven't sorted the walk through walls shit yet? Do we know if it's going to be patched mate?

Doesn't look like it's advanced much for months, animations, graphics and interface look very poor. Does this dev team have any previous successes? I think they may have bitten off more than they can chew.

So they still haven't sorted the walk through walls shit yet? Do we know if it's going to be patched mate?

No, they haven't patched that yet. The zombies aren't very good in the mod either.

The thing you have to do is take a step back and realise it's an early access alpha. It's a very basic game - which hopefully will improve with time. Too many fuckers on the net are crying about it - yet normally, a game in this state wouldn't be anywhere near public viewing.

No, they haven't patched that yet. The zombies aren't very good in the mod either.

The thing you have to do is take a step back and realise it's an early access alpha. It's a very basic game - which hopefully will improve with time. Too many fuckers on the net are crying about it - yet normally, a game in this state wouldn't be anywhere near public viewing.
It even says its alpha and not to play it if you expect the finished article. I don't mind personally because I appreciate how hard it is to make a game.

I suppose zombies are not really an issue when you have something to beat them up with. Each time I played it I was panicking then running like fuck :lol:

I wasn't aware of this. I'll give it another shot, but it hasn't grabbed me yet

Exactly. Basically players on it now playing are nothing but playtesters, so don't get hassled with any of it (you will die, alot, from bugs and daft things).

The zombies are the least of your worries. Atm as there is nothing much to do it's basically a game of survival against the other players and trying to find people you can trust against 99% of bandits on it who just shoot you for kicks.

Finally tooled up again on mine, went to the army base up the NW and got a gun and some gear. Then headed south (got lost as per and went on a 2 hour circle ffs!!!) and finally got to the coast. Didn't know there was a HUGE army camp at the bottom SW of the map with about 20-30 tents all full of stuff down there? Has that just been added? Not seen it before!?! So got a few more goodies whilst there.

Some bloke spawned on me when I was in a warehouse just along from the Army Camp. Was about to say hi when the tit opened fire, so killed him dead. Prick. Ruined all his gear tho as had to just spray like fuck. Just heading along the coast now and next to the airfiled further along the coast. Not sure where I am heading to!

I tried playing it again 2 nights ago and gave it a fair crack.

The main issue with this game is there isn't much to do, the controls are too complex for the average joe and there are loads of bugs. I was standing next to a zombie and he ignored me until I hit him. Then he killed me haha

There is a lot of aimless wandering and for me the developers still have a lot to do.

Don't get how so many say the controls are complex?!?! It's simple mouse and keyboard to move and look with a couple of keys to select inventory, stance, etc..

It's basic PC gaming that's been like that for as long as I can remember!?!

It does have a long way to go though, and the map will get more interesting as more is added, more players per server and then full on roaming zombies. Remember it's nowhere near being complete yet and we are playing the basics.

Downloading this now!

Almost shit myself when I was in a house and a zombie came f***ing sprinting in like :lol:

Only managed to find a backpack, rotten pepper and a fire extinguisher before about 4 zombies swamped me and killed me, think I need a bit more practice. :oops::lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

Managed to get on this again for a bit last night. Spotted some guy running about the Police Station. Got him to put his hands up and he dropped his gun (didn't even ask him to, seems the norm now!?). Told him im friendly and he can loot away as I'm off. So off I pop. Hmmm what's that following...him.

So I stop, point gun at him and tell him to go away and I sprint off around a building and wall in a few loops and lo and behold he is sprinting after me, this time getting closer and closer. So shot him. Dropped like a bag of spanners with broken legs and started whining that I shot him. Told him why and bandaged him up. Thought I had morphine on me but it was in some trousers that got shot up by some prick and when I took them off I cannot now put them on or get whats in them out...grrrr.

So spent 20 minutes looting the town trying to fix this guy up and eventually got him onto his feet. Now I notice he isn't bleeding and he pleads with me to bandage him. Hmmm I've seen this before, once bandaging you cannot do fuck all. But I'm a trustworthy person (silly me) so go and bandage him. Aaaaaand he tries to punch me out. Prick. But hey, had a feeling this was coming so I had positioned myself up some stairs a little and as far away as I could, so he swung loads and hit fuck all (his legs were still fucked so couldn't move after me).

Didn't last long after my bandage attempt had finished and an M4 pointed at his head. Told him he was a dick and his pathetic attempt to kill me had failed miserably. And blew his head off.

Feel like I just need to take it as one big deathmatch, that's basically all it is at the mo :neutral:

Managed to get on this again for a bit last night. Spotted some guy running about the Police Station. Got him to put his hands up and he dropped his gun (didn't even ask him to, seems the norm now!?). Told him im friendly and he can loot away as I'm off. So off I pop. Hmmm what's that following...him.

So I stop, point gun at him and tell him to go away and I sprint off around a building and wall in a few loops and lo and behold he is sprinting after me, this time getting closer and closer. So shot him. Dropped like a bag of spanners with broken legs and started whining that I shot him. Told him why and bandaged him up. Thought I had morphine on me but it was in some trousers that got shot up by some prick and when I took them off I cannot now put them on or get whats in them out...grrrr.

So spent 20 minutes looting the town trying to fix this guy up and eventually got him onto his feet. Now I notice he isn't bleeding and he pleads with me to bandage him. Hmmm I've seen this before, once bandaging you cannot do fuck all. But I'm a trustworthy person (silly me) so go and bandage him. Aaaaaand he tries to punch me out. Prick. But hey, had a feeling this was coming so I had positioned myself up some stairs a little and as far away as I could, so he swung loads and hit fuck all (his legs were still fucked so couldn't move after me).

Didn't last long after my bandage attempt had finished and an M4 pointed at his head. Told him he was a dick and his pathetic attempt to kill me had failed miserably. And blew his head off.

Feel like I just need to take it as one big deathmatch, that's basically all it is at the mo :neutral:

You're far too nice. I'd have shot the kernt for following me. :lol:

Have you been to Berezino recently? Full of bandits and the like, I don't know why all of a sudden but it's DM central... doesn't help when people have glitched mags now and again so they never have to reload. Not sure if they've fixed that yet.

Have you been to Berezino recently? Full of bandits and the like, I don't know why all of a sudden but it's DM central... doesn't help when people have glitched mags now and again so they never have to reload. Not sure if they've fixed that yet.

I'm there now. Went on a Dutch server and met 2 newly spawned Dutch lads running along the coast and we teamed up and headed there (picking up another lad on the way). Kept watch on them all the time as I was expecting them to kill me once they had weapons but they were pretty cool and we formed a team up.

Got into Berezino and within 5 mins it kicked off. Spotted 3-4 guys up the road who immediately darted into houses. We kept shouting we are friendly and to come out but they just kept popping out of places looking for a shot. Then one did, missed and was promptly gunned down by me. We then hunted his mates, and the lad I was with, who we had got a shotty for, steamed in and blew another ones legs off :lol: I could see him in a room with a half shut shutter so finished him off from the other side.

The gunshots seemed to draw LOADS of attention and before long there were other lads swarming about, shouting and looting the corpses we killed.

Then some prick came steaming up the street and let off some shots and hit me. He lasted about 2 seconds as I opened fire too. We all regrouped and scouted and looted up but then I had to log to go training. Felt sorry for the lads I had met up with not saying bye but I thought better to just sneak off and log in a room than announce I am going and having some dick run in and kill me whilst logging. So I left.

Guess that explains the sudden increase in hackers. f***ing hate people that cannot just play the game..

lol died about 5 times last night just in the spawn city to the far right trying to get some gear from spawning... Tits just shooting new spawns for no f***ing reason, they can see I have nowt on me and there was enough food lying about to feed an army so not like they needed any.

Last edited:
Played this again last night. Shite. Loads of running around, in 1st person cos it wouldn't switch to 3rd, finding fuck all. Eventually got a wrench, smashed a few heads in, but got bored so off it goes for another few month

Played this again last night. Shite. Loads of running around, in 1st person cos it wouldn't switch to 3rd, finding fuck all. Eventually got a wrench, smashed a few heads in, but got bored so off it goes for another few month
Did you join a hardcore server by any chance?

Did you join a hardcore server by any chance?

hahah guessing he did.

Have you even read into what you are doing? :lol: If you go joining a packed server thats been up for ages then people will have taken most of the gear. Spawn, load up the map and find where you are and then head up to one of the big cities and meet up with a few of the nutters that play it. It can be frustrating until you know where and what you are doing, but stick with it as it's worth it once you get a few people in a group.

Personally I find the new spawn bit the best bit, it gets shit and boring when you are geared up and scared of dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back