DayZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd love to give it a go but I'm only on console. I'm hoping it gets a console release at some point.

They've said a console release is probable but they're concentrating on the PC version first.

I was playing it at the weekend and me and some mates got ambushed and one of us was killed before the rest of us got the amusher. It wasn't too far from spawn so we sat and watched the body while he ran back to get his stuff. As we were sat there someone else came running right up to us (crazy fool), he looked like a newish spawn but you can't trust anyone in this game so handcuffed him to make sure he didn't try anything. There was some discussion as to whether we should force feed him disinfectant or rotten food for shits and giggles but in the end we decided to let him leave. It's the apocalypse so naturally we stole his ammo but we're nice guys so we gave him some food in return. Unfortunately as we went to take off his handcuffs someone accidentally shot him in the face, that was the end of that and one guy mistakenly thinking his gun had no ammo probably ruined the poor guys evening, its a harsh unforgiving game but that's what makes it so brilliant.

Is that the one you need ARMA for?

Had that one, thought it was shit. Though probably updated it loads since then?? Was jerky, unresponsive and was fuck all to do in it.

I've been tempted myself as it looks interesting but I might wait till it's fully released.

you'll be waiting a long time they said its not even going into beta in 2014
Is that the one you need ARMA for?

Had that one, thought it was shit. Though probably updated it loads since then?? Was jerky, unresponsive and was fuck all to do in it.

yes and no, they've now released it as a standalone game. I never played the mod but from what other people have said this is in way better shape even though its still in early alpha.

I have been trying and trying but I am f***ing shite at this. Yesterday, I was held up holding nothing more than a pipe wrench, the guy shoots at me and misses, then proceeds to handcuff me. At this point, he ordered me to sing him a song whilst he pointed an enfield at my head so I told him "I only have a pipe wrench you f***ing c**k, just kill me then".. he then injects me with something and leaves...I don't know what it was but I was sick, andmy vision was blurred making it unplayable. I had to wriggle out and I eventually jumped off the top of the fire station to do myself in.

:lol:

Nearly every time I start, I either - can't find enough food, enough water (although I tend to find pumps quite easily).. or then get done in by a zombie when I attempt to loot buildings in a town. Even then, there is fuck all loot in some of the towns too.

I have been trying and trying but I am f***ing shite at this. Yesterday, I was held up holding nothing more than a pipe wrench, the guy shoots at me and misses, then proceeds to handcuff me. At this point, he ordered me to sing him a song whilst he pointed an enfield at my head so I told him "I only have a pipe wrench you f***ing c**k, just kill me then".. he then injects me with something and leaves...I don't know what it was but I was sick, andmy vision was blurred making it unplayable. I had to wriggle out and I eventually jumped off the top of the fire station to do myself in.

:lol:

Nearly every time I start, I either - can't find enough food, enough water (although I tend to find pumps quite easily).. or then get done in by a zombie when I attempt to loot buildings in a town. Even then, there is fuck all loot in some of the towns too.

avoid the whole East coast, any loot gets taken straight away and there's a pretty high chance you'll get killed by some dick running round killing new spawns.

Check this map out
http://www.izurvive.com/

The 2 towns right in the middle are normally pretty good, you can sometimes get guns in the police stations and there's not normally many people there so its reasonably safe.

avoid the whole East coast, any loot gets taken straight away and there's a pretty high chance you'll get killed by some dick running round killing new spawns.

Check this map out
http://www.izurvive.com/

The 2 towns right in the middle are normally pretty good, you can sometimes get guns in the police stations and there's not normally many people there so its reasonably safe.

Yeah, the one time I did manage to get going a little bit I was looting towns in the middle like Dubrovka and stuff.. but think I got impatient and just ended up going for the NW airfield.. found a gun but was promptly M4'ed for no reason.. oh well. Trouble is, that I keep spawning on that East coast.. the only other spawn I've had was Cherno. I'm getting better at using the map and picking out where I've spawned, I am learning though!

The stories you hear are hilarious so far so hopefully it'll get better and i'll be tempted to play. Anyone tried Rust and is that much the same, what are the differences?

Think I will pick this up at some point in the future, looks pretty good from the footage Ive seen on youtube...especially at its still in Alpha

The stories you hear are hilarious so far so hopefully it'll get better and i'll be tempted to play. Anyone tried Rust and is that much the same, what are the differences?

Rust is basically like DayZ and Minecraft had a baby, also everyone starts out bollock naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back