DayZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will I need to just buy Dayz for that then? I would although I haven't even got my PC yet. :lol:

To play the mod you need arma 2, arma 2 operation arrowhead and a little gem of a program called dayz commander.
To play the standalone you just need to buy dayz on steam.

Dayz Epoch is the most popular gamemode at the moment which adds base building and other cool features.

Finally got back to playing this again as had some time. Loads changed since I left it, was wondering why it was looking so different on peoples vids I was watching!!

My fully loaded bloke got killed, booo! Kept hearing gunfire near one of the big cities but couldn't see anyone. After about 20 minutes looking around we bumped into each other head on. He had an M4 and I had a Mosin and he decided to shoot before any warning, chat or anything. Dead. Cooooont.

But, that free'd me up to not give a shit about losing my gear and had a blast. Met 2 German lads and they followed me into a city where we spawned and we started looting. Then one of them is following us crawling. Thinking he is playing we all start pissing about, only turned out he had broken his legs :lol: So off we went searching for a fix and I eventually found a hospital and some morphine so we got him back up (all the while trying to defend him from zombies and not hit him as he lay there).

Bumped into some Danish lass who was being attacked by zombies and unfortunately the German lad (who wasn't very good) accidentally knocked her unconscious with his axe. She then threatened allsorts on him from all her friends, so he looted her and stepped back to watch. I tried to bandage her but she bled out saying that her and the German bloke could have been so much more, could have been lovers and she was happy to die just knowing he was there with her :lol: wtf? People are f***ing nuts on this game haha

Got shot shortly after running up to the next town. Saw 2 loaded up lads so hid behind a wall. They started searching for me and didn't give any shouts or anything so just guessed they would kill me. One ran past and I buried my axe in his head. He ran off pissing blood and I ran after him hitting him a few more times. Must have been mic'd up tho as his mate came flying out and sprayed bullets at me. Dead.

Have they killed the axe damage? Takes ages to kill zombies (if you dont smack em right in the head) and players with it now.

Ran back to get my corpse and look for the pricks but they had ran off. Didn't have much on my bloke and most of it he ruined with his gunfire, the dick!

Got a shotty now and a mosin with no ammo, hopefully will get a bit blast on it tonight when I get in. Really enjoying it again on the 40 man servers and more loot being around.

Been watching a few vids. Have a look for ThingsWePlay and his Psycho one, funny as fuck!

Also watched a bit 2MGoverCsquared as she is hot :D She proper freaks out when she sees players. Her b/f is a complete nobend tho (Goldglove or summit, what a f***ing prick, so batting WAY above his average!).

:lol: That'll be my brother, bit weird seeing his name on here :lol:

:lol: Met him last night. I'd just been shot and respawned and we had a run about together up the airfield to try and get me some gear before I had to log off to go train. Gave me a pistol to get going. Canny lad, added to friends. Hopefully can get more of us together and blasting about.

My playtimes are fucked at the mo tho with training and the wifey, so hard for me to get groups and stick with them on a regular basis :confused:

:lol: Met him last night. I'd just been shot and respawned and we had a run about together up the airfield to try and get me some gear before I had to log off to go train. Gave me a pistol to get going. Canny lad, added to friends. Hopefully can get more of us together and blasting about.

My playtimes are fucked at the mo tho with training and the wifey, so hard for me to get groups and stick with them on a regular basis :confused:

:lol: I'll let him know mate, think he's the same with not having as much time atm. I play it from time to time, mainly when it first came out, was waiting for bit for some more stuff to be added.

I bought Dayz standalone on steam a few months ago, I played it twice and couldnt get used to the controls! Sooooo hard!

One of my attempts, I wandered round with nothing but clothing on my back trying to loot stuff. Only I found a zombie that ran through walls and shit to eat me. Needless to say it didn't end well :lol:

Question is, shall I give it another go?

I bought Dayz standalone on steam a few months ago, I played it twice and couldnt get used to the controls! Sooooo hard!

One of my attempts, I wandered round with nothing but clothing on my back trying to loot stuff. Only I found a zombie that ran through walls and shit to eat me. Needless to say it didn't end well :lol:

Question is, shall I give it another go?

i'd say its probably worth giving it another go maybe look at a couple of you tube vids maybe to get an idea https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbivvwPkudpfWrLQHGHQyw.

Think they've added a decent amount more, i'm sure some of the lads on here would help ya

i'd say its probably worth giving it another go maybe look at a couple of you tube vids maybe to get an idea https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbivvwPkudpfWrLQHGHQyw.

Think they've added a decent amount more, i'm sure some of the lads on here would help ya
Cheers Sull. I will try it again over the weekend and see if I can get going.

I love the concept! I recently bought a logitech G13 pad to macro and use the thumbstick on it for movement (instead of wsad). Coming from console I am only starting to get to grips with everything, but Dayz is by far the most complex control system I have tried.

Sounds like this is canny. My mate at work kept going on about it for months, he's got his own server running now or something anarl.

How does it work?

Sounds like this is canny. My mate at work kept going on about it for months, he's got his own server running now or something anarl.

How does it work?
Think Walking Dead and you are not far off. Zombies on the loose, looting for gear and real people that you cant trust :lol:

What have they added/updated? Havnt been on in months

Few more guns, loads of new loot, oh and a crossbow so you can daryl dixon people. You can even stick a scope on it. Zombies can still run through walls which isn't ideal... they've also made them harder to kill if you hit their body.

More areas and I think theyre starting to add little bits and bobs so you can hunt animals.
Your clothes can even get wet in the rain which is pretty cool.

Vehicles and base building will be a long way off.

make sure you all get together, games decent by yourself but is so much better in a group especially when the 100 man servers are more prevalent

Finally picked this up. I'm enjoying it despite dying in the dark in a farmhouse to a zombie I couldn't see minutes after getting some nice clothes & a backpack & pickaxe at what I assume was some sort of military airfield.

Is it just me, or is there some loot that's bugged and you can't pick it up or interact with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back