Day Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the pistol and tent in a tiny storage shed in some docks at the back end of a big city / town. There was a canny few buildings to go in nearby so I checked them all and got some food/drinks/medicine

I then nicked off into the country side and checked a few barns etc, found a shotgun and some more food in a barn a few miles into the country side. I'm checking everywhere I find now, if i aggro any zombies I've got guns to sort them out

I think I might set my tent up near the barn with the rifles then I can take them all and store them in the tent ready to dish out if I meet up with anyone else. Use the tent as a 'base' and fill it with supplies, not sure how much stuff you can get in a tent though

Be careful with tents mate - i dont think they are persistent across servers.

Do you have to buy ARMA or can you use a "trial version" of it?

The only bit you "need" is operation arrowhead (which is 14.99 on steam). you can use that with the free version but you dont get the High res graphics. I just bought the arma 2 combined ops i think it was for £24.99 on steam and then used the sixupdater thing and it installs Dayz for you and keeps it updated.

I've been doing some scouting the dayz forums and found this:

http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

might come in handy for people just starting out and need to try and get their bearings.

I'm getting this later like, after playing golf. my lass can fuck off!

The only bit you "need" is operation arrowhead (which is 14.99 on steam). you can use that with the free version but you dont get the High res graphics. I just bought the arma 2 combined ops i think it was for £24.99 on steam and then used the sixupdater thing and it installs Dayz for you and keeps it updated.

I've been doing some scouting the dayz forums and found this:

http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

might come in handy for people just starting out and need to try and get their bearings.

Quality that like mate, just need to find out where I am on the map then I'm going to stock up as much as I can. Once I have at least 1 survivor buddy I might see about fixing a car

sorry for being a dummy, but to play this game do you just have to buy the £25 RMA II: Combined Operations?

sorry for being a dummy, but to play this game do you just have to buy the £25 RMA II: Combined Operations?

That's what I did mate, £25 off steam. I think that you can get Arma 2 for free then Operation Arrowhead for £14.99 which would do the trick.

Can anyone confirm this???

any of you lads up for teamspeak later?

We might spawn not too far away from each other, people only spawn on the coast anyway, i'm assuming?

i'll be on this game all evening and check back here to see if anyonw is up for a session.

That's what I did mate, £25 off steam. I think that you can get Arma 2 for free then Operation Arrowhead for £14.99 which would do the trick.

Can anyone confirm this???

Got both off Amazon for 20 quid (Arma 2 Joint Ops thing).

There was an american download for cheaper but bottled it, dunno why yank stuff is ok on PC's :neutral:

ahhh, steam. My old nemesis. How I loathed you for years during the Counter Strike days.

Right lads, put your Steam ID's in here

Getting a bit better now and I joined a steamgroup via the dayz forums called "dayz uk players"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back