Day Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadly only played it a little (owing to being a new dad), but its ace. Very atmospheric and perma-death means you value things properly.

I thought this sounded great when i first heard about it but i spoke to a mate who plays it and he reckons there's too much griefing going on to the point where its more of a deathmatch than any sort of survival game.

A permadeath deathmatch sounds like a recipe for rage to me.

I thought this sounded great when i first heard about it but i spoke to a mate who plays it and he reckons there's too much griefing going on to the point where its more of a deathmatch than any sort of survival game.

A permadeath deathmatch sounds like a recipe for rage to me.

In my short time playing, I've never once been shot at by another player. I've watched as other players have battled each-other and I've also once joined up with another player to journey together briefly.

Got this yesterday and had a couple of hours on it, I think it's class but I'm not very good so far. The longest I've lasted is about 20 mins. Think I've had about 3 lives so far

Go 1: Spawned near the coast and started to run, didnt know how to crouch so was eaten off Zombies straight away

Go 2: Spawned near a little village, used global chat to ask about some of the buttons and set off into the village. Went into a small shop to collect a few supplies. Heard gunshots so looked out of the window and saw 2 dudes on a rooftop fighting zombies, they lasted a little while before dying.

Had a mooch over there to pinch their stuff, got a new gun and some ammo. Fell off roof trying to get down and knocked myself out before being eaten off zombies

Go 3: Spawned on an Island (I think). Had a go at working out the back pack before spending 10 mins swimming to some docks. Went into a building to get some stuff then clicked on I'd left my backpack on the floor before swimming over. Got bit but bandages were in bag I no longer had, eventually got knocked out due to lack of blood before ............. being eaten off Zombies

Last edited:
Got this yesterday and had a couple of hours on it, I think it's class but I'm not very good so far. The longest I've lasted is about 20 mins. Think I've had about 3 lives so far

Go 1: Spawned near the coast and started to run, didnt know how to crouch so was eaten off Zombies straight away

Go 2: Spawned near a little village, used global chat to ask about some of the buttons and set off into the village. Went into a small shop to collect a few supplies. Heard gunshots so looked out of the window and saw 2 dudes on a rooftop fighting zombies, they lasted a little while before dying.

Had a mooch over there to pinch their stuff, got a new gun and some ammo. Fell off roof trying to get down and knocked myself out before being eaten off zombies

Go 3: Spawned on an Island (I think). Had a go at working out the back pack before spending 10 mins swimming to some docks. Went into a building to get some stuff then clicked on I'd left my backpack on the floor before swimming over. Got bit but bandages were in bag I no longer had, eventually got knocked out due to lack of blood before ............. being eaten off Zombies

:lol: Class

Just downloading it all now, better be good. Mate says its mint.

Meant to be buggy as fk, and hoping its got better as I had to turn ARMA 2 off after about 20 minutes on it as it played like shite when I tried it ages ago. Bloke seemed to move like a robot and aiming was like turning the titanic.

is it free or do i have to pay a sub for it??

The actual Mod is free but you need to have Arma 2: Combined Operations which is on Steam for about £25.

I think it's mint but I often do this with stuff, think something is class and play it loads for a few days / a week then never go back (Minecraft was the last thing I dod this with)

Had a go earlier before I went to the town and was on about 40 mins. Looted a shipyard then a few farm houses before going into a massive city. Found a Hospital and there were loads of player bodies there so I looted them all

There was that much stuff I couldnt decide what to take, finally made my decisions and went to leave as I thought people would come and kill me for all my stuff with it being a major city. Walked out the door and some twat shot me in the face and killed me. I hope he gets the shits off the tins of beans he no doubt looted from my body

:lol: Class

Just downloading it all now, better be good. Mate says its mint.

Meant to be buggy as fk, and hoping its got better as I had to turn ARMA 2 off after about 20 minutes on it as it played like shite when I tried it ages ago. Bloke seemed to move like a robot and aiming was like turning the titanic.

I had this problem despite having a class PC (Can play Witcher 2 on highest etc). Put the graphics to medium and its been ok since, still looks ok as well

I had this problem despite having a class PC (Can play Witcher 2 on highest etc). Put the graphics to medium and its been ok since, still looks ok as well

It runs fine, even with everything full blast, it's just the game mechanics makes your bloke feel clunky and like a robot.

Had a blast, was lasting canny long and took out about 10 zombies. Then walking through a town and some prick from nowhere decides to shoot me to fuck. I was bleeding to death anyway from the zombies so one hit n dead.

Sure the fucker then claimed he had taken out a bandit as someone said it just after I got shot. Wanker.

Wouldnt let me create a new gadgey n been trying to get on servers ever since :evil:

I wanna shoot zombies not other players, twats.

is / key to chat in global to everyone?

Also, wtf is the servers with 0 zombies in? Just PvP shite? How the fk can I tell before spending all that time joining em?

Last edited:
It runs fine, even with everything full blast, it's just the game mechanics makes your bloke feel clunky and like a robot.

Had a blast, was lasting canny long and took out about 10 zombies. Then walking through a town and some prick from nowhere decides to shoot me to fuck. I was bleeding to death anyway from the zombies so one hit n dead.

Sure the fucker then claimed he had taken out a bandit as someone said it just after I got shot. Wanker.

Wouldnt let me create a new gadgey n been trying to get on servers ever since :evil:

I wanna shoot zombies not other players, twats.

is / key to chat in global to everyone?

Also, wtf is the servers with 0 zombies in? Just PvP shite? How the fk can I tell before spending all that time joining em?

There are a few different chat channels, 'global' is the only one where I've had a response from.

Some people just do that. I've been on a couple of hours now and have been players killed 3 times. I was sitting in a warehouse for ages with 1 bloke and we were sharing out the supplies. Went to leave and he shot me in the back

I'm still not shooting anyone though as I want to team up with people

I'm a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming so I googled Day Z yesterday and got this thread

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2085

I downloaded that Six Shooter thing and it helps me find UK servers, been using that this afternoon after I figured out how it works

If anyone fancies this we should try and get a group together then if any other fucker shoots me I'll have some mates to chin them!!!

Last edited:
There are a few different chat channels, 'global' is the only one where I've had a response from.

Some people just do that. I've been on a couple of hours now and have been players killed 3 times. I was sitting in a warehouse for ages with 1 bloke and we were sharing out the supplies. Went to leave and he shot me in the back

I'm still not shooting anyone though as I want to team up with people

I'm a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming so I googled Day Z yesterday and got this thread

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2085

I downloaded that Six Shooter thing and it helps me find UK servers, been using that this afternoon after I figured out how it works

If anyone fancies this we should try and get a group together then if any other fucker shoots me I'll have some mates to chin them!!!

Aye just dont get the player killing, not hard to spend 10 mins to find a tin of beans. Guess some people just have it in em to be twats.

Yeah got that 6shooter thing, just searched for regular which then filtered out all the more hardcore shite.

Just died again, ran out of bullets and found an army base and not 1 bit of ammo in the fucker. Found some assault rifles but couldnt take one.. So legged it to some hangers and some dick started shooting me as I was legging from a zombie (blew my leg off or summit as I kept falling owwa lol). Locked myself in a crate lol but the zombie just wouldn't go away. Logged to get some scan and logged back in and saw a guy sitting in the corner. Walked over and he done nowt to me. Thought ok cool.

Zombie runs in from nowhere and starts lashing me to fuck, guy just watches. Still got no ammo. Run about a bit lock myself in crate (lol) and zombie goes for him, he kills it in few shots. Cool. Nother zombie runs in, hide in crate, it beats me to death through the crate... He does fk all...

Only had like 2 tins of beans, a crossbow (no ammo) and a can of pepsi or summit on me and few bandages.

Aye just dont get the player killing, not hard to spend 10 mins to find a tin of beans. Guess some people just have it in em to be twats.

Yeah got that 6shooter thing, just searched for regular which then filtered out all the more hardcore shite.

Just died again, ran out of bullets and found an army base and not 1 bit of ammo in the fucker. Found some assault rifles but couldnt take one.. So legged it to some hangers and some dick started shooting me as I was legging from a zombie (blew my leg off or summit as I kept falling owwa lol). Locked myself in a crate lol but the zombie just wouldn't go away. Logged to get some scan and logged back in and saw a guy sitting in the corner. Walked over and he done nowt to me. Thought ok cool.

Zombie runs in from nowhere and starts lashing me to fuck, guy just watches. Still got no ammo. Run about a bit lock myself in crate (lol) and zombie goes for him, he kills it in few shots. Cool. Nother zombie runs in, hide in crate, it beats me to death through the crate... He does fk all...

Only had like 2 tins of beans, a crossbow (no ammo) and a can of pepsi or summit on me and few bandages.

:lol:

I did something similar earlier on, hid for ages as I'd ran out of ammo and had lost to much blood so had blurry vision. In the end I came out of hiding and ran about 2 mile with loads of zombies chasing me, gave up and let them eat me

My current game is class. Started on the coast like everyones does and decided to head inland rather than the straight to the nearest group of buildings. Ran through the woods for yonks and found a few farm villages to stock up (got a rifle in one of them). Currently at some sort of castle and I have loads of supplies

If I see anyone I'm going to avoid them due to me having loads of stuff, I keep using direct chat to say "hello" or "anybody there" but not had an answer yet

I want to team up with others but once you get some decent stuff you just get paranoid that anyone you meet will kill you

WTF is with the darkness?

I might as well shut my eyes and play, I literally CANNOT see f***ing anything. Might as well turn my monitor off, I'd see just as much. Gamma and brightness does fk all too.

Now I'm all for making it scarey, but not seeing ANYTHING!?!?! Unplayable. Gave up.

Guess I need to find a day only server?

I might as well shut my eyes and play, I literally CANNOT see f***ing anything. Might as well turn my monitor off, I'd see just as much. Gamma and brightness does fk all too.

Now I'm all for making it scarey, but not seeing ANYTHING!?!?! Unplayable. Gave up.

Think so mate, will it not be daytime now in America though? If so USA server on a night, Uk one during the day.

Judging by the videos it seems playable if you are in a city at night time but not if you are somewhere else. Means I'm fucked as I'm in the middle of a forest

There are chem lights and flares etc you can use but I bet people don't last 2 mins with those. Might as well be running about with a fuck off sign saying shoot me

Watched loads of videos on this, looks class.

It is mate, it's hard to explain but it's class. You don't do an awful lot apart from loot and run about but there's a "things can go tits up at any moment" atmosphere to it

Really addictive, would be tremendous if you can get on with a group

There is no power, so it'll be dark outside, I quite like that in a game. But isn't the in game time supposed to be the same time as it in real life for the people playing? So when you play at night, it's night in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back