Day Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need the Operation Arrowhead expansion as well, or for those that don't have Arma 2 at all there's something called Combined Operations that has the base game and the expansion.

I got it working without the base game just used the free edition.

Dont know if its my laptop or not but my game keeps freezing anyone else having that problem?

Must be missing something with this game now!?!?

Spend my time walking about lost, finding buildings that look really intesting and taking ages to sneak in (or fight zombies to get in) and find fk all there or you can't even go inside.

Just played for an hour and no sooner do I get a building in my vision zombies all steam out and kick me to fk, crazy amounts of aggro and nothing you can do as all I have is a bandage. Just sit n die (again).

Even with a gun, find myself mooching about without much to really do. Is there much to do?

Seems vastly overrated from playing today. Is there more to just sneaking about trying to find a gun/beans?

Stuff like this is why Ive gradually stopped playing console games over the past few years.

You get a far greater range of games on PC and a much more in depth playing experience than console games, which are generally far more formulaic due to the high production values needed to sell a game on a home console. Plus mods of course.

Sadly my gaming laptop is a few years old and would likely kill itself trying to run ARMA 2 :neutral: Hopefully I can get a solid new one in the next year or so.

Argggg crazy aggro.

Found a barn that I could go in (f***ing GETTIN FINALLY....) and had a 12 gauge in. By this time ive aggro'd every f***ing thing in the vicinity and had to shoot em as they all came up the stairs after me. Half health but alive n had bandage to stop dying.

Saw bloke outside who I think was just waiting for me to shoot him, I could see the fear in his eyes as he stood crouched behind a chopping block hoping I had not spotted him :lol: Told him shotgun inside for him and off he went. Not a thanks or fk all and vanished from sight. Died not long later as I saw his name popup, no idea where he went.

So off I toddles up the road, nother barn with crossbow n bolts in. Dont need to so toddle further. BANG, zombie smacking me about from nowhere again (fkn whats up with aggro????) so shoot it once, dead. Cue about 20 zombies from all owwa the shop steaming at me!! Took out about 7 of em before then knocked me to the deck and eat me :lol:

Twats, back to square one when I can be arsed to play again :mad:

Argggg crazy aggro.

Found a barn that I could go in (f***ing GETTIN FINALLY....) and had a 12 gauge in. By this time ive aggro'd every f***ing thing in the vicinity and had to shoot em as they all came up the stairs after me. Half health but alive n had bandage to stop dying.

Saw bloke outside who I think was just waiting for me to shoot him, I could see the fear in his eyes as he stood crouched behind a chopping block hoping I had not spotted him :lol: Told him shotgun inside for him and off he went. Not a thanks or fk all and vanished from sight. Died not long later as I saw his name popup, no idea where he went.

So off I toddles up the road, nother barn with crossbow n bolts in. Dont need to so toddle further. BANG, zombie smacking me about from nowhere again (fkn whats up with aggro????) so shoot it once, dead. Cue about 20 zombies from all owwa the shop steaming at me!! Took out about 7 of em before then knocked me to the deck and eat me :lol:

Twats, back to square one when I can be arsed to play again :mad:

Think you have to be a bit more sneaky mate - ive been reading the forums and gunshots can alert them to your position and they come after you.

I'm just on downloading this off steam now.

id buy this if my laptop wasnt so shit and it didnt cost so much...:lol:

its entertaining reading these stories though. More are needed =D

Well finally got on and i have seemed to wander about - seen a few zeds, got chased off a couple but found nowt so respawned... straight into the path of 3 zeds who pretty much chased me all ower and then kicked me to fuck.

Will give it more time though.

Agree with Giddup's earlier post, it's rock at the start. Every single one of my games will go something like this:

- Spawn near coast and will have a look for the nearest town / village
- Will be Sam Fisher esque sneaking about, find nowt but still manage to aggro between 5-8 zombies
- Leg it from said zombies straight to nearest hill, will probably take some damage but will lose them
- Get lost in woods
- Find small village and will sneak in to find nowt but will aggro 5-8 zombies
- Run away but take a bit more damage in doing so
- Get lost in woods
- Find small village with a barn, aggro zombies on way in but find shotgun and kill zombies
- Have no bandages left and will bleed to death whilst lost in woods

I still think it could be a canny game but it's almost as if it wants you to stay prone and crawl about everywhere, I'm not doing that like.

Meeting up with other survivors has to be the way forward, you just can't survive on your own unless you are lucky as fuck

A thoroughly interesting read lads :) great stuff but I have massive reservations about getting involved with this and i'll explain why.

Before that, question. Does the DLC you have to buy have a serial number?
If not, you could buy ARMA2 and DL the DLC, get the mod and get playing for the price of ARMA2 alone.

Back to the game as i've watched a few vids on this mod.

The concept is fantastic as i'm not a MMORPG player at all. I like the fact it's survival based but is there an leveling up? IF not, that's crap. More inventory slots, health, ammo slots are a given in htis sort of game but I suspect there is no levelling up or ACTUAL point to point mission objectives.

I'm always up for zombie bashing but the only achievement to be had is actually avoiding wankers online out to rob you, great.....

I could see myself getting bored, frustrated of sneaking around for a few hours only to be killed inevitably, that's not my idea of fun.

What IS my idea of fun is this. Despite the games poor looking graphics and the fact the zombies movements are laughable and can't be taken seriously. I would play this as long as a few of us committed to joining up at the same time online so we stand a chance of knocking about for a few hours before joining up again a t a later date. I'm not interested in logging in, sneaking about to no avail just to get killed.

An smb group that will have the time to play a few hours at an agreed time then yes. If not, i'm staying well clear but will enjoy reading the stories on here ;)

A thoroughly interesting read lads :) great stuff but I have massive reservations about getting involved with this and i'll explain why.

Before that, question. Does the DLC you have to buy have a serial number?
If not, you could buy ARMA2 and DL the DLC, get the mod and get playing for the price of ARMA2 alone.

Back to the game as i've watched a few vids on this mod.

The concept is fantastic as i'm not a MMORPG player at all. I like the fact it's survival based but is there an leveling up? IF not, that's crap. More inventory slots, health, ammo slots are a given in htis sort of game but I suspect there is no levelling up or ACTUAL point to point mission objectives.

I'm always up for zombie bashing but the only achievement to be had is actually avoiding wankers online out to rob you, great.....

I could see myself getting bored, frustrated of sneaking around for a few hours only to be killed inevitably, that's not my idea of fun.

What IS my idea of fun is this. Despite the games poor looking graphics and the fact the zombies movements are laughable and can't be taken seriously. I would play this as long as a few of us committed to joining up at the same time online so we stand a chance of knocking about for a few hours before joining up again a t a later date. I'm not interested in logging in, sneaking about to no avail just to get killed.

An smb group that will have the time to play a few hours at an agreed time then yes. If not, i'm staying well clear but will enjoy reading the stories on here ;)

Probably the only way I'll end up playing long term like, would be good if we could get something set up

Agree with Giddup's earlier post, it's rock at the start. Every single one of my games will go something like this:

- Spawn near coast and will have a look for the nearest town / village
- Will be Sam Fisher esque sneaking about, find nowt but still manage to aggro between 5-8 zombies
- Leg it from said zombies straight to nearest hill, will probably take some damage but will lose them
- Get lost in woods
- Find small village and will sneak in to find nowt but will aggro 5-8 zombies
- Run away but take a bit more damage in doing so
- Get lost in woods
- Find small village with a barn, aggro zombies on way in but find shotgun and kill zombies
- Have no bandages left and will bleed to death whilst lost in woods

I still think it could be a canny game but it's almost as if it wants you to stay prone and crawl about everywhere, I'm not doing that like.

Meeting up with other survivors has to be the way forward, you just can't survive on your own unless you are lucky as fuck

Kinda way its going for me too and that bit in bold sums it up perfect. Don't mind sneaking about to get in places but im not crawling about everywhere and taking 2 hours to mooch to a barn. Aint got the time or will for that. Let us leg about and sneak WHEN we need to sneak.

Does my nut in too when I see some fantastic building with loads of zeds outside and loads of military bodies all over. Think to myself ooooo fuck me gotta be summit nice in here. Take ages getting in, and still aggro loads of zeds crawling in, and whats there? A can of fuel and 2 empty cans. Gerrin!?!

Having a decent game here, spawned in the south west corner and have been to 3 towns looting some bait and pop and that. On my way to Cherno which is the biggest town in the game, as soon as I find a pistol and a rifle I'm f***ing off into the country side

Server has just packed in, hope it spawns me in the same place

Having a decent game here, spawned in the south west corner and have been to 3 towns looting some bait and pop and that. On my way to Cherno which is the biggest town in the game, as soon as I find a pistol and a rifle I'm f***ing off into the country side

Server has just packed in, hope it spawns me in the same place

Shall we?

I'm donwloading now from Steam £25 but wont have it till later tonight, could be an awesome weekend this! With at least two/three of us we stand a chance of getting some decent gear and not having to tippy tappy about all day. You can use hatchets too now so i'll be "melee man", will need a lot of bandages like! I'll just use a sniper rifle and shotgune as back up, sod the pistol.

If we have a session get on Teamspeak so it cuts out the typing. I know a few servers we can use for nowt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding this proper solid. Had 3 lives up to now and still not found a gun. Keep
getting knacked of zombies!! Tried to make a run for the hills but the fuckers caught me and brayed me all ower. If we can a group on at the same time it might be canny.

I'm up and running, died a lot so far as i've no gun etc!?!

Anyone around later for a bit of co-op action?

I assume if a couple of us join at the same time we will spawn at the same place?

I'm up and running, died a lot so far as i've no gun etc!?!

Anyone around later for a bit of co-op action?

I assume if a couple of us join at the same time we will spawn at the same place?

Nope, we can't join as a group (as far as I know), we'd have to join the same server then try and find each other. I might be on tonight depending on how long I stay out for after work. I'll be at least half cut like so I'll probably be running about trying to Rambo all the zombies. Will be on over the weekend though

I'm having a proper decent game now. I've got a decent collection of bait / pop / medicine etc. I've got a pistol and a shotgun and I saved it / logged off in a barn where there are 3 rifles

I even have a compass, hatchet and tent so was planning to camp out near ish a big town so I could keep going down to get stuff. Only downside is I have no idea where I am on the map

If we can get a few of us in the same server I reckon the best plan would be to find the nearest town, use the Arma 2 map (google it) it to find out where you are then travel to me as there are guns here, I'll have to find out where I am first like

I'm finding this proper solid. Had 3 lives up to now and still not found a gun. Keep
getting knacked of zombies!! Tried to make a run for the hills but the fuckers caught me and brayed me all ower. If we can a group on at the same time it might be canny.

It is mate, you need a bit of luck at the start when finding things. If you aggro zombies the best advice I can give is stand up to leg it even though you'll alert more and run to the nearest hill. They have to slow right down when climbing so you'll lose them

Making some progress on getting an SMB group going judging by how the thread is going

Nope, we can't join as a group (as far as I know), we'd have to join the same server then try and find each other. I might be on tonight depending on how long I stay out for after work. I'll be at least half cut like so I'll probably be running about trying to Rambo all the zombies. Will be on over the weekend though

I'm having a proper decent game now. I've got a decent collection of bait / pop / medicine etc. I've got a pistol and a shotgun and I saved it / logged off in a barn where there are 3 rifles

I even have a compass, hatchet and tent so was planning to camp out near ish a big town so I could keep going down to get stuff. Only downside is I have no idea where I am on the map

If we can get a few of us in the same server I reckon the best plan would be to find the nearest town, use the Arma 2 map (google it) it to find out where you are then travel to me as there are guns here, I'll have to find out where I am first like

It is mate, you need a bit of luck at the start when finding things. If you aggro zombies the best advice I can give is stand up to leg it even though you'll alert more and run to the nearest hill. They have to slow right down when climbing so you'll lose them

Making some progress on getting an SMB group going judging by how the thread is going

How the ferk did you find guns?? I just keep mouching about whilst finding absolutely fuck all :lol:

How the ferk did you find guns?? I just keep mouching about whilst finding absolutely fuck all :lol:

I found the pistol and tent in a tiny storage shed in some docks at the back end of a big city / town. There was a canny few buildings to go in nearby so I checked them all and got some food/drinks/medicine

I then nicked off into the country side and checked a few barns etc, found a shotgun and some more food in a barn a few miles into the country side. I'm checking everywhere I find now, if i aggro any zombies I've got guns to sort them out

I think I might set my tent up near the barn with the rifles then I can take them all and store them in the tent ready to dish out if I meet up with anyone else. Use the tent as a 'base' and fill it with supplies, not sure how much stuff you can get in a tent though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back