David Sullivan and West Ham player 'threatened by agent'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we could all come together to think of the tiny minority of rich and successful players who don't have agents to argue our point.

I promise not to bring up the vast majority that do. I promise.

In show business, thats called a manager and their wages are paid for by the person who hires them not by the company who hires the act.

Should be a cap and clubs should not be allowed to pay agents at all. Monies comes from player only

If they dont wanna pay his wages surely what he did was a sackable offence?

Not sure about the cap but the agent contract should be with the player not the club.

Never transferred clubs and both quality players whose club appreciated their value

Wonder if that was helped by somebody not pushing for a Kbytes contract or a more to make some more money out of them. Anelka is a prime example of moves bring driven by the agent for his means.

And if your boss stopped you from moving to a new job, how would you feel?

Footballers are not some sort of contract-slaves you know, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Although the clubs paying the agents are just idiots. Read Simon Jordans book for more on that!

My Uncles mate is/was Ashley Coles agent(He is a south african Jew).(And I now seem to recall Kerion Dyer too) And he was one of the biggest fcking pricks I have ever met!!!!!!

And why the need to mention he is a Jew?

Not sure about the cap but the agent contract should be with the player not the club.

It would have to go hand in hand as players would start asking for clubs to pay them to cover the agent fees such as stuff like signing bonus' etc. Things need to be done properly and strictly from the start or they find a way round it. See the ffp and man citys sponsorship with etihad

My Uncles mate is/was Ashley Coles agent(He is a south african Jew).(And I now seem to recall Kerion Dyer too) And he was one of the biggest fcking pricks I have ever met!!!!!!

Jonathan Barnett?? also agents for Wayne Bridge etc

And if your boss stopped you from moving to a new job, how would you feel?

Footballers are not some sort of contract-slaves you know, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Although the clubs paying the agents are just idiots. Read Simon Jordans book for more on that!

And why the need to mention he is a Jew?

its a fair point, maybe he thinks being south african and jewish is a potent mix

Clubs have always hated agents, but they lost the moral high ground when they started using agents themselves

Footballers should be paying "their" agents

Clubs have always hated agents, but they lost the moral high ground when they started using agents themselves

This is also true, and the only time an agent should receive any fee from a club.

If an agent received his commission from his clients wages, rather than receiving a "one off" fee every time his player moved clubs, signed a new contract etc then a lot of the problems would be stamped out.

It would have to go hand in hand as players would start asking for clubs to pay them to cover the agent fees such as stuff like signing bonus' etc. Things need to be done properly and strictly from the start or they find a way round it. See the ffp and man citys sponsorship with etihad

You're probably right but the rate should be set by the market, i.e. the clubs or players telling them to piss off if they want too much.

I have heard similar before, Like order me a washing maching and dishwasher ect.

This all day long, Its about time somebody stood up to these fuckers. So much money going to all the wrong people within the game...!

And the fans get ?

Nothing.............

this is what bugs me, fair play to WBA for standing up to him, but what have they achieved? nothing.

the club hate him, the fans hate him and he hates the club, so what happens now? he rots in the reserves and when the season is over, he get sold or released (released very unlikely)

so who wins out of all of this......him, thats what he wanted even if it took 6 months more for it to happen.:evil:

You've obviously never been to South Africa, otherwise you would have never made such a stupid comment

No, I've never met a nice South African
And that's not bloody surprising, man
'Cos they're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths
With no sense of humour (hah-hah-hah).

No, I've never met a nice South African
And that's not bloody surprising, man
'Cos they're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths
With no sense of humour (hah-hah-hah).

Speaking of ignorant loudmouths

This! I've worked with tons over here. Ugh ;)

I've lived in South Africa for the last 10 years and find them the friendliest most helpful people around. You must obviously bring out the worst in people. Maybe you should take a close look at yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back