David Sullivan and West Ham player 'threatened by agent'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FA should be cancelling Peter Odemwingie contract and FIFA should be barring him from playing for the next 3 seasons.

Things like this cannot continue.

don't agree. They should be banning his agent. They'd sharp tidy the game up if they acted every time an agent misleads a client. Genuinely believe his agent was so desperate for an extra pay-day he'd pretty much got the deal sorted before the clubs had agreed anything to save time and avoid missing the deadline.

Good point at the end of article.

Hats off to West Brom for not caving in. A few more chairmen and managers with that attitude wouldn't go amiss.

thing is WBA are now left paying the wages of an unhappy player mislead by vile agents and shitcunts like Redknapp.

what have WBA got out of this?

don't agree. They should be banning his agent. They'd sharp tidy the game up if they acted every time an agent misleads a client. Genuinely believe his agent was so desperate for an extra pay-day he'd pretty much got the deal sorted before the clubs had agreed anything to save time and avoid missing the deadline.

harry will have told him get yourself down here and force the move

I really doing understand why they need agents for football matters. Let the PFA lawyers handle all football contracts they players can have agents just for commercial work.

In show business, thats called a manager and their wages are paid for by the person who hires them not by the company who hires the act.

Should be a cap and clubs should not be allowed to pay agents at all. Monies comes from player only

thing is WBA are now left paying the wages of an unhappy player mislead by vile agents and shitcunts like Redknapp.

what have WBA got out of this?

If they dont wanna pay his wages surely what he did was a sackable offence?

Good point at the end of article.

Hats off to West Brom for not caving in. A few more chairmen and managers with that attitude wouldn't go amiss.

They did 'cave in', it just that Hoilett didn't want to be part of the deal.

If they dont wanna pay his wages surely what he did was a sackable offence?

Even if true, why would they make him a free agent? He's a saleable asset with a year and half before he's eligible to leave for nowt.

Why do they need agents anyway? Ryan Giggs has never had one and he's done alright hasn't he!

I'm really not a fan of football agents and I hate the fact that so much money is going out of the game .... However, the giggs and scholes examples are a bit special. Never transferred clubs and both quality players whose club appreciated their value

Giggs has had an agent for his whole career. His name is Harry Swales.

Really!:eek: Well where have I got that from!:lol: sure when I read Alex Ferguson's autobiography he said giggs has negotiated all of his contracts by himself? Scholes got an agent? I'm baffled now!:lol:

I'm really not a fan of football agents and I hate the fact that so much money is going out of the game .... However, the giggs and scholes examples are a bit special. Never transferred clubs and both quality players whose club appreciated their value

Surely though mate that footballers have a mind of their own and can sort their own careers out?

Scholes has the same agent as Giggs.

Well I've read somewhere that some footballer at man utd do their own contracts!:lol:

Surely though mate that footballers have a mind of their own and can sort their own careers out?

We've seen some of the life choices footballers have made, I really don't think a lot of them could sort themselves out. I think there is a place for the honest, reasonable agent .... Unfortunately there are too many vultures and dodgy characters involved in the game today it's all getting a bit murky

We've seen some of the life choices footballers have made, I really don't think a lot of them could sort themselves out. I think there is a place for the honest, reasonable agent .... Unfortunately there are too many vultures and dodgy characters involved in the game today it's all getting a bit murky

Well you can understand in some cases why when some footballers retire they go off the rails and can't cope because everything has been done for them.

Well you can understand in some cases why when some footballers retire they go off the rails and can't cope because everything has been done for them.

The amount of stuff clubs do for players is scary / funny in equal measures

I can understand they are looking after an investment but some of these lads don't have to lift a finger. One of my mates has a property maintenance firm and some of the calls he used to get from safc were cringeworthy ... 2Am callout to change a lightbulb, called out to stop a letter box rattling in the wind, curtains coming off the hooks, change the temperature of the hot water tap .... The list goes on

I can understand they are looking after an investment but some of these lads don't have to lift a finger. One of my mates has a property maintenance firm and some of the calls he used to get from safc were cringeworthy ... 2Am callout to change a lightbulb, called out to stop a letter box rattling in the wind, curtains coming off the hooks, change the temperature of the hot water tap .... The list goes on

Really!:eek:

I have heard similar before, Like order me a washing maching and dishwasher ect.

Sullivan said: "[Odemwingie] drove down to QPR and was actively trying to force a transfer, but Mr Peace refused to cave in. He held his ground.

"He would not be bullied. You cannot give in to players like this. It is the same as giving in to terrorists or kidnappers. If you pay the ransom, they will only come back for more.

"Consequently, Mr Peace has done a great service to football."

This all day long, Its about time somebody stood up to these fuckers. So much money going to all the wrong people within the game...!

And the fans get ?

Nothing.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back