David Cassidy

Poor bugger, probably the greatest rock vocalist the world has ever seen.
Aye it must be a blessing and a curse to be so hugely popular at such a young age ... for something you don’t really like doing.

He made and lost a mint due to his teen idol status but all he really wanted to do was rock out.

Not a very happy life by all accounts.

Aye it must be a blessing and a curse to be so hugely popular at such a young age ... for something you don’t really like doing.

He made and lost a mint due to his teen idol status but all he really wanted to do was rock out.

Not a very happy life by all accounts.
Don't know anything about the bloke TBH, shame he's in a bad way though.

Don't know anything about the bloke TBH, shame he's in a bad way though.
Haway man you’re old enough to remember the Partridge Family and his teen idol solo career surely?

He got ridiculously famous on the back of a cheesy kids TV show when in fact he was a talented rock singer. He’d nick off from the set on a weekend to do sell out gigs wanting to play Hendrix type stuff and all the bewers would be screaming for him to play ‘I Think I Love You’.

Then the long slow descent into booze, drugs, depression, divorce, bankruptcy, false dawns of off Broadway revivals etc.

Haway man you’re old enough to remember the Partridge Family and his teen idol solo career surely?

He got ridiculously famous on the back of a cheesy kids TV show when in fact he was a talented rock singer. He’d nick off from the set on a weekend to do sell out gigs wanting to play Hendrix type stuff and all the bewers would be screaming for him to play ‘I Think I Love You’.

Then the long slow descent into booze, drugs, depression, divorce, bankruptcy, false dawns of off Broadway revivals etc.
Always had the hots for his on screen Mam. Shirley Jones.
Logon or register to see this image

Of course I do, but i didn't follow his career, I wasn't interested in him.

Oh, shame. He had lovely hair in his prime tbf. I was a bit too young to 'get' him at the time and later thought he was cheesy, but if I have to say I liked 'How Can I be Sure'.

Also, it can't have been easy living in Danny Bonaduce's shadow.

Back