Darts 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior to the final, MvG had only lost 3 sets in the whole tournament, and only had to put up a small fight against Suljovic. On the other hand, Smith battled against Schindler and Bunting losing 10 sets in the process. Heading into the final it looked like Smith was prepared to go the distance and was used to winning under pressure. MVG had had it easy in the competition and wasn’t prepared for the final. Up there for one of the best finals ever.

Yeah can’t remember losing a bet ( had one on MVG) and not minding losing as much as this one as very pleased for Smith.

You absolutely right great from both players.

It was a great advert for Darts and credit to both players
That is how darts should be. Just all round decent on and off the oche, I think the crowd enjoyed such a top class game played in the right manner. Hopefully we see more of that from the crowds going forward. Just goes to show once Smith got that Shanghai Masters title off his back, he's well on his way now and will take some stopping. Such is the standard, a class player like Price is 500k off the top spot in the order of merit, that in itself shows what a crazy standard it is. Pleased for Smith, long overdue that he gets his rewards.
Did that person with the Smith double hold their nerve?
Yes won £8500

That is how darts should be. Just all round decent on and off the oche, I think the crowd enjoyed such a top class game played in the right manner. Hopefully we see more of that from the crowds going forward. Just goes to show once Smith got that Shanghai Masters title off his back, he's well on his way now and will take some stopping. Such is the standard, a class player like Price is 500k off the top spot in the order of merit, that in itself shows what a crazy standard it is. Pleased for Smith, long overdue that he gets his rewards.

Yes won £8500

Aye credit to him if he did as loads telling him to cash out when he posted that double.

Credit to him for having the balls to let it ride.

He is probably not on here as either pissed already or their lass on line shopping already :D

I tend to agree with John Part in that the whole dynamics of the match was changed early on by the 9 darter. Imagine having a 159 average in the leg and still losing it. That has to rock even the strongest of mentally strong players. Losing a set with a 121 average tells its own story of the message sent to MvG.

Predictions for the premier league then - I’d guess:

Smith
MVG
Wright
Price
Humphries
Cross
Clayton
DVD

Noppert/Aspinall/Cullen/VDB have good shouts, Cross deserves a recall though? DVD is a loon and I think Sky will see him as good for viewing figures.

Predictions for the premier league then - I’d guess:

Smith
MVG
Wright
Price
Humphries
Cross
Clayton
DVD

Noppert/Aspinall/Cullen/VDB have good shouts, Cross deserves a recall though? DVD is a loon and I think Sky will see him as good for viewing figures.

surely Clemens is nailed on for a spot with his Worlds run, and with darts being on the ascendency in Germany. Perfect opportunity.

although I hope not, wouldn’t be surprised to see them put Barney in.

surely Clemens is nailed on for a spot with his Worlds run, and with darts being on the ascendency in Germany. Perfect opportunity.

although I hope not, wouldn’t be surprised to see them put Barney in.
Yeah I wondered about Clemens - well below the others on the rankings, definitely increases the continental appeal though, might also help VDB and Nopperts chances. Maybe Cross and Clayton will be overlooked - they’re great players but maybe not the biggest “characters”.

Imo, the Premier League should be

Smith
Price
MVG
Wright
Clayton
Cross
Humphries
Cullen
DVD
Clemens

Rock as an outsider for a wildcard?

Last edited:
What’s your problem? Smith not a worthy champ?

MVG is a cùnt and was shown up tonight. Fück that parasite.
Looks like a right prick after this. Daft cúnt.

Both players deserve respect for a great show and both were great respecting each other at the end and during the game

Smith very worthy champ and full deserved it.

Both players deserve respect for the great show they put him.

People should be celebrating and congratulating both players for a great final, which was great for Darts

Yet every single post you seem to want to have a go at Van Gerwen, find it embarrassing tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back