Darts 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a cracking player. Take out MVG, Anderson, Wright, Smith, Cross (I'll keep him in as it's just 13 months since that title), Gurney and one or two others and there really aren't that many better than him. He maybe doesn't have the scoring power of some of those mentioned, but he'll consistently average late 90's, sometimes in the 100s and that'll win more matches than not. First to 10 leg match against the likes of White, Cullen, D Webster and Clayton who are in currently in the top 15 of the PDC Order of Merit, and I'd back Glen to beat them.

There is a reason why SkyBet have him the joint 6th favourite to win the World's in 2020 and it's because he is very good. He's a great addition to the PDC.

Last edited:
He's a cracking player. Take out MVG, Anderson, Wright, Smith, Cross (I'll keep him in as it's just 13 months since that title), Gurney and one or two others and there really aren't that many better than him. He maybe doesn't have the scoring power of some of those mentioned, but he'll consistently average late 90's, sometimes in the 100s and that'll win more matches than not. First to 10 leg match against the likes of White, Cullen, D Webster and Clayton who are in currently in the top 15 of the PDC Order of Merit, and I'd back Glen to beat them.

There is a reason why SkyBet have him the joint 6th favourite to win the World's in 2020 and it's because he is very good. He's a great addition to the PDC.
50/1

https://m.skybet.com/darts/pdc-world-championships/event/23348030

40's, joint 6th with A Lewis.

Not in the same league or price band as some of the others I mentioned earlier, but a lot shorter than the likes of world #11 White (150/1), top 10 Whitlock (100/1) and Darren Webster at 125/1.

A lot of the stick and criticism he gets will be from PDC fans rather than darts fans, and they'll struggle to accept that a recent (ex) BDO player is as good, if not better, than a lot of the players they have watched for years. It's quite similar in boxing where there's a lot of fans of a specific promoter / channel.

Not in the same league or price band as some of the others I mentioned earlier, but a lot shorter than the likes of world #11 White (150/1), top 10 Whitlock (100/1) and Darren Webster at 125/1.

A lot of the stick and criticism he gets will be from PDC fans rather than darts fans, and they'll struggle to accept that a recent (ex) BDO player is as good, if not better, than a lot of the players they have watched for years. It's quite similar in boxing where there's a lot of fans of a specific promoter / channel.
Got 50/1on will hill same odds as wade and shorter than chisnall and rvb is 100/1 do you think duzza is worth a bet

Got 50/1on will hill same odds as wade and shorter than chisnall and rvb is 100/1 do you think duzza is worth a bet

I'll see how he gets on in some of the bigger TV events this year first like the UK Open, World Matchplay, Grand Slam etc. but with a decent draw he could do damage. If he's seeded 32 or not seeded at all and plays MVG at the earliest opportunity then that 40 or 50 won't look great :lol:, but I do think those odds are realistic and it'll be very interesting to see how he gets on.

It runs a lot deeper than that. Most BDO people don't want to recognise the PDC even exists, let alone its dominance in the sport. I'll give the BDO another couple of years before it disappears. They haven't anyone capable of being ranked in a combined top 32 now.

I'll see how he gets on in some of the bigger TV events this year first like the UK Open, World Matchplay, Grand Slam etc. but with a decent draw he could do damage. If he's seeded 32 or not seeded at all and plays MVG at the earliest opportunity then that 40 or 50 won't look great :lol:, but I do think those odds are realistic and it'll be very interesting to see how he gets on.
He has to qualify for them first. Outside chance of the Matchplay

It runs a lot deeper than that. Most BDO people don't want to recognise the PDC even exists, let alone its dominance in the sport. I'll give the BDO another couple of years before it disappears. They haven't anyone capable of being ranked in a combined top 32 now.

Been saying that about the BDO for the last 10 years. Grassroots/ County darts still has a place...no difference to league one and two football ;)

The BDO have lost a large contingent of top players this year and it is definitely better when the obvious better players are in one organisation and playing each other regularly, not just one or two token events a year. I'm a general darts fan and I'll watch most PDC majors and will also tune into the BDO worlds, largely to see the next players who will eventually switch and ultimately compete, so I can't speak for 'BDO people', but there's a hell of a lot on here and on Twitter who purposely won't give the BDO the time of day and will automatically think it's shit with the 'thud thud thud' shite and that all the players are automatically inferior, which just isn't the case.

The gap is obviously widening all the time the more and more people switch over and I don't know what future they have, but short term, I'm sure there will be others left in the BDO who will be able to hold their own. People like Ratajski have been in the PDC less than two year but are already on the brink of the top 50 and didn't do much in the BDO worlds, so you never know. Danny Noppert as well, switched over 13 months ago and is 45 now despite only having a year on the tour as opposed to the two year ranking system that they use - obviously he was a stand out BDOer, so little surprise he is doing so well, but my point was, in general, a lot of people think these players are automatically inferior just because they don't regularly see them in them in the bright lights of the PDC events.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the BDO mind.

He has to qualify for them first. Outside chance of the Matchplay

I purposely used those 3 events as he's already has a round bye in the UK Open (iirc) and he'll be in the Grand Slam as usual due to his BDO exploits, plus I saw your earlier World Matchplay reference, although obviously a lot of work to do for that.

Last edited:
The BDO have lost a large contingent of top players this year and it is definitely better when the obvious better players are in one organisation and playing each other regularly, not just one or two token events a year. I'm a general darts fan and I'll watch most PDC majors and will also tune into the BDO worlds, largely to see the next players who will eventually switch and ultimately compete, so I can't speak for 'BDO people', but there's a hell of a lot on here and on Twitter who purposely won't give the BDO the time of day and will automatically think it's shit with the 'thud thud thud' shite and that all the players are automatically inferior, which just isn't the case.

The gap is obviously widening all the time the more and more people switch over and I don't know what future they have, but short term, I'm sure there will be others left in the BDO who will be able to hold their own. People like Ratajski have been in the PDC less than two year but are already on the brink of the top 50 and didn't do much in the BDO worlds, so you never know. Danny Noppert as well, switched over 13 months ago and is 45 now despite only having a year on the tour as opposed to the two year ranking system that they use - obviously he was a stand out BDOer, so little surprise he is doing so well, but my point was, in general, a lot of people think these players are automatically inferior just because they don't regularly see them in them in the bright lights of the PDC events.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the BDO mind.

I purposely used those 3 events as he's already has a round bye in the UK Open (iirc) and he'll be in the Grand Slam as usual due to his BDO exploits, plus I saw your earlier World Matchplay reference, although obviously a lot of work to do for that.
He's about £18000 off the Matchplay on the pro tour oom. Unsure when the cut off is

Edit my bad I've been looking at the wrong OOM. Durrant is provisionally in the Matchplay at the moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back